Author Topic: What are you thinking right now?  (Read 434021 times)

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
Re: What are you thinking right now?
« Reply #3000 on: June 03, 2019, 07:06:36 AM »
I can just check the trash. :-D
--dweez

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #3001 on: June 07, 2019, 11:39:52 PM »
^bahahaha

Six, hope your ankle has recovered some, try topical treatments? Gotta stay off it some, possibly the use of a splint type thing for a bit?

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3002 on: June 08, 2019, 12:57:32 AM »
rain rain go away

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #3003 on: June 08, 2019, 06:42:58 AM »
Boy, big difference in just one day. Foot is MUCH better. I think I'll be able to go back to the gym on Monday. Get back on track. Jesus man, I just want to get back to normal, is that too much to ask? Done with the accidents for a long while I hope. Someone else's turn.
My personal experience: Sleep is as important as exercise. Or, I'm just making an excuse to take a nap right now.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3004 on: June 09, 2019, 06:31:17 PM »
It's crazy hot here.  That's rare.  It's 90 degrees fahrenheit.  Wow.  Wish I had some cold tonic as a G&T would be nice in such weather.  I'll probably settle for a Campari & Soda. 

Glad to hear your foot is getting better, Schmoogs.  I'm sure getting back to work will be a relief as idle time gets old after a while.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3005 on: June 09, 2019, 10:43:00 PM »
I didn't much care for John Wick 3, but apparently they're putting Keanu in Video Games again. I remember the matrix games were fun, but not too great. A lot of railroading, a lot of things that only looked good from fixed perspective, and GOD AWFUL copy protection. Like stuff that added a software layer to your burner to try and break it bad.

But it looks like this new one, Cyberpunk 2077 is a console game. Also the protagonist looked weirdly like my cousin. Cyber-cousin is bad at crime, and has to be rescued by cyber-Keanu.

It's a four minute trailer, but I want those writers on shows, because it felt like 30 seconds.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #3006 on: June 10, 2019, 07:17:42 AM »
I think I'm going to head on over to the gym. Foot doesn't hurt at all. Amen. Wrist? Well, it still hurts. Not too bad though. Dr. says I don't have to worry about messing it up. Just a pain issue now. Besides, they said it could take up to one and a half years to fully heal. golly that! You should see the comparison of my left arm to my right. Wow. Also, I want to try to prepare for my return to work next week. I know my first week is going to be a real SOB.  :o
The lesson from all this? I really need to stop throwing caution to the wind. I'm getting old and I need to freakin pay attention to what I'm doing. Constantly tell myself to 'watch wear I'm stepping/watch what I'm grabbing, etc...', until it becomes habit. Ok, I'll shut the golly up already. Hey, I made it all the way through on this forum. I've been suspended from 3 other forums. lol Haven't had much tolerance for stoops lately. The Internet is NOT a Democracy.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #3007 on: June 10, 2019, 07:33:00 AM »
I checked out that trailer, Bully. Wow. lol That's some ultra violence. These movies are real hit or miss for me. I didn't really get into the John Wick movies. But then, I enjoyed the Jack Reacher films. That last Mad Max movie? God damn I hated that movie. Most everyone else thought it was the greatest movie in the history of mankind. WTF ever.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3008 on: June 10, 2019, 10:19:43 AM »
Mel Gibson has permanently lost his charm for me.  So I don't bother with Mad Max.

I agree with you about the realizing that we're not supermen but fragile creatures these days.  Odd when things that were no problem before now result in near breaks or worse.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #3009 on: June 10, 2019, 02:38:56 PM »
I agree with you about the realizing that we're not supermen but fragile creatures these days.  Odd when things that were no problem before now result in near breaks or worse.

Like sleeping.
--dweez

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3010 on: June 10, 2019, 09:43:47 PM »
Mel isn't Max anymore, Tom Hardy played Max. The production was such a clusterfuck the movie was shelved for an entire year. Max has few lines, it's more Charlize theron's movie.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3011 on: June 10, 2019, 11:52:51 PM »
I did think Mel was getting a little long in the tooth.  Theron is pretty engaging as an actress.  She was amazing in Monster.

Thanks, Bea.  It is a hairline fracture and I get to wear a boot and use crutches for a month, which sucks.  But it is helping to keep the weight off the foot.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3012 on: June 11, 2019, 02:25:37 AM »
I've seen Mad Max and What Women Want.  Mad Max was fine.  What Women Want was just plain stupid, but I suspect it delivered to the demographic that it was intended to address.  I just didn't really enjoy it.

And for the Scottish history dramas, I've heard all I need to know from Stewart Lee's sendups of them.  Life is too short.  I watch plenty of trashy low grade movies and tv, so I'm no snob, but given a choice, I guess I'd opt for something he was not involved with.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #3013 on: June 11, 2019, 04:19:29 AM »
I don't know much about Mel Gibson except for his drunken outbursts. lol I think he needs to lay off the suds. I really don't care much about anyone from Hollywood, really. Far too detached from reality for me to care about anything they have to say. I think my favorite actor is Tom Cruise. Damn that guy is a really good actor I think. However, apparently, he is extremely whacked out. Seems to go with the territory. Except, I've heard Keanu Reeves is a level headed good dude. 

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3014 on: June 11, 2019, 09:03:56 AM »
Facebook doesn't have a category for reporting someone posting a picture of a homeless man taking a poo.