Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 506755 times)

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #1965 on: May 15, 2013, 07:00:18 AM »
My daughter has vomiting problems and always has had.  They think it is constipation related and recently put her on some stool softener which seems to have helped a bit.  That said, every now then she just has these episodes of vomiting without any other discernible symptoms, and while she makes it to the loo 85% of the time, sometimes it is is just impossible for her. The other 15% never a problem and would never be even if that statistic were reversed, in fact, it is nice to be reminded of the dependency your children for you as it is only too fleeting.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #1966 on: May 15, 2013, 09:04:46 AM »

Cruel?  Yes.

Somebody who is so ill as to not be able to deal with their bodily misfunctions is hardly the person to be punishing for that failure.  Should I have bitched at my dying mother for not cleaning up after herself?  Following this logic, that should have been the case.  Worthy?  Hardly.  My mother was not a nice person, but she at least never punished me for being ill with the flu.  Her terminal illness was not pretty but I was glad, at least, to be able to clean up after her.  Why?  Because caring for the sick is a worthy thing to do.  It's hard to fathom how this kind of cruel punishment imposed on a sick child taught compassion or self-reliance for that matter.

Poor mishca.

I didn't think of it as punishment but i guess no one wants to clean up after someone else's throw up. She wasn't cruel just bitchy from all the stress I guess for being a single mom and probably being unhappy , but that's just my guess.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1967 on: May 15, 2013, 11:06:24 AM »
I can imagine it might have gotten to her on occasion.  My mother's death can best be described as a festival of bodily fluids.  Pelvic cancer did her in and I marveled that I didn't faint or vomit myself in the process of caring for her.  It was not a pretty thing to deal with and the attendant smells were pretty challenging.

The hospice nurses who came to help (she died at home) on occasion amazed me in their ability to just tune out the offensive odors and to extend such compassion on a regular basis.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #1968 on: May 15, 2013, 11:58:19 AM »
wow. I think its honorable and amazing that you took care of your mother through what was a emotional, physically draining experience. my sibling has told my mother that when she gets old and sick that they will not take care of her and they will put her in a home.  Which amazes me because she has always supported even though my sibling was a complete bottom as a teenager and still is as an adult.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #1969 on: May 15, 2013, 12:28:46 PM »
I think my daughter just has a 24 hr bug, she seems a little better now.
Both of my children hardly ever are sick ( think they have my wife's genes)
Missing sats exams is a problem, Thank the school she is allowed to go in tomorrow and do the exam she missed today and do tomorrows exams at the same time (she is not allowed to contact anyone though) , phew thank you school.
Have no problem cleaning up sick at all, have cleaned up a few children's friends sick up and never bother me.
I do draw the line at my wife's self induced drinking episodes though, although these are few and far between now. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Have left her on the bathroom floor a couple of times.Then again she has left me on the same floor as well  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
« Reply #1970 on: May 15, 2013, 12:53:29 PM »
Cruel?  Yes.

Somebody who is so ill as to not be able to deal with their bodily misfunctions is hardly the person to be punishing for that failure. 

Very well said!

Me? I don't have a problem with bodily fluids and such. Although I've found (in my former line of work) that expectorated stuffs are the worst, at least for me. I know, too much information.  :D

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #1971 on: May 15, 2013, 01:07:55 PM »

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
« Reply #1972 on: May 15, 2013, 04:01:53 PM »
reading and having a laugh
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-22542222

I wonder how many lightsabers have been confiscated by the police.   :D

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1973 on: May 15, 2013, 11:58:57 PM »

Offline Autumn

• Account on hold
  • Cro-Magnon
  • No regrets
« Reply #1974 on: May 17, 2013, 08:27:46 AM »
Trying to fall back asleep

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1975 on: May 17, 2013, 08:28:39 AM »
It's parakeet room service time.  My bird is ringing bells for a fresh change of food, so I'll attend to it.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #1976 on: May 17, 2013, 12:24:30 PM »
Fighting with my internet connection that's dropping out every few minutes!
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline Autumn

• Account on hold
  • Cro-Magnon
  • No regrets
« Reply #1977 on: May 18, 2013, 01:16:51 AM »
rooting for smokester in his fight!

also chatting in irc and getting sleepier

Offline megamarkd

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #1978 on: May 18, 2013, 09:22:02 PM »
Anywhere nice? I suppose it must be unless you're with Médecins Sans Frontières.

I went to Brisbane for work and it was a nightmare trip that took over 12hrs due to one idiot I don't work with any more.

Back there tonight to pull down the show we built (Truck, Trailer and Tractor Show).

Fighting with my internet connection that's dropping out every few minutes!

I find computing a lot like my work; everything should work as described but never does and it is really rewarding to force it to do what it is supposed to do.  But unlike IT work, my current job pays me on-time and doesn't tell me I broke it harder than it already was by just cleaning it.

Offline SACPOP

• Human
« Reply #1979 on: May 18, 2013, 10:07:59 PM »
Converting all my old passwords to KeePass generated ones.
Hoping I didn't miss some important step and in 3 months find out I cannot access any of my sites because of something I overlooked.