Author Topic: The Obligatory What Are You Listening to Now? Thread  (Read 177580 times)

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
Re: The Obligatory What Are You Listening to Now? Thread
« Reply #945 on: April 27, 2019, 12:13:53 AM »
The Avalanches
am awaiting the new The Black Keys in june

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #946 on: May 08, 2019, 06:07:32 PM »

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #947 on: May 11, 2019, 04:07:31 PM »
I've never watched a single episode of 'Game Of Thrones', but, I'm sure digging this.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #948 on: May 11, 2019, 07:25:02 PM »
Better:

I'd rather watch this version of the show:

A history lesson from Jaime Lannister (The story behind the song):

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #950 on: May 16, 2019, 12:08:34 PM »

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #952 on: May 19, 2019, 05:41:39 PM »
Random witchhouse mixes. Some of them are great, some of them are crap.

In particular, there's one "Artist" that has a woman just yell. It's like a mix of a kazoo and an air raid siren. I hope her singing career is a short one. I wish her the best in any other endeavor, but poo is she annoying.

That mix was called "Serpent" now I'm listening to "Dolphin". No yelling woman yet in dolphin. I think what draws me to these mixes is the lack of distracting vocals, and the fact they are long. I don't have to tab away from what I'm doing to pull up new stuff.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #954 on: May 22, 2019, 03:56:46 PM »

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #955 on: May 22, 2019, 11:59:14 PM »
Declassified    podcasts

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #956 on: May 23, 2019, 11:09:18 PM »
Bittersweet symphony - apparently the stones aren't getting the money for it anymore.

Hell of a video. Just walk your route, THEY can move.

Also like when he jumps the car, and then disregards the yelling driver.

The real story behind the whole thing is kind of infuriating. Verve paid a license fee FOR THEIR SAMPLE.

The Stones manager wanted them to pay FOR THE SONG. Which would have been a whole different thing. Lawyers lawyered, Verve lost hard.

Keith Richards was a bless'ed joker about it. He said the Verve should go off and learn to write a song, when the Stones built themselves on black R&B and didn't pay poo.

The managers were the biggest pricks here, got the money for 22 years.

Apparently Kieth got over it, and Jagger knew not to say poo.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 11:22:14 PM by 8ullfrog »

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #957 on: May 24, 2019, 12:58:38 PM »
Yes, I'm familiar with this story. Money turns people into animals. Guy where I work is going through an inheritance battle with the rest of his siblings. Has torn the family apart. Very sad.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #958 on: May 24, 2019, 06:13:45 PM »
Grandpa did some serious poo in the cold war, worked with the NIKE systems. But he wasn't a flagtard. He served his country, then became an accountant. He did visit the American Legion on the weekends, he liked the dinners and breakfasts there. He was a steadfast supporter of the organization and was well liked. He never saluted anyone, it was more a community thing for him.

He did funny poo with his medals. Made a marksmanship one a JIM BEAM marksmanship medal. He had some hardcore arts and crafts skills. He mostly used them to make the amazon books he and grandma sold bulletproof. What he would do is cut down a ritz cracker box, and use it to protect the spines and edges of the books.

This got them a lot of five stars, and a few expected one stars. Some people just aren't happy.

One of the greedy uncles was pissed because apparently some medals go for good money at auction or whatever. I was super amused that grandpa got to tweak him from beyond.

I got nothing, but hey, I wasn't expecting anything.

The one thing I wanted, I did eventually get when grandma moved to Pennsylvania, so I guess I win. (The B&D toaster oven) Grandma had been using it as a plant stand. She's malicious like that.

The first Stones manager was wrong. The Verve cleared the rights for their sample, there was no "too long" exception. Problem is, lawyers can hold up poo in court forever. No judgement was ever rendered, but the Settlement was pretty bad for The Verve.

Hell, my lawyer dropped me a year ago now, and I STILL have to tell social security they dropped me. I'm going to have to ride out to their office and yell at someone in the face.

Anyway, the second manager bragged that he got more out of the settlement than Jagger or Richards. I hope the porcine golly choked on it.

Anyway, I got tired of listening to the neighbor yelling, so I opened my window and blasted "Redneck" by Lamb of God.

They're quiet as church mice now.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus