Author Topic: what will you be doing tonight  (Read 227170 times)

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
Re: what will you be doing tonight
« Reply #1410 on: April 01, 2024, 04:12:24 PM »
by the look of it, not sleeping again

Again ditto
A belated happy Easter to everyone. Hope there is at least a little chocolate left for later in the week.

TNG was back (to build yet another server) so I have another evening in the pub and then a takeaway.

Ahhh, Pubs and takeaways. My life hasn't changed much in 40 years and I can't say I'm bored with it.
Happy easter as well.
NO chocolate I'm afraid, Son turned up for easter and a few pints were had.
Wife cooked her little socks off and still we had a chinese saturday night  ;D Wife loves a chinese meal

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1411 on: April 01, 2024, 09:18:55 PM »
I hardly slept last night either, so sleeping is on the agenda today.

Happy Easter.  we had carryout dumplings and calamari.  Delicious.  Dessert?  Dark chocolate McVittie's digestive biscuit.
Tonight I had NOT Chicken nuggets with some spinach.  They weren't bad for plant based junk food.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1412 on: April 02, 2024, 01:03:34 AM »
Honestly, I'll take an honest restaurant over a fancy one ten times out of ten. You know exactly what you want, and exactly what you are getting.

Happy easter.

I have hangups about the term "hole in the wall" in regard to restaurants, but that would be a rant, and probably not one worth reading.

As to pubs, never really been my thing. I've had a few nice bar visits, and many not nice ones. I tend to be the guy in the parking lot picking up friends.

I will say my last one was pleasant. Live music, well priced beers, and I was able to walk home. They closed up not long after, but it was not unexpected with the real estate market in town.

I will say my favorite fast food burger came from a chinese food restaurant, and the passion for the dish surpassed any lazy burger at a similar level. The guy loved hamburgers, and when it came to the challenge, he brought it. I do think he pickled his shredded lettuce, but that was neat rather than unpleasant.

This was in Fresno of all places. Then again, their Foster Freeze was surprisingly good, despite the bullet holes.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1413 on: April 02, 2024, 08:40:18 AM »

What a cut up!
8ully, I went to Fresno once.  It was a 3 hour drive.  It's a little island in the middle of farmland.  I think that in the surrounding area there are many fruit farms/orchards.  I hear they have a symphony orchestra.  There's also a Costco and some banks.  We didn't really stick around to explore the various cultural riches as we went on business, took care of it and left.  On the way we passed lots of Family Dollar and Dollar General stores.  Cigarette and liquor stores.  It was good to arrive back home after that.   

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1415 on: April 03, 2024, 01:23:58 PM »
I don't know how I missed that McSweeney's but it's pretty funny.  I had eggs over easy for lunch a couple days ago.  No chocolate, though. 

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #1416 on: April 06, 2024, 11:33:57 PM »
Hopefully sleeping