Author Topic: Latest Movie You Watched  (Read 416742 times)

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
Re: Latest Movie You Watched
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2009, 10:36:56 AM »
Good to know. I would never have considered watching it. Now I'll see it when I can. Thanks.

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2009, 10:39:32 AM »
Further FYI XTop. Its is first and foremost a horror movie.  :D I do not know what you enjoy watching in the movie category so.....My prediction is it will definately be a cult classic for teens.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2009, 01:18:26 PM »
transformers the fallen on blue ray,
enjoyed a lot

Offline Robin-Graves

• Rev AJ's Grand Inquisitor
  • Homo Superior
  • Power doesnt give you the right
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2009, 06:24:33 PM »
Further FYI XTop. Its is first and foremost a horror movie.  :D I do not know what you enjoy watching in the movie category so.....My prediction is it will definately be a cult classic for teens.

Saw it with Tracy,, we laughed at some of the scenes,, it was a hoot!
 I got to get it for the collection,,if I can keep my jerk of a sister from ripping it off.
I keep my standards low.
That way im never disapointed.

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2009, 06:49:24 PM »

I have eclectic tastes in movies.  ;D  I always find the good side. If the plot isn't good I praise the soundtrack or some actor performance.  ::)
It depends on my mood. Generally I favor thrillers. Lately gangsters movies (British, Italian, American) are my favorites.

...if I can keep my jerk of a sister from ripping it off.

For what I hear lately, your sister tries to rule your family's tastes in entertainment.  :D
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 06:52:09 PM by xtopave »

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2009, 08:11:39 PM »
Yeah,, her way or the highway.
If it isnt some fantasy family movie from disney or NCIS it sucks.
Wish she would remember that when goes to steal things.
 For a 39 year old she acts 4.
 As for eclectic tastes,, Im about like you.
I like alot of horror though,, even got Trailer Park Terror and liked it for its quirkyness.( is that even a word?)
 Ive bought movies just because the soundtrack moved me.
 Me and my son watched Heavy Metal and Heavy Metal 2000 the other night. I bought the original just for the soundtrack really.
 The story and the hidden elements in 2000 were what sold me on it.
To me they were both works of art in their own ways.
 I go through phases ( sp) though,, sometimes ill go to the shop and look exclusively for a nice foriegn or older film.
 I got Young Frankenstien just to honor the memory of Marty Feldman ( laughed myself insane too).
 At the moment im going through a thriller phase and just recently got Angels and Demons.
I watched it back to back with The Manchurian Candidate.
 In a wierd way they were ,,well, complementary to each other.
I keep my standards low.

Offline subvinorosa

• Human
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2009, 08:46:54 PM »
I've seen Magnifico before but watched it again with mesk.  And I hate that movie.  I always end up crying.

And if you guys wanna hear what I would sorta sound like in real life, try Yanggaw.  It's in my dialect.  Mesk laughed his ass off at the accent.

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2009, 12:31:07 AM »
In beteen practice quizzes I have been watching movies to clear my head.
#1 - SAW 6.  Do I really need to say anything? Utter poo but I do love some gore to take my mind off of things. 3/10

#2 - 500 days of summer.  I dont do tear jerker movies per-say but this was really cute. Wouldnt watch it again for the above reasons but Im glad I saw it. And watching Joesph Gordan-Levitt with a bit of a buzz on is always nice. 6/10

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2009, 08:35:41 AM »
In beteen practice quizzes I have been watching movies to clear my head.
#1 - SAW 6.  Do I really need to say anything? Utter poo but I do love some gore to take my mind off of things. 3/10

#2 - 500 days of summer.  I dont do tear jerker movies per-say but this was really cute. Wouldnt watch it again for the above reasons but Im glad I saw it. And watching Joesph Gordan-Levitt with a bit of a buzz on is always nice. 6/10

GASP!!!!!

I liked Saw 6,,, but im a fan of the series though.
Im also the guy that hates alot of movies others think are great. ( I HATED Tittanic,, thought it was better to have an open wound than to sit through that crappy movie again).
 Maybe im a little off in the head?
I keep my standards low.

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2009, 09:30:22 AM »
I have to admit the thought of playing "the game" with a bunch of insurance ass holes was a good storyline idea for Saw 6, and I did some cheering, but I jut cant get behind the films anymore.  :D 

And Im behind you 100% on the Titanic verdict RG. I didnt think it was a bad movie I was just bored out of my mind!! Although if you follow the movie thread, there are 2 members that feel the exact opposite from us. Oh another case of good vs evil.....but which is which?!?!?!?!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 09:36:55 AM by ohcheap1 »

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2009, 09:43:28 AM »
It's always a matter of taste. I know people that would rather slam a finger (or other part of the anatomy) with a door than watching a sci fi movie. And Titanic was inflated because of the fortune it cost.

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2009, 10:09:52 AM »
It's always a matter of taste.

You are 100% correct here Xtop, you just forgot that I like to insult the taste of some of our board members. It's just fun for me!  :D  :P  :-*

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2009, 05:52:46 PM »
I like "hard Sci FI" based on reality and physics and thingies with alloys and compositions and stuff ( Trubute to Ash in Army Of Darkness lol).
But this crap based purely on fantasy is ,,kinda hard to bear. ( I was a Physics major in college for a while).
 The best scene in Tittanic for me was the ending credits,, Im not into " Chick Flix".
 Another waste of my time was Twilight and the new one ( I refuse to watch) Full Moon.
 Id rather shove a pencil in my ear all the way to the eraser than watch them. Id rather vivisect myself with a dull salad spoon even.
The pain would be less,, Opra calls that empowerment.lol
I keep my standards low.

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2009, 11:05:51 PM »
Do you know how hard it is to type when your heart is reaching up your throat and cutting your wind off?  Watched "Precious" tonight. Oscar your major contender has arrived. HOLY poo!!! Unfreakin believable movie. I feel honored that I was given the chance to see it. How bizarre is that?  9/10 for me. Everyone needs to see this movie.

Offline feelingindifferent

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2009, 02:53:46 AM »
Finished Up 5 minutes ago. I was crying before I was even fifteen minutes in :-\ totally awesome nonetheless. Pixar does it again :)