Author Topic: Last Person to Speak Wins! 最后发言者获胜  (Read 331736 times)

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
Re: Last Person to Speak Wins! 最后发言者获胜
« Reply #150 on: February 12, 2019, 01:28:35 PM »
So we've known you since you weren't much older than your kids are now - strange to think.

Happy Day.
I agree, although I was little over 20 when you met me, but yes, from here, today, I feel I was closer to my children's age when I was 20.  I have an 18 year old friend I have taken to looking after, she reminds me of my daughter, because she is closer in age to her than to me.  But to be honest, I've never felt younger than I did on the 7th of this month.  Guaranteed I won't be Cool Hand Luke'd into feeling the drudge that some unfortunate people my age suffer from this place, but I do see it.  More and more I wish I would have just studied psychology, to have a set field.  I'm good at that.

Six, thank you.  There isn't a day that goes by that something you've shown me hasn't helped.  I just plum love you.
You too christ.

8ully, I had some real fun playing STO with you.  I thought that was some of the best quality friends time two people can get when living in separate places.  I have a lovely best friend from the Netherlands, we've known eachother for almost 8 to 9 years, thanks to online gaming.  So, needless to say, I dont forget hanging with you either.  Maybe I will ask her to come to the fora.  I think she'd be lovely here. 
aelthric, I plain love you too.  Still remembered everything I learned from our conversations whilst I was in college years ago.  You are an amazingly strong willed man.

Hey 8ully, you know i seriously got kiddish laughter and enjoyment from that ren and stimpy birthday video.  Perfect. 

And now, my message is almost completed, I am going to watch the video six posted now, for my lady of a kiddo, and I'll find something to do here at work, at the liquor store all eve.  Inhave my guitar and my book.  Plus there is jepardy at night <3.

P.s.
Oh wow, that video was on point Six.  Just a couple more years, and that's in her future.

Also, apparently I am a britskin;)
Grandma got her DNA checked, shes half British, quarter Celtic, quarter German, smidge of Cherokee and Scottish.

8ully, I'm watching one of my friend live stream his resident evil 2 playing, I get my fixes, and I desperately miss face shooting in first person games.
Your run on your avatar mmo characters sounds like my stories about my lotro characters, I have entire timelines and histories on all the characters I created. 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 01:43:55 PM by Beatrix »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #151 on: February 15, 2019, 09:58:39 AM »
I've nothing RE2 will run on, but I think I remember the original fondly enough.

I've been going over films year by year on wikipedia, and I'm pretty sure somebody has a bias, a lot of films I remember watching are nowhere on the lists, but it's a good enough general index, and then I can go from there.

I've watched some supremely shitty movies based on this list, but my mind was blown when I realized Breaking Bad was a ripoff of a 2000 Pot themed Craig Ferguson film called saving grace: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saving_Grace_(2000_film)

I mean yeah, breaking bad branched quite a bit from that material, but it goes to show there's nothing new under the sun.

Another disturbing note is the magical autistic child. I can't say how far back it's gone, but it's a supremely annoying trope!

Thankfully, most of these films are rightfully lambasted, but apparrently the trope is alive and well, the recent Predator film hinged on a magical autist child. And that's supremely bless'ed offensive.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #152 on: March 24, 2019, 12:14:18 PM »
I'd have to agree with you 8ully.  Although I spent half of my time taiming myself to not be offended. 
I don't like a token use of any person. 

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #153 on: March 26, 2019, 10:25:24 PM »
I never saw Saving Grace, but it sounds vaguely familiar.

I liked Breaking Bad.  It stands up to repeated viewing.  The Path, not so much.  That show just ran out of steam after jumping sharks a few times.  I don't know what Aaron Paul is up to.  The Philip K Di ck's Electric Dreams on amazon is not much better than a revamped Outer Limits, Cranston is involved with that.  I think he's doing other stuff but I haven't kept track.

It's always nice to hear from you on here, Bea.  I'm tired a lot these days.  Too many classes at once and I'm run off my feet trying to keep up with everything.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #154 on: March 27, 2019, 10:42:33 PM »
I used to watch BB on TV, I have 4/5 dvd seasons, I'm waiting until I have the set to do a watchthrough.

Today I picked up a season of Buffy and Two seasons of Angel. There was another season of Angel, but a disk was missing, AND they wanted another dollar for it. incompetent.

Apparently, the best copy of Buffy you can get is the UK DVD release, it's in 16:9 native, and it isn't the stupid cropped version they sell as "HD". There's a youtube video on why this is a bad thing.

The staffer was kinda rude about cutting the tape off with scissors, but they're the ones who tape them shut, and I'm not buying them sight unseen, there are no refunds at goodwill.

After she cut it open, she apologized to me, but I'm pretty sure they'll just tape it shut and put it right back on the shelf. One time to amuse myself, I kept bringing a broken speaker to the front, and told them it was broken. They kept putting it back on the shelf. I gave up.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #155 on: April 17, 2019, 04:02:12 PM »
I've been watching 'Parks & Recreation'. Been watching a lot of westerns too. lol
I have been on disability because I broke my wrist really bad (plates, screws, and pins). Anyway, was doing some Google Password Etc. cleanup, and found this site. YAY! Escaped my memory for so long. Now I get to bug the poo out of you guys again.  :P

p.s. They automatically replaced with the word 'poo'. lol, really?

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #156 on: April 17, 2019, 04:07:54 PM »
There are filters. You can turn them off as long as you're logged in. I like to think of it being like an airport terminal. Sorry about your wrist man, that is some major suckage.

My mom has been watching all the ancient western content on MeTV, and it is shockingly racist. The "Indians" might as well be animals by how they are depicted, and Marshall Dillon had to bribe his way out of Mexico after getting in a fight with the Federales.

I never watched Parks & Rec, I kinda lumped it together with all the white panic/cringe comedy, like Modern Family. Do you like it?

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #157 on: April 17, 2019, 04:17:49 PM »
Hey, what's up Bully. I shall check into the filter settings. Just thought it was pretty funny 'poo' was the auto replacement.
I think 'Parks & Recreation' is pretty damn funny. I know it's an old show. Never watched much TV til now. UGH! Bored out of my mind. Anyway, amazing how many people on that show went on to become stars on their own.
One thing I will say, thank God I got disability insurance last Summer. I would be struggling right now if I hadn't. Only thing I'm struggling with is boredom. Been off work for 2 months. Should be back to work in June or July.

Oh, you are right about those old Westerns. lol I've never been into Westerns. So, why have I been watching them? Have no idea. Been doing a lot of stuff I've never done before. lol
Anyway, sure hope everyone is well.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #158 on: April 17, 2019, 04:24:06 PM »
Helps to pass the time I suspect. I read a lot. Not even good reading. Shitty fanfic mostly.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #159 on: April 17, 2019, 04:53:33 PM »
Plate:

Pin:

Yeah, I know, gross!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 04:38:10 PM by Schmoogsley »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #160 on: April 17, 2019, 05:15:33 PM »
Yes, but what stations does it get? :)

Maybe get some magnets in to pull stupid magic tricks? Kidding, kidding, I know that would be malpractice.

How did you wreck it?

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #161 on: April 17, 2019, 05:21:01 PM »
Fell on the ice Jan 28. They pulled the pin out 3 weeks ago. Ever had a pin pulled out of your bone?  :o  "OUCH!"

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #162 on: April 17, 2019, 09:12:25 PM »
Falling sucks.  It can be so dangerous.  I frequently take tumbles around here due to uneven sidewalks.  Last month I hit the curb and a large rock and almost cracked a rib.  I was sore for weeks.  It's to the point where you have to watch your feet all the time.

One of my grad school professors died at a relatively young age from a fall in his house.  That wrist fracture looks like it must have hurt like a &$%^#$%%^& and the plates and pins don't look like much fun.  Are you still driving for FedEx?

I often look for funny tv.  Never warmed to P&R.  Lots of Sat. Night Live/Office people on it, if memory serves.  We have been watching Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle.  I'm sure that's not to everyone's taste either.

Glad to have you back, regardless of the circumstance.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #163 on: April 17, 2019, 09:16:53 PM »
Hey six, you're classy, What's a classy way of defining what I call "white panic" shitcoms? It's like, white people, who are well off, and nothing can really hurt them, but they're screaming about a minor inconvenience or social faux pas?

I feel like when I call them white panic sitcoms, I'm being racist. But their problems are so white!

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #164 on: April 17, 2019, 09:36:58 PM »
Falling sucks.  It can be so dangerous.  I frequently take tumbles around here due to uneven sidewalks.  Last month I hit the curb and a large rock and almost cracked a rib.  I was sore for weeks.  It's to the point where you have to watch your feet all the time.

One of my grad school professors died at a relatively young age from a fall in his house.  That wrist fracture looks like it must have hurt like a &$%^#$%%^& and the plates and pins don't look like much fun.  Are you still driving for FedEx?

I often look for funny tv.  Never warmed to P&R.  Lots of Sat. Night Live/Office people on it, if memory serves.  We have been watching Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle.  I'm sure that's not to everyone's taste either.

Glad to have you back, regardless of the circumstance.
Hey Six. Nice to see you again. Was looking in profile, you were the one to give me the invite to this fora 3 years ago. lol
Sorry it took so long to find my way back. lol Jeez.
Anyway, no, I'm not with FedEx anymore. Takes too long to get fulltime position there (12 years). I'm with a union LTL company now. Doing great til I broke my wrist. lol However, like I mentioned in previous post, I got some disability insurance last Summer. Thank God. Should be back in the saddle by June/July. Sure hope everyone is doing well.