Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 506998 times)

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #3345 on: March 17, 2019, 12:28:43 AM »
waking up

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3346 on: March 17, 2019, 09:07:00 PM »
Snagged a bunch of DVD's behind the goodwill. Civil war, Thor Ragnarok, a bunch of other ones.

When I was done an old lady came up with a cart and yelled at me in Spanish. I don't speak Spanish, but I'm guessing she wanted all of them. Tough poo lady.

They were discards from the library. No clue why Ragnarok was already dumped.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #3347 on: March 17, 2019, 09:19:29 PM »
In bed.  Goodnight y'all.
I hope your backs, and eyes, and systems checks are all a go in the morning. 
I have a long week of planning coming.  Spring break right?  Not for me man, not for me.  Along cleaning. Appointments, work day change ups and separated parents collaborates.
I've decided to stay at the liquor store, as well as working the wedding venue.  Gonna do a little work at riverbend this summer.  "Gotchur beer right here! " Happy Saint Patrick's day. 🍀
I've also been playing more guitar.
Amen 8ully, I'm kinda salty at the recycling center in town myself.  Some person picks up the clothes I have set aside for my 12 year old daughter. I tell her they are mine, and get funny looks.  I would have done the same.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3348 on: March 18, 2019, 12:09:09 AM »
Hah, the whole time I had my "pull" pile, I was expecting some politician to walk off with it, but I was lucky. By the time old hag showed up, I was done.

Well I thought, had to go back for one of the disks of blacklist season 1. By all regards, it's a horrible show, but James Spader is a national treasure.

I knew that Shatner freaked out in one episode of Boston legal when he thought someone said Klingon, but Spader kicked the 4th wall in the nuts.

An actress had quit the show for a "movie career" that didn't happen, so she went back. Her character says she hasn't seen Shore in a while, to which he replied. "Yes, not for a season, funny how that works". In another, Shatner says he can't wait until next week, and he hasn't seen Shore that episode.

If you get a chance to watch the "Ultron replaced with Robert California" video, do so. It's a trip.

I walked away with a tall stack, but perhaps you should roll up with a duffel bag?

I think every liquor store should throw snakes at it's customers on St Pats. It's more legit than Green Beer.

3/21
I tried to complain about the price of Mozerella sticks on facebook. Facebook then posted it as a sale ad of me selling "Sticks". I then had to navigate the Facebook sales market to remove the post.

Specifically, the bag of mozerella sticks got shrink-rayed, AND they increased the price. to $7.99.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 07:05:08 PM by 8ullfrog »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3349 on: March 22, 2019, 09:18:16 AM »
I was wondering if the rate of entropy was enhanced in my cup of tea, which seems to require reheating every 30 seconds.  Then I wondered if this was what was implied in the Second Law of Thermodynamics so I went to Wikipedia to look it up and realized I was too tired to figure it out right now.

So I need more caffeine.  Got to go reheat my tea again.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3350 on: March 23, 2019, 12:35:44 AM »
You need the infinite improbability drive.

wow

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3351 on: March 23, 2019, 01:24:10 AM »
While making my dinner, a meatball sub, I went to take it out of the toaster oven, and it managed to invert itself.

Didn't even have the room to feckin' do that, but it did, and so I had to scrub it out.

Take a damn' break entropy, call it 30 years, and just golly off!

I had to stand and wait for a bus in the rain for about an hour and a half yesterday, when the bus was supposed to run every 15 minutes.

I was too tired to argue about it, but the driver whined at each stop that it wasn't his fault. I didn't give a golly, I just wanted home. I also hated how a bunch of shitbirds tried to crowd me about 2 minutes before the bus showed, when I'd been stood there for so bless'ed long. I almost backhanded a 6-8 year old. He was being a condescending little golly to his mexican nanny, and I just wanted him to walk into traffic.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3352 on: March 23, 2019, 02:02:24 AM »
You need the infinite improbability drive.

I had to look that up.  Never read that book.  Sigh.  The video is very funny.

8ully, I'm so tired of all the rain and the endless pumping of my basement.  Sorry about your sub.  Your experience of waiting for the bus reminds me of what it was like in Athens.  Healthy grown men shoving little old ladies out of the way to get on the bus first.  Jesus wept.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #3353 on: March 24, 2019, 12:12:01 PM »
I'm at work at the liquor store, watching western television on grit.
We the moment, it's "heaven with a gun"
Salright, I like bonanza, gunsmoke, and rifleman.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3354 on: March 24, 2019, 04:45:21 PM »
Is gunsmoke the one with Marshal dillon? I watched one of those, he went down to Mexico after a fugitive, got mad at the Mexican border patrol dude who accompanied him, and punched a soldier in the face, starting a brawl.

So they thew him in a dungeon, and it just ended there. Next day was a doctor appointment, so to me, he died in that dungeon. Can't track down a spoiler because there's about the 600 episodes.

6, I mistakenly read hitchhikers as a series, and it was a slow ramp down for me. Just read the first one.

I'd only read dead serious Sci-fi up to that point, so the Penguins blew my mind.

Looked up the Gunsmoke thing, it's "extradition" pts 1 and 2.  He bribes his way out.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 09:32:40 PM by 8ullfrog »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3355 on: March 24, 2019, 11:48:04 PM »
A very long time ago, I lived in the midwest and had an old B&W TV that only got one channel.  At about 11 every night, Gunsmoke came on, so I watched it.  Dillon, Festus (the loveably goofy sidekick) and Miss Kitty, the barmaid/hooker with a heart of gold who is maybe the sheriff's love interest?  We used to speculate on these things.  It was a slow show with some kind of moral crisis that was always resolved in the half hour or so that it ran.  It was filled with unbeautiful dusty odd characters that had sort of blown into town and ended up there.

Maverick was so stylish by comparison.  I used to run around singing the theme tune to that show, it was so catchy.

If I ever get to read anything fun again, I'll think about the Hitchhikers Guide.  I'm taking too many classes right now and realize slowly that I'm a mathematical moron.  I'm like the Doña Quixote of math.  Won't give up, keep tilting at windmills on the off chance that I might eventually master something.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3356 on: March 24, 2019, 11:54:59 PM »
Alright, so what you're telling me here is that you NEED the Hitchhikers guide.

I have some brain damage, 3 month early baby. Math has always been a bit like a lit fireplace poker right between the eyes.

So the central premise of Hitchikers was a balm on my soul. I think that's part of why I don't like the followup books, it hits deep.

Can't pass the GED, can't pass the CHSEE. Mine was the first year where the state said "Tough poo".

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3357 on: March 25, 2019, 02:03:46 AM »
That annoys me, that you were not given a chance to repeat a failed exam that has such potential to boost your earning power.  How idiotic.  Incidentally, did you have anyone certify that you have learning disabilities that should have given you special accommodations while you took the two exams?  If not, then there was a problem with your original testing conditions that should allow you to have a second bite at the apple.  What happened to you sounds, on its face, that it wasn't just unfair, but they may have violated federal laws (ADA compliance).

I'm taking advanced accounting courses and I'm actually doing well in my classes, but given how frustrating the last chapter's exercises were, I feel enormously stupid.  My other academic work has been in history, so I'm fine with reading texts.  Analyzing a set of values and determining which formulae to apply to describe and/or predict what is required is another skill entirely.  My friends with doctorates in mathematics are not nearby so I can't ask for help.  I hope that if I go to office hours (a 2 hour round trip commute) the professor can help me with this difficult section.  What frustrates me particularly is the tendency of the textbook to tell you to just use a spreadsheet instead of offering you a step by step approach that lays it out algebraically so you can visualize the operations.

Tomorrow I think I'll take a long walk and not do any homework.  The lawn can use mowing, so that would be good as long as it doesn't rain again.  I want the ants gone.   They've taken up camping out in my kitchen.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 10:12:06 AM by 6pairsofshoes »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3358 on: March 25, 2019, 08:11:02 PM »
I'm writing you a prescription for borax and hitchhikers guide.

I may not understand the math, but I empathize with the frustration. Used to be like a lit fireplace poker between the eyes for me.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #3359 on: April 17, 2019, 07:03:11 PM »
I'm watching South Park. lol UGH! Been idle on disability for 3 months. Driving me nuts. Thinkin about flying down to Florida and visiting my sister. Might as well. She lives in Orlando.