Author Topic: So I keep figthing this creationist  (Read 20357 times)

Offline Santafer

• Neandertal
  • Here Comes Daddy!
Re: So I keep figthing this creationist
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 03:38:17 PM »
I did actually, he said god doesn't care about happiness, that he could fix everything but won't until everyone worships him. I made him admit he was a horrible father himself.

In the same mail he told that Christ will judge the good deeds, even though that was what I told him to begging with, the if there is a god I expect to be judged for good actions not simply believing. Yet when I tell him I should love to develop ways to help people he says I have yet done something to make the world better(not like he has done anything) and that God won't care about that, only that why we rejected him for dying for our sins. He contradicts himself.

--------------------
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I just pick another fight. sorry but I can't stand ignorant cowpoo.

At least it tried being civil, even if this one keep saying I have to see the light.

I don't want to spam that channel any more and I apologize if my comments offended you. It's just that when people claim stuff without basis or understanding of the others point of view it enrages me. I respect the good Christians that don't push their points of view into others and call the sinners. I was raised Christian and I have read the bible ans since people says it is open to interpretation, I have to say that what I read was horrible and full of lies and despicable acts.

Understand my point of view. You people claim the bible is perfect, infallible and the truth. Yet is is filled with prophecies that never happened, things that are physically impossible and just outrageous crimes int he name of God, and sometimes cause God told them to.

You gotta admit that you have very little knowledge of history and other people myths to actually claims your is the correct when your has much in common with all those you decide to negate.

If you want to believe that is fine. But I see religions as an escape mechanism to the fear of death and responsibility, because praying does nothing, you have to do it yourself. And I believe that if there is a god he is not such a richard like in the bible, and he will judge everyone regardless of religion and thanks to their own actions. If not, he is not benevolent as he claims to be. Remember this. The church used God to get money, cause if you were not part of the church and give them money you were going to hell. It's the same today. Those donations? that car the priest rides didn't pay itself. People don't like to have their stuff taken? They made stealing a sin. They don't want other to kill them? Make it a sin, even if they are murderers themselves. People don't want to accept they are mortal and will die so they made an afterlife. I only accept mortality and

I have hope that we can make this world better, if we work together, but God doesn't have to be part of it, specially looking at what doing to word of god has done through history (crusades, killers that claim to hear God)

And please don't quote the Bible, you won't convince anyone like that.

Have a good day and sorry if I was a richard.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 04:55:59 PM by Santafer »

Offline subvinorosa

• Human
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 05:41:35 PM »
If they're online I can keep them away.

When I'm living with them, I put on my bestest ever behavior.  They are my in-laws after all and I have them to thank for my King. (Oh wait a minute...!)

Now when they are my relatives, food seems to end conversations pretty well.

Offline tarascon

• Cro-Magnon
  • Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2013, 07:57:45 AM »
These folks are unaware--or really just don't give a drat--that Charles Darwin was a faith-based Christian himself and struggled with it his whole life to the extent that he had gastric pains. But he was also a solid empiricist who did not ignore the evidence of his own eyes and mind.
I personally think that the evolution/creationist "debate" is a red herring; who's to say that god (God, if you prefer)--who worked in the material world of matter--did not use evolution as an act of creation (Creation, if you prefer).
Estragon: I can't go on like this.
Vladimir: That's what you think.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2013, 08:02:46 AM »
....who's to say that god (God, if you prefer)--who worked in the material world of matter--did not use evolution as an act of creation (Creation, if you prefer).

That's too untidy for most religious folk.  In my experience they prefer their shirts pressed and in the right drawer.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline tarascon

• Cro-Magnon
  • Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2013, 08:13:20 AM »
^ Truth. Sad truth. lol
Estragon: I can't go on like this.
Vladimir: That's what you think.

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2013, 12:27:25 PM »
Maybe they're just stubborn and shut their minds to anything different to what they have been told to believe. The concepts of evolution and natural selection are really very tidy but you have to be willing to understand them.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2013, 04:00:31 AM »
That's too untidy for most religious folk.  In my experience they prefer their shirts pressed and in the right drawer.
Not always.

What's unfortunate is that it is not only the religious folk.  A great many people still don't believe we came from exploding stars, and at the end of the day, it's almost common knowledge.

Offline bubu

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2013, 04:56:13 AM »
People don't like the unknown they prefer to believe in an old book and in what somebody else said. Don't you think is frightening to think about stars and Universe, and to understand that human beings are less than a crumb in all that ? And most people want to conform so developing a chritical thinking is dangerous...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 04:05:20 PM by bubu »

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2013, 01:58:04 PM »
no :)  I ain't scared any more.  What's frightening is what humans do. 

Critical thinking is fun, but can sometimes hurt. 

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2013, 06:30:24 PM »
I love you all but a lot of what christ has stated is why I have chosen not to participate in this discussion.  I know what I believe and keeping you as friends is more important.

For me though, whether it's evolution or creation, big bang, primordial goo, blah1, blah2, or blah3, it's inconsequential to my day to day living.  My life is a mere blip in history so no matter how we got here, we're here.  Living this life to help better those we come in contact with on a day-to-day basis is a more honorable thing than proving we came from primates or whatever.
--dweez

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2013, 08:48:38 PM »
Living this life to help better those we come in contact with on a day-to-day basis is a more honorable thing than proving we came from primates or whatever.

Oh snap. We actually agree on something. Hard to tell most times cause youre just shuffling and keeping the peace.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2013, 10:30:05 PM »
Aw shucks :blush:
--dweez

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 09:20:24 AM »
Not having friends in the first place is easier than trying to keep them, in my experience.

True, but what kind of life is that?
--dweez

Offline bubu

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 10:43:17 AM »
Friends are everything to me in this difficult period of my life

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod