Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 513923 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #3255 on: August 19, 2018, 10:09:40 PM »
9 pm here, so like 34 am east coast.

where in bb you at?

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3256 on: August 20, 2018, 01:08:14 AM »
back from  Los Angeles.
the temp on the way back at a pitstop north of the city (100 mi north) was 105 fahrenheit.  It's 59 now, here.

A grueling visit, lots of hard physical labor disposing of a relative's belongings in the intense heat.  Now I'm having a campari and soda.

Bea, it's great to see you back on here.  I love breaking bad.  It's really good.
Alfonz, I'm sorry to hear about your mother.  I hope they can find a treatable diagnosis.  It's worrying to have to deal with these issues.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #3257 on: August 20, 2018, 05:49:14 PM »
Ha. You are good, 8ully. 

Thanks you Six, I appologize for being distant, life catches up.  Sometimes i log on and don't know what to say.  I really wish I could speak to you and 8ully as I do my everyday friends I see.  I'm really close nit with the people i love.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3258 on: September 30, 2018, 01:01:19 AM »
The new Gmail loading screen was driving me up the wall so I set it to basic HTML. I kinda dig it. It looks like poo, but loads fast. Which is what I want out of webmail.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3259 on: October 02, 2018, 02:56:01 AM »
I went into the settings to see if I could replicate what you did, but there was no html only option.  Did you do this via the browser?

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3260 on: October 02, 2018, 08:39:41 AM »
 ::) use bluemail, great app.

ATM trying to calm down after a truly heated debate with senior bosses at work.They seem to think they are doing us a favour making redundancies so greater flexibility with no more incentives is a great deal for the remaining workforce. ???

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3261 on: October 02, 2018, 11:08:42 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion.  I mostly access email from home on my desktop.  Maybe 8ully was talking about gmail on the app.  I was unable to make any adjustments on the desktop to it.   

My iPhone 6 battery isn't holding a charge much.  I have a genius bar (ha ha) appointment on Thursday to see about swapping it out.  Hopefully they won't charge me through the nose for it.  I thought it might be free or cheap, but I can't remember. There was some announcment a while back about the new iOs deliberately slowing the 6 and fussing about the battery, but my mind is a swamp these days.  Too much to keep track of.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3262 on: October 02, 2018, 02:19:22 PM »
Google rolls out "features" in a non clear manner, they do their A/B testing without those pesky ethics. You of course, agreed to this in the EULA.

The latest update is to the main desktop gmail experience. While it is on it's pointless loading screen, you can click view basic html (slow connections) and it will make gmail very ugly, but very fast.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to hard reset chrome on android, all the instructions I am finding, including directly from the help menu IN chrome android refer to the desktop solution.

Mom installed a sweepstakes app. yeah. And my roommate had an unsolicited attempt from gotomypc which he says he never installed.

Holy crap this week is not fun. And it's only Tuesday.

There was a free or discounted iphone battery replacement program, but they said it won't be continued much longer. I don't have an iPhone, so I don't have those dates handy.

Of course, they were shamed into this. Eh, at least it has precident, I had to swap the battery on my G4 Pbook. I really miss that thing. It still works, but the internet hates it, so it is a paperweight.

As to bosses, I am very sorry you're going through with that goldshirt. I watched a CVS employee get yelled at by a manager for working the register instead of stocking shelves. He was the only register open.

It seems do more with less has become do more with nothing. And like it! damn millenials!

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3263 on: October 03, 2018, 03:15:43 AM »
About $25 if you get it done before Christmas.
Thanks.  I thought I'd hightail it to the Genius Bar after my next door neighbor informed me that they had decided that swapping the battery was too much work, so they gave him an iphone 7 instead.  That sounded promising, so I figured, at worst, I'd get a new battery, at best, a new phone.

goldie, your bosses sound like a collective bunch of dicks.  I had a job at a library where they decided not to bother hiring replacements for 2 full time people in my dept but to make all of us do the extra work.  Morale dropped to a new low and it was awful to see the change in attitudes as people began resenting one another, making snarky comments behind one another's backs.  I soon got sick of the place and moved on.  Went back to school instead of that, but I was much younger.  I'm sure that, for you, it's not an option, but a major problem.  Still, if changing companies is a possibility, I'd be looking into it as soon as it became feasible.

8ully, I did see the option to change gmail in the lower right hand side of the screen and swapped -- it is quicker, although the lines are smaller and closer together.  It reminds me of the older gmail.  God only knows why they opted for the bloated new loading screen.  How many moments of our lives will we waste watching that fat envelope fill in the screen?

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3264 on: October 03, 2018, 02:11:01 PM »
Exactly! And the reason it looks old is because it is, that's good old HTML, without any bloat.

I miss the HTML internet. JavaScript is a bag of dicks. And no one wants a bag of dicks.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3265 on: October 04, 2018, 11:22:19 PM »
A choir of castrati might have some use for them.

I think that if they're going to name a script after coffee, it should at least keep you awake, or failing that, amused.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #3266 on: October 12, 2018, 05:23:36 PM »
Still don't know what to say, so that pretty much also sums up my usages of gmail, and other internet options where I would miss a certain platform.  And to be blunt, my personal intelligence level has a far shorter span than the lot of yous.  Soon though, I'll have two p.c.'s to play with. Storage and such.  It'll take me a few months yet for internet, maybe two but I doubt another holiday season will see a better income, or increase in possible savings.
Despite having limited options i have devised a way to use gmail when is necessary and avoid this phone until i get a computer back, reasonably, I do still youtube and pintrest to death and post to friends, social media is kindly if you venture slowly, and I could care less for stigmas, thanks to good friends, again;) life is a therapy, I'm sure.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 05:25:25 PM by Beatrix »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3267 on: October 14, 2018, 04:51:41 AM »
Some companies have internet services for low income individuals for as low as 5 or 10 bucks a month.  Here's a link.  https://lowincomerelief.com/how-to-get-free-internet-almost/

I'm drinking warm peppermint tea during a regular middle of the night waking.  Go to sleep at 12, wake up at 3.  Oh joy supreme.  What's annoying is that I'm pretty much too tired to get anything productive done.  Just sort of sitting here like a zombie until I can go back to sleep.  So, hello.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #3268 on: October 19, 2018, 04:12:09 PM »
I'm looking forward to my tea and an episode of Penny Dreadful.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3269 on: October 19, 2018, 04:25:19 PM »
I really liked Penny Dreadful.

I'm making fig/orange marmalade.  The house smells great.