Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 507213 times)

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #3270 on: October 19, 2018, 11:51:06 PM »
I'm making fig/orange marmalade.  The house smells great.

had on holiday a fig wrapped in bacon baked / fried  OMG it was divine. must find recipe

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3271 on: October 31, 2018, 06:17:22 PM »
Waiting to entice young children to take away as much candy as they can carry.  I hear their happy little voices outside.  I hope there are some good costumes this year.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3272 on: November 01, 2018, 08:16:43 AM »
No one came to us this Halloween. Very hit and miss over here

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #3273 on: November 01, 2018, 03:04:35 PM »
No one came to us this Halloween. Very hit and miss over here

This year I saw that folk had trick or treat signs on their doors and our bell never rang once. Considering I live in the thick of it and had no random callers, I think it's changed now to invitation only.

Very sensible if that's the case.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3274 on: November 01, 2018, 06:36:08 PM »
Neighbors decided to use their driveway as a party venue. full stack speakers, drunken espanol caraoke, and more oompa oompa than an oompa Loompa. You haven't truly learned to hate achy breaky heart until you've heard it en espanol with oompa oompa added for additional bile inducement.

I hate that music so very much.

It's not the first time they've done this, there was a birthday party two weeks ago where they did the same thing. I don't want to be that racist who calls the police on neighbors being "ethnic".

Not to mention, the driveway is a postage stamp.

I didn't get any trick or treaters, and I had the flu, so no candy for me.

I did have some broth though. Partied hard on halloween, when I really would have preferred to sleep.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3275 on: November 02, 2018, 04:54:39 AM »
ATM I am being bombarded by Apple updates on pc and pad and families phones  :(
just when backing up photos to drive  :-\

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3276 on: November 02, 2018, 09:58:10 AM »
drinking tea and looking at accounting problems

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3277 on: November 02, 2018, 11:41:01 PM »
accounting problems

never ends, my children have now grown up, I did think I would be richer  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Freemake updated and I lost the use of adding subtitles to films, looking for a code  :(

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3278 on: November 03, 2018, 09:27:55 PM »
Neighbors escalated. Punched my mom's window out. They were screaming at her, she was screaming at them. I had a look at the crazy madam, her eyes were like that old howard stern poster. Essentially not someone who can be reasoned with, so I shut the window, and she punched it out.

Most laid back interaction I've ever had with the police though. Met a nice neighbor who backed up the fact that I did not escalate and simply closed the window.

Also shared that CB threatened to have her boyfriend kill my mom, which I missed.

I don't know if there will be anything done about this, but I worry about getting evicted fairly constantly, since they could just raise the rent two hundred and fill the place the next day.

Really wish I could afford to move. We're not even on the ground floor! I mean my room is, but mom isn't.

it's like this

Stairs

second level  --- APT           Hill
                                         Hill
                                         Hill CB PARKING
                              Me End Hill
-------------------------- ---- ---- ---
    AHOLES     Postage driveway
      PA SYSTEM Postage driveway
APARTMENTS APARTMENTS
APARTMENTS APARTMENTS
APARTMENTS APARTMENTS
LOT OF APARTMENTS                                             

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3279 on: November 03, 2018, 09:52:25 PM »
That sounds terrible.  Maybe you can take out a restraining order on the violent neighbor.  Real estate in CA is horribly expensive.  We managed through extraordinary good luck to buy our apt with other tenants in the building in a good neighborhood at a reasonable price, cheaper than renting in the same area.   Prices just keep rising since tech people are moving here with young families as San Francisco is outrageous and Silicon Valley even more egregious.  I expect there are parallel pressures where you are.

It's a shame that people are so inconsiderate of others living in close proximity.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3280 on: November 03, 2018, 10:19:51 PM »
She doesn't live here. I think her mom lives in the house of assholes?

Her boyfriend deals under my mom's window, out of his truck, and when he plays the OOMPA OOMPA music she yells shut the golly up. Usually he scurries off like a cockroach, but always comes back. He turns in super wide and super fast, I would laugh if he hit the building.

My guess is amphetamines, from the way her eyes were bugged the golly out, and that she damn near spidermanned up the wall, but I don't want to throw out accusations like that to a cop, so I just said "crazy".

One thing about the gentrification that bugs me is the nike hat white athletic clothes women either madam about the area, or that other people like them are also moving there. Like they don't see that the problem wasn't LA, the evil was in their heart the whole time.

It's weird, I have a lot of Mexican neighbors, and they might as well be ghosts considering how often I see them. We might nod at each other when getting the mail, but I couldn't even tell you which apartment they live in.

Not bottom house though, it's like sealab 2021.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3281 on: November 05, 2018, 09:36:24 PM »
Ha.  I don't have cable tv so I miss out on these gems.

I'll have to look into SeaLab 2021, as it sounds demented.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3282 on: November 06, 2018, 11:30:42 AM »
They took animation from a 1972 Hanna-Barbera cartoon and cut it together with crazy. These are the people who bring you Archer.

Radio Free Sealab was the pilot, so it shouldn't be too hard to track down. The show lost focus when the voice actor Harry Goz died. They tried to keep going, but it wasn't at the same level ever again.

There is an episode where Captain Murphy is trapped under a vending machine, his only companion a scorpion with hallucinogenic venom, and a robot Roomba. The Roomba does not help, and merely collects Captain Murphy's teeth when cans are launched at his face from the vending machine.

Flavors include Mingus Dew and Bebop Cola. Sometimes Archer has some CRAZY references, and Sealab doesn't skip leg day.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6gp4bw   RADIO FREE SEALAB.

It's mirrored, so a few jokes might not register, and the ads on dailymotion are HORRIBLE.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 11:47:45 AM by 8ullfrog »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3283 on: November 06, 2018, 08:03:09 PM »
It sort of reminds me of the early Woody Allen film, "What's up tiger lily?," in which he dubs new dialogue over a Japanese spy film.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3284 on: November 06, 2018, 08:04:26 PM »
But unlike Woody Allen, Sealab is funny.