Author Topic: What are you thinking right now?  (Read 434065 times)

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
Re: What are you thinking right now?
« Reply #2940 on: May 22, 2019, 11:59:35 PM »
nowt

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #2941 on: May 23, 2019, 11:38:41 AM »
Thank God that system that dropped those deadly tornadoes west of us lost steam by the time it came through here this morning. Still woke me up, however.  >:(  Couple more weeks of 'tornado season'.  :-\ 107 tornadoes in the Midwest since Monday.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 12:06:14 PM by Schmoogsley »

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #2942 on: May 23, 2019, 03:45:45 PM »
These spam emails are hilarious. Do people really fall for this BS? lol I sift through my spam folder before I delete them to make sure something important didn't get directed there.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2943 on: May 23, 2019, 05:10:12 PM »
I got another review! It was polite. The user liked Ch. 5.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #2944 on: May 23, 2019, 06:03:29 PM »
Cool. Hey, any day I don't get called a 'POS MF'er', is a good day.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2945 on: May 23, 2019, 06:54:41 PM »
you realize you Teed that right up, don't you?

I mean all I have to do is have a tourist run screaming past Sgt. Schmoogs, and they yell - Well you get it.

Crap, we could even play that stupid acting game with it.

Despair - Tourist has seen family eaten, is begging. "HELP US YOU -
Rage - Schmoogs has dropped his ice cream cone on the boot of some rich fop. "Oh you -
Comradery - Schmoogs has just helped his friend file his space taxes. "You know, you're a good friend schmoogs, Too bad you're also -
Desire - The Twilek (or whatever star wars alien chick you like, Twilek is just the obvious one) Pop star locked eyes with the attractively bald, technically unemployed hero. "Get over here you -

Crap, now I'm tempted to drop them all in Chpt. 6.

GAH, now I have a whole bless'ed scene for the ice cream parlor.

Chpt 6. - A phantom hunger -

Sgt schmoogs stared down at the corpses of the security guards and shrugged. He pulled out the sack with the dollar sign on it he had brought for the payoff, and began filling it with the purple electric space onions. No sense in carrying around a hard case  when he had the sack. He did wonder at the symbol on the bag though? He'd got it off a rather strange bank robber a while back. Waste not, want not, he remembered.

Sauntering from the "docks" area of the resort, he noted the screaming, and smelled the fire. It made him hungry, so he stepped into the retail sector, went through the <Okay, I'm drawing a brain fart here, the weird little air conditioned room at fast food joints you have to walk through>
and walked into the sealed food court. No one in the food court had a clue about the rampage outside, as they were all on their space phones, updating their insta-gram with pictures of the food they would never eat <IT'S HOLOGRAMS NOW>. They also bitched on Space Yelp about the automated service.

Schmoogs strolled up to an ice cream counter, and held up a purple electric onion. "What can I get for one a these things"

"Oh hello valued customer, welcome to General Hoth's confectionary. May I interest you in a membership card?"

Schmoogs grumbled, shifted his feet a bit, then punched a Holo-com number into the droids face.

"Welcome back LANDO CALRISSIAN, how may I serve you?"

"I asked," schmoogs grumbled "What can I get for one a these?". "Oh my" the droid simpered, "A single Jogan fruit would net you a considerable amount of store credit!"

"Whatever" said Schmoogs, looks like he'd have to hit the rest of the mall to find out what the damn things were worth. "Do that, and I'll get a large cone of <Star wars flavor>.

Shortly, he had his ice cream. He turned, and suffered the first personal tragedy of his day. The cone fell, directly onto the boot of some foppish fop.

Schmoogs was LIVID, he really loved <Star wars flavor>

"Watch it you piece of poo fool, when my father hears of this-" Schmoogs stopped him, with the E-11 he'd liberated from one of the dead guards. He then blasted the service droid as well.

"Was a boring conversation anyway"
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 07:02:24 PM by 8ullfrog »

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #2946 on: May 23, 2019, 07:19:19 PM »
lol, you're a nut. If you ever need a soundtrack added, let me know.  8)

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #2947 on: May 23, 2019, 07:24:13 PM »
OMG, that banana was fantastic. I could tell it was a good shipment. They were huge and I could smell them. That's what I normally do in the produce section. Search for whatever fruit is looking good.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #2948 on: May 23, 2019, 08:46:57 PM »
Hmmm, I think I will check the oven from now on to see if it needs to be cleaned. Can't say I'm into smoked pizza.  :-\

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2949 on: May 23, 2019, 09:17:38 PM »
I had a bean burrito and feel sick again. It's like my stomach is playing Russian roulette. This passes, this passes, PRAY FOR DEATH, FOR I AM NOT A STOMACH OF MERCY.

this just sucks.

It's literally just pinto beans I mashed up myself and flour tortillas. There are times I bathe my burritos in napalm death sauce, never had a problem.

I don't know what else I can do. Can't even just do toast, had to throw the bread out.

I'm on the bus half the day tomorrow, maybe I'll hit the downtown grocery outlet, just buy some non-mom approved bread and just go back to toast and oatmeal, hasn't failed me yet.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #2950 on: May 23, 2019, 09:28:19 PM »
You might want to invest in some charcoal underwear inserts for times like this. They work like a charm when you have to ride with others. I know I hate to be around others when I got the farts. Except my buddies. I like it when they smell my farts.  Cuz golly em.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #2951 on: May 23, 2019, 09:58:51 PM »
Now I'm craving tacos. I'ma stop at a mexican restaurant on my way to or from Trader Joe's tomorrow.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2952 on: May 24, 2019, 04:03:19 AM »
Trader Joes has some very good frozen dinner entrees.  Indian food, like chana masala, palak paneer, butter chicken, and there's other  items that are inexpensive and easy microwaveable meals  if you are tired and too hungry to cook.   They're about $3.

Their produce is not especially cheap but the cheese is reasonable and most of their alcohol is also priced below that of many other retailers.  The coffee filters are also good and cheap.  I go there about once every 2-3 weeks.  There's a store within about 6 blocks of my house so I usually walk there.  Their dairy prices are competitive.  They usually have samples of their house coffee and some kind of nice little samples of various foods you can buy there, so it's a nice place to shop.  People who shop there can't follow directions or drive like poo, so I get why 8ully would complain.  It's a hotbed of yuppie privilege, but the food selection is not bad.  I shop at many stores so I only pop in there occasionally.

We have entire stores devoted to cheese out here so TJs is sort of a quick fix with a reasonable inexpensive selection.  I suggested them because they're a national chain and a good alternative to Whole Foods.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #2953 on: May 24, 2019, 07:26:26 AM »
Yeah, I've been wanting to check them out. I mean, we have some higher end cheese shops. One is The Cheese Shop. They are way over on the eastside. Besides, I like my cheese like I like my coffee; plain but high quality. I'm not into 'foo foo cheese' nor 'foo foo coffee'. Unless I'm trying to impress company. I've purchased extremely expensive coffee before and while I thought it was really good, I didn't think it was worth the money. The huge bag of Starbucks beans I always buy at Sam's Club is only 15 bucks. And, they're right over there. I could walk there. They have some decent cheese there too. You have to buy a huge brick of it though of course. Is ok with me, but, I like variety. Can't have a variety of cheeses when you have to buy a huge brick at a time, lol.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #2954 on: May 24, 2019, 07:41:31 AM »
I need to get over there before the next line of storms rolls through. Ok, get out of bed you lazy golly.