Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 504563 times)

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #3435 on: June 19, 2019, 05:26:21 PM »
Most of my closets require a pith helmet and a machete just to get near the door.  I've been slowly working on trying to get some of the more accessible items thinned out.  I keep going to the charity shops and making donations but I suspect the contents have figured out a way to reproduce when I'm not looking.

I took a nap and am baking muffins.  Fussy recipe.  It's like sour cream coffee cake in individual muffins so I have to layer each one and add streusel, then add more of this thick batter on top without making a complete mess.  Not so easy.  The proof will be in the pudding.  But the ingredients are good so I have some hope that it will be good.  I doubt I'll make this again as it's too messy.  I think a regular coffee cake would have been less trouble.

We're eating salad for dinner so I won't feel so guilty to sample one.  Guess I'll go wash greens while I wait for the muffins to bake.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3436 on: June 20, 2019, 12:36:44 AM »
Already got rid of all MY hawaiian shirts.  8)

NOooooooo so in demand and trendy in the UK atm. Quirky is good

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #3437 on: June 20, 2019, 07:33:02 AM »
Well, I made it. (to Harrisburg). Was easier than I had hoped.  :)  Goodnight.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3438 on: June 20, 2019, 10:32:35 AM »
If you had time to hang out for a few hours in Harrisburg, there are some sweet little shops and restaurants not far from the Capitol.  Midtown Scholar Bookstore/Cafe, and there's an interesting little market (like old time marketplace with stalls) Broad Street Market 1233 N 3rd St.  Harrisburg is laid out on a grid so it's fairly easy to navigate.  Nice places to stroll by the river.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3439 on: June 20, 2019, 01:50:07 PM »
Roast Beef Sandwiches. If you walk into the place and it doesn't smell like blood, walk out.

My aunt lives in Harrisburg, but she's off on an RV adventure across the east coast right now. You may have passed her on the road :)

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #3440 on: June 20, 2019, 03:57:34 PM »
Sometimes I think it would be way cool to cruise the country  in an RV. Just not sure. One thing it for sure, you can spend a poo ton on an RV. Would have to get a used one. I bet they depreciate horribly.
Ok, better get ready to head home. So, that's what I do now; to and from Harrisburg 3 times a week. More mileage than the KC bid I had for years. If this bid wears me out, I can just hop off in 3 months onto something else since this bid cycle is halfway over. For now, "chaching!".

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3441 on: June 20, 2019, 06:10:27 PM »
And the freshest roast beef sandwiches a man can buy. Shame the radio stations suck.

Mom's been on a goodwill kick. Yesterday I saw they had a copy of Medieval II with the first disk missing. I took it to the desk, explained the problem, and expected it to be shitcanned.

Then I went home and thought about it. bottom roommate #7 walked off with my copy, but I thought I had one of the disks, so I went digging. sure as poo, it was that disk.

And of course, the lazy employee put it back on the shelf instead of poo canning it. $5 wasn't too bad a price, it's running $20 on amazon.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 06:13:44 PM by 8ullfrog »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3442 on: June 20, 2019, 07:45:29 PM »
I was based in Harrisburg one summer about 15 years ago and it was entertaining to explore the city.  It's kind of depressed, economically, but there were some decent restaurants because the people who worked at the state capitol often wanted somewhere decent to go after work.  There are some sweet little historic houses there.  I went to the Broad St. market for good coffee and there were also Amish stalls with meats and other farm produce if you wanted to get some salads or a sandwich.

The Midtown Bookstore Cafe is a block or so away.  There were plenty of bars & restaurants in the main downtown area, to the west and north of the Capitol complex.  I remember having some very good fried calimari at one of the local pubs there.  I have a real nostalgic affection for the place.  It was a short term job but very interesting and I met some nice people in the process.  I don't know if you get to stay there, but I expect that if you are driving an 18 wheeler, it may not be very practical to get around there.  I do remember there was an island where you could park and walk back downtown.  There was a gorgeous metal truss bridge that had been partially wiped out by a big flood and the half that remained went to the island where they have baseball games as well as parking.

It's a curious place.  I remember one day seeing a Baltimore Oriole in a tree on that island.  It was beautiful.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #3443 on: July 02, 2019, 05:38:14 PM »
Well, I just sent Eckridge a nasty email. lol Nearly every time I want to buy some 'Thick Cut Eckridge Bologna', they are out. Most of this time they are also out of stock in the back. This has been going on for over 6 months. Very annoying. So, today, they were out of course, I asked the meat manager and he said they were out. I told him my experience and annoyance. He said, "I'm sorry, there's nothing we can do". WOW! Ok dude, we'll see about that you lazy golly.  >:(

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3444 on: July 02, 2019, 05:49:49 PM »
He really is a lazy golly, he could have at least told you what day they get shipments.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #3445 on: July 02, 2019, 05:59:05 PM »
Well, from now on, I will take a snapshot every time they are out and send it to Eckridge. lol I don't like being a richard, but, this really has been going on for months. Unreal. I will let you know how this progresses. They bent with the wrong guy. "I WANT SOME BUTTS!" lol

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3446 on: July 02, 2019, 06:38:53 PM »
It's the manager. He's obsessed with spoilage shrink. He's decided how much sells, which actually fluctuates. People want certain foods during certain parts of the year. When it's hot out, a cold sandwich is a gift from heaven.

Try and get the store manager, you've already tried the meat department. Store managers aren't the warmest, but they do put boot to ass.

I remember back when Pepsi and Coke decided 24 packs were a thing of the past, and 20 packs were the wave of the future. Truck shows up loaded with 20 packs. Store manager refuses delivery.

Coke guy says this is what "people" want. Store manager relays that customers have told him to "go golly himself" for not having 24 packs, and he's done eating poo to make vendor happy.

And that's why Grocery Outlets have 20 packs.

Other customer screaming products - When Ice cream was shrunk, people screamed at everyone. Because we all scream for ice cream, and the grocery shrink ray is bless'ed cowpoo.

Uncrustables. If you buy uncrustables for your kids, you're an bottom, and so are your kids. Ever have a mom AND a kid shriek at you? I have.

Turned out, we didn't even carry them. madam thought she was at VONS. Shortly after, we started carrying them. I wish we hadn't.

I don't know if your store does order pickup, that's a bit after my time, but if they do, slap it on your order, then they have to ship it in.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #3447 on: July 03, 2019, 12:43:25 PM »
6 lbs. ground beef. (Ground Chuck 80/20)
hamburger buns.
2 large (party size) bags Lays Potato Chips.
cheese slices.
large tub cheese balls.
large watermelon.
tomatoes.
fireworks.
bag of Tootsie Pops.

Ok, that's all I'm bringing.  ;D

Sam's Club was packed.  >:(

RIP Arte Johnson
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 03:25:59 PM by Schmoogsley »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3448 on: July 16, 2019, 03:18:38 PM »
Rotated mom's room 90 degrees. If she gets rid of a table or two, she'll be able to do wii fit.

Her yoga instructor keeps cancelling, so I think it would be helpful.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3449 on: July 27, 2019, 03:17:50 PM »
Making black currant jam.  Lots of work for very little jam.  They're fussy little suckers.  You have to destem them from 2 ends and they have seeds.  Oh well.