Author Topic: What are you thinking right now?  (Read 433796 times)

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
Re: What are you thinking right now?
« Reply #2850 on: June 24, 2018, 01:42:07 AM »
Well, I can remember getting drunk at that age.  She appears to be on the right path.  I imagine you were up until she was safely home.

I am thinking it's too hot to process another batch of marmalade right now, so I'll put the pulp in the fridge until tomorrow and hope it cools down.  There's so much citrus here, it's embarassing.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2851 on: June 24, 2018, 06:43:38 AM »
Windows update has been running 3 hours now... but has actually shown progress.

I had stopped using my PC at all because of this poo. I had blocker it in group policy, but that crap "unfixes" itself. Like how I disabled the lock screen, and they put it back in.

And it failed. Blocked in services.msc again, wish me luck.

Apparently the "fix" is a full reinstall.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 07:37:07 AM by 8ullfrog »

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #2852 on: July 03, 2018, 01:08:48 AM »
thats it all finished no more school
Daughter had prom last night and then went to party afterwards.
Police arrived to stop the noise, ambulance arrived as girl so drunk she passed out, Lads vomiting all over house whilst parents sat upstairs.
Sounds like a good time had by all  ;D
At 3 am daughter was dropped off at home drunk. :o
Got to learn the hard way sometimes   :-[ :-[

Daughters next outing is a fitness test for the Army to become a combat medic. Best sober up quickly then  ;D ;D

My son had his prom last Friday but he come home for about 10pm and I picked him up from the station. When he got in the car he said that a lot of his friends were going on to after parties to get drunk and would I have minded if he'd gone too. I told him that I'd actually expected him to go.

It was a bit of a 'DOH!' moment.

We then went to a Filipino birthday party on Sunday and he was sitting to my left while I chatted to one of my old staff sitting to my right. After a while my son asked me how many beers I'd had to which I replied "2". He then smiled and told me he'd had 6 which I wasn't happy about (he may be 6'1" but he's still only 15) but he remarked that it made up for his missed misadventure on Friday.

Fair enough, but not so clever when the viking got up to walk to the car...
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2853 on: July 03, 2018, 02:49:09 AM »
Beer.  Good English Beer.  It makes me think of the William Hogarth engraving, "Beer Street."  Everyone is fat and happy.

Hopefully he won't be hung over the next day.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2854 on: July 03, 2018, 06:00:22 PM »
Zonies. They invade every summer. I wonder if they're this rude all the damned time, or if they are acting out because they aren't at home.

Had one breathing down my neck in the goodwill. Yes, I know you want to look at the CD's, but I'm looking at them right now.

So I turned around, and we were nose to nose, so I bellowed "CAN I HELP YOU?"

There weren't even any decent CD's, it's all easy listening poo like enya and yanni.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2855 on: July 05, 2018, 03:39:30 AM »
My husband and I flew into San Francisco and were at the baggage carousel, waiting for our luggage.  There was hardly anyone there.  Still, this one woman insisted on standing really really close to me.  My husband found it so odd as to be funny.  I was too tired to give her attitude, but just puzzled over why in the world, with so much other empty space, she had to hover right next to me.  I wasn't standing in a spot that was strategically beneficial to viewing the luggage or anything practical that would explain it.  She just didn't seem to notice that she was making us uncomfortable.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2856 on: July 05, 2018, 04:31:14 AM »
You have my permission to give people like that poo.

Ubisoft emailed me, saying the chinese got into my account. I can't remember the last ubisoft game I bought, but I think it was Far Cry 2, and even then I decided not to buy their poo anymore. uPlay just made that decision seem like the right one.

So I do the password reset thing, and used a fast food receipt order to generate a new password. Receipts are great for that. Use the time, location, and order number to generate a completely unique password!

Anyway, it took four hours for them to confirm it. And this was an automated process, quite the shitshow.

And then they flagged that as suspicious activity.

I went to the forums, and it was a sad ghetto. Broken english demands for refunds, people telling them what bless'ed garbage they are, how and what to stick up their asses, that sort of thing.

I attempted to make a post in the support forum to ask that future login attempts from China be automatically flagged as cowpoo because 1) I'm not that into ubisoft to begin with. 2) I'm unlikely to visit China, just to log in to my poo hot ubisoft account.

This fails, because their database is bent.

Oh, and you can't contact support because they gave their staff the 4th off. Such nice employers, such a poo company.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #2857 on: July 05, 2018, 09:19:47 PM »
what a good idea!  never thought to use recipes like that.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2858 on: July 05, 2018, 11:39:49 PM »
Okay, do you smell burning toast?

I did not know that people use the fourth of July for intenational die autocorrect intentional arson. A neighbor tried to blow up another neighbors car, and shrapnel came down on our roof. The boom rattled the poo out of the building and I am glad the winows held windows

I hope the cops have fun with him.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #2859 on: July 07, 2018, 01:19:20 AM »
so hot atm, havent even watched a footie game yet  :(

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2860 on: July 13, 2018, 05:57:32 PM »
Oh thank god, my skyrim saves are intact. I backed up the steam files, but saves were stored with documents.

8 mb per save, btw.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #2861 on: July 14, 2018, 12:25:38 AM »
Oh thank god, my skyrim saves are intact. I backed up the steam files, but saves were stored with documents.

8 mb per save, btw.
lucky you !

off to a party in Herefordshire, could get messy  ;D

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2862 on: July 14, 2018, 03:04:34 AM »
Heh, Party juice is a good way to uninstall unwanted memories. I've always been careful at parties, I hear overuse of party juice can lead to uninstalls of friendships.

I actually had to go back 20 levels, Got some weird crimes pinned to my dude. My guess it's the wild mudcrab killings. They get tagged as assaults for some reason. Had some trespasses as well, but I've not broken in anywhere!

I did pay a begger to up my Pickpocket skill, but that was so I could carry 100 extra pounds. Skyrim is WEIRD.

Oh, and the guards who madam about lockpicking can go get ate by draugr.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2863 on: July 27, 2018, 05:22:56 AM »
I need to figure out how to sleep more than 20 minutes at a time.  This would be great if I were a character in a post apocalyptic tv series where people or things were constantly out to get me, but, hell, my little grey cells need some rest.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #2864 on: July 30, 2018, 12:32:06 AM »
rain at last