Author Topic: Paranormal Activity.  (Read 13069 times)

Offline Diabolico

• Neandertal
Re: Paranormal Activity.
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2009, 10:48:42 AM »
Probably should be called: Extraterrestrial or Alien Conspiracy; Area 51 gets used too often, you can use Google Maps to check the base. Is it still in usage? As some years ago some conspiracy nut magazine stated the radiation levels were too high.

Not to mention the fact the area is gigantic, illegally entering the base and getting close to the buildings would be next to impossible, due to the security and the size of the base imho.

Seems more and more horro rmovies are becoming mainstream...

Don't forget remakes, take Halloween, Friday the 13th, or even Nightmare on Elm Street. In that remake (aNoES), Freddy Kruger, is innocent (?). I hope child murdering rapist isn't changed to a lighter subject.

There was a fan made film on Youtube, that was used to promote an actor for the role. It's better than the official trailer imho.

How many of those were low budget films?
Quote from: Brian Moore
Despite the tons of examples and docs, mod_rewrite is voodoo. Damned cool voodoo, but still voodoo.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Rev AJ's Grand Inquisitor
  • Homo Superior
  • Power doesnt give you the right
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2009, 03:13:14 PM »
1,3,4 and New Nightmare had decent budgets for the times they were made.
The rest were crap on toast.

Probably should be called: Extraterrestrial or Alien Conspiracy; Area 51 gets used too often, you can use Google Maps to check the base. Is it still in usage? As some years ago some conspiracy nut magazine stated the radiation levels were too high.

Not to mention the fact the area is gigantic, illegally entering the base and getting close to the buildings would be next to impossible, due to the security and the size of the base imho.

For a whilethey had orders to shoot to kill.
 They have ascertained that the above ground area is too small for the amount of workers that are bussed in from the surounding area, leaving alot of speculation that most of it is underground.
 Notto mention there is amountian in Wyoming ( Cheyane Mountain?) that is lesser known, but conected with UFO conspiracy theories.
I keep my standards low.
That way im never disapointed.

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2009, 04:03:17 PM »
Don't forget remakes, take Halloween, Friday the 13th, or even Nightmare on Elm Street.

I think the new Halloween series is masterful. FAR superior to the originals. Of course they were precident setters in the category of horror in the 70-80's.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2009, 04:44:11 PM »
Rob Zombie did a good job.
Im curious to see if they are going to make the Nightmare On Elm street movies any good orif theyll flop like im expecting.
I know the new Friday The 13th sucked so hard it wasnt even aproaching funny.
I keep my standards low.

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2009, 07:08:05 PM »
Rob Zombie did a good job.
Im curious to see if they are going to make the Nightmare On Elm street movies any good orif theyll flop like im expecting.
I know the new Friday The 13th sucked so hard it wasnt even aproaching funny.

Agreed

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
  • I've seen the future. I can't afford it.
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2009, 12:57:18 AM »
I wonder if they'll get Johnny Depp to make a cameo in the new Elm Street?  :D (Not to mention Robert Englund... ;))

Speaking of remakes - Invasion of the Body Snatchers has been remade multiple times, and, in general, they tend to be decent to really good flicks. I still think the birthing pod people in the black and white version are very creepy and are awesome special effects, not even just for he time. The 70s version with Donald Sutherland has some great moments. The one with Forest Whitaker and Meg Tilly was alright. But even the most recent Nicole Kidman one wasn't too shabby...

But a horror movie that needs no remake?: John Carpenter's The Thing

That flick is the poo!

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2009, 03:08:40 AM »
There has been talk.

I bought the video game for X Box back in 2002 and heard umors about it or a sequel back then.
I keep my standards low.

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2009, 10:17:50 AM »
Speaking of The Thing.. that'ts sort of what Whiteout looked like. Did anybody see Whiteout to fiure out what the plot of it really was?

I think one other factor with Paranormal Activity is the expense account that is was made on vs. how much it's pulled in. Lots of people seeing it are proably curious to see if they can manage the same thing. There's ton of people out there trying to find a way to win the equivialnt of the 'lottery' by thinking up the next lolzcats or blair witch.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2009, 10:33:54 AM »
Speaking of Blair Witch, the makers have made a movie a couple years ago called Altered.
Check it out, the movie actualy scaredme,and Im jaded as hell.
Spoiler (hover to show)
I keep my standards low.