Author Topic: Latest Movie You Watched  (Read 421009 times)

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
Re: Latest Movie You Watched
« Reply #2700 on: November 12, 2018, 08:03:10 AM »
Kilo Two Bravo?

bugger wrong film  ;D ;D ;D

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2701 on: November 15, 2018, 12:02:50 AM »
Wowee zowee.

Bohemian Rhapsody.  What a train wreck of a movie.  It was like a Wikipedia article set to film.  No character development, no logic, no insights.  Just the facts, ma'am.  After 59 minutes, I made an economical assessment.  What was more valuable to me?  Another 61 minutes of this sad effort, or a good hour of sleep?  I opted for the latter.  Rami Malek is a cute guy.  He's like Mr. Robot in the 70's.  Cute, and singing.  Freddie Mercury he ain't.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #2702 on: December 10, 2018, 04:48:15 AM »
Wowee zowee.

Bohemian Rhapsody.  What a train wreck of a movie.  It was like a Wikipedia article set to film.  No character development, no logic, no insights.  Just the facts, ma'am.  After 59 minutes, I made an economical assessment.  What was more valuable to me?  Another 61 minutes of this sad effort, or a good hour of sleep?  I opted for the latter.  Rami Malek is a cute guy.  He's like Mr. Robot in the 70's.  Cute, and singing.  Freddie Mercury he ain't.

Not something I'd fancy at all but I find it interesting that it gets high review ratings pretty much everywhere and has already earned about 10x its budget.

Perhaps it's akin to Springtime for Hitler.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #2703 on: December 10, 2018, 11:22:55 AM »
Dumplin'
surprising ok
Hold The Dark
different

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2704 on: December 10, 2018, 07:13:06 PM »
Not something I'd fancy at all but I find it interesting that it gets high review ratings pretty much everywhere and has already earned about 10x its budget.

Perhaps it's akin to Springtime for Hitler.

Could be.  I'm amazed at how many people just LOVED it.  Great googly moogly.  Maybe I'm getting cynical in my old age.  Rami Malek just does not have the gravitas to pull it off.  Sorry.  Good costumes and makeup, though.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #2705 on: December 15, 2018, 11:13:42 PM »
The Appearance 2018   a little bit of name of the rose and the witch.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2706 on: December 18, 2018, 08:28:10 PM »
If it's any consolation, Jennifer Garner made AJ's life a living hell. He is now a shell of his former self.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2707 on: December 19, 2018, 02:18:09 AM »
His real teeth are tiny nubs, Michael Bay paid to replace his ACTUAL TEETH to make him more of a movie star.

If anything, he's regretting batman most for being alive. He directed and produced a film, only to get batman questions on the red carpet. Like yeah, you made some depressing arty film that will be forgotten in two months, WHAT'S UP WITH BATMAN?

Crap, now I'm depressed and want Michael Bay to buy me new teeth.

But Jennifer Garner. God do I hold an irrational hate for that woman.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #2708 on: December 19, 2018, 08:46:25 AM »
Sounds pretty rational to me.
--dweez

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2709 on: December 19, 2018, 11:00:30 AM »
I only know J. Garner from playing Sydney whatever on that TV show, Alias.  It was formulaic and predictable after a while.  Never caught her in a movie.  Why the hate for her?  I'm sure you have your reasons, I just wonder at it.

I find her omnipresence in the supermarket tabloids wearying, but that's about it, but I don't see lots of movies, so I'm curious.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2710 on: December 20, 2018, 01:28:32 AM »
There is a particular Conan  O'Brien interview where the mask comes off, plus you're more right than you know about the tabloids, she has her own industry in the Midwest based on telling women how to live.

Plus for quite a while I only got capitol one ads on my youtube. The ads would load fine, but then the video wouldn't. So I'd get to see her shilling air miles 3x5 times before I actually got to see the video.

I guess hate is a strong word, it's more of an irrational dislike.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2711 on: December 20, 2018, 02:34:59 AM »
In the U.S., when you are checking out with your groceries, most supermarkets have a selection of magazines for purchase, along with candy, gum, and other impulse buy type items near the register. 

Many Americans use these as a short term library to entertain themselves while waiting to check out.  I'm frequently mystified by the news as it's about celebrities I've never heard of.  The tabloids there are like your mainstream Sun, etc.  National Enquirer, the now defunct, but more entertaining, Weekly World News (Color TV found on Mars, Statue of Elvis Found on Mars are two headlines that I recall).  There is usually news about the Kardashians, the Royals (marriage trouble, accusations against Prince Charles -- alleging that he had Diana murdered, suggestions that Camilla and Kate are at odds, that the Queen doesn't like Meghan) or marital spats between celebs like J. Garner and her ex, Ben Affleck.  The themes are pretty consistent, only the individuals involved change.  There are also small specialty mags like Soap Opera Digest, and women's magazines, like Better Homes & Gardens, Cosmopolitan, People, and then cooking magazines.  I normally don't read there, except the information on the covers. 

Interestingly, there are no magazines in the Self Check Out area.  It's much more dull to wait in line there.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2712 on: December 20, 2018, 05:28:17 AM »
It's worse than that. She has one where she tells you how to comport yourself in life. It's popular in the flyover states.

That's a hell of a list you got there little c. I was telling mom Geena Davis almost qualified for the Olympic archery team in 2000, and she mentioned long kiss goodnight and how it's one of her favorite movies.

Sometimes mom is cool.

I went and read the Wikipedia of Mizz Garner. First, she isn't Jimmy Garner's, so it isn't like he used up the cool supply before she was born, it's just a coincidental name match.

Next, dang are her reviews brutal. I think the highest praise she's had is that she is adequate.

I thought it was crazy that Last Boy Scout didn't lead to another Bruce Willis franchise, but then I read about what a pain Damon is. DANG is he ever.

Like he has a TV show right now, Lethal weapon. And he made them kill off the Mel Gibson character. Like dang.

So they replaced that guy with stiffler.

And damon quit.

The batshit insane GOTHAM got cancelled so the abysmal Lethal Weapon series could go on, and egghead decides he's done with it. But you know executives, GOTHAM isn't going to get a reprieve.

They had a crime depot. I poo you not. Explosives had its own aisle! And they canceled it for MOAR DAMON.

Part of why Hallie dies in LBS is that he was a grabby poo whenever she was on screen with him. I'd ask for a write off if I found a coworkers hand on my crotch too.

So Damon sucks.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #2713 on: December 22, 2018, 12:25:53 AM »
Hunter Killer 2018  :P :P what a load of twallop

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2714 on: December 22, 2018, 01:31:54 AM »
Yes, but could you elaborate?

From the rust on the hatch in the trailer, I figured they rented the old subs from Disneyland. Actually, I was a little pissed that ride was gone the last time I was in Anaheim. It was absolute garbage, but it was CHARMING absolute garbage. Cement mermaids missing arms type stuff.

Reminded me of the Hershey Park animatronic where the arm was chopped off the robot, but still attached to the automated switch, so it went up and down in a morbid display as the bot twitched the stump up and down.

I really did get to see these theme parks (Univ Hollywood) (DisLand) (Hershey Park) at their best. I hear they've all gone to poo.