Author Topic: What are you thinking right now?  (Read 427401 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Re: What are you thinking right now?
« Reply #2880 on: October 07, 2018, 06:40:02 PM »
President trump out there hating women, Senator Sanders out there SAVING women.

Apparently Sen. Sanders went for a walk by himself during a break on Wednesday, stopped a woman from getting hit by a car, and then came back to the office and didn't tell anybody about it. His team found out about it on Facebook
- Jeff Stein

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2881 on: October 07, 2018, 11:25:30 PM »
I try not to think about the GOP.  It's just too depressing.  It's the only reason I'm glad I didn't have children.  Can you imagine what it would be like to have daughters growing up under this administration?  It is too frightening for words.  I truly fear for young women in this country.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #2882 on: October 10, 2018, 01:24:24 AM »
Visited the family in oxford yesterday.
Weel sucj an interesting day alcoholics, murderers,bandits, no drug dealers though (yet)

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #2883 on: October 10, 2018, 11:03:18 AM »
They are all like that up North!

well my Paisley side moved to Blackpool so thats as far North as i can quote. Even then i dont visit them at all

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #2884 on: October 11, 2018, 11:42:31 PM »
A fantastic 14 hrs sleep.
Helped we went to a local beer festival yesterday  ;D ;D ;D

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2885 on: October 15, 2018, 08:30:16 PM »
Maybe fast food places SHOULD fire people every six months.

I ordered two jumbo jacks and curly fries, and was charged for two CHEESE jumbo jacks, which yeah, it's 60 cents, but I didn't order cheese.

Oh, and I didn't get cheese on them, I just got to PAY for cheese jumbo jacks. I would have gone back, but it was a to go order. I was already home when I discovered THE DECEPTION.

And the fry guy looked like he wanted to murder me. Why? Because he had to cut the bag open. Apparently not many people are ordering curly fries in my area. Still, if you get mad about doing your job, it's time to move on, Fry dude.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2886 on: October 16, 2018, 12:01:57 AM »
Call the manager and complain.  They should do something to compensate you on your next visit.  I'm thinking I'll probably go to bed and read more about Agent Orange in the Woodward "Fear" book.  It's depressing but I'm about 3/4 of the way through it and I've run out of Gereon Rath mysteries in translation for the moment.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2887 on: October 16, 2018, 12:36:36 AM »
Once upon a time it was owned by Jack co, but now it's a franchisee. I actually talked with the original manager and he was a cool dude. Well from my end.

The franchisee lady is a richard. I had called once because their ATM slider was busted. I watched an employee break it more while "fixing" it. She tore the ethernet cable out. while leaving the RJ45 plugged in. Would have been funny if I wasn't hangry at the time. So I called because I didn't have cash.

She told me it was my problem and hung up on me.

So I walked to the local extortionist grocer, bought supplies, and made my own damn burger at home. He went out of business about a month later. He is not missed by the local community.

I don't think I ate at house of Jack again until they came out with those carne asada fries. And they had done a team wipe. Now they slide your card on the actual register, like a sane POS system.

Mom listened to the book on tape, I can see why Mr. Self Made doesn't care for it. Granted, he doesn't seem to need much help making himself look incompetent.

I'm really glad my mom got that replacement TV, since she isn't just watching the MSNBC rage broadcast on youtube 24/7. I kinda like some of the OTA channels we get here.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2888 on: October 18, 2018, 03:13:53 AM »
I'm listening to music and drinking tea.  It's the middle of the night.  I had a good friend, sort of funny and crazy, who would be up at all hours.  We'd talk at 3 in the morning.  He died of a heart attack in March.  When I lived in NYC, we'd talk on the phone and watch I Love Lucy at 9 a.m.  He was a hoot.  We went to museums, walked all over the city together.

He was a veritable genius of the place for Manhattan.  The place is the lesser for his absence.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2889 on: October 18, 2018, 04:20:03 AM »
I am sorry for your loss.

I am on a broken sleep schedule again. Well I wouldn't say broken, I honestly think this is the schedule my body wants. Problem is, this is the real world, so I need to break it again.

Any time I get really sick, this happens. As much fun as night owls can have, it's a hell to me.

I ended up filling out the online survey jack in the box has, Got a call from the jack in the box district manager apologizing, and offering a re-meal.

I guess corporate reigned in franchisee lady.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #2890 on: October 18, 2018, 08:03:46 AM »
what warm weather

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2891 on: October 18, 2018, 09:45:53 AM »
I am sorry for your loss.

I am on a broken sleep schedule again. Well I wouldn't say broken, I honestly think this is the schedule my body wants. Problem is, this is the real world, so I need to break it again.

Any time I get really sick, this happens. As much fun as night owls can have, it's a hell to me.

I ended up filling out the online survey jack in the box has, Got a call from the jack in the box district manager apologizing, and offering a re-meal.

I guess corporate reigned in franchisee lady.

Thanks.  He had a heart attack in the public library and was unconscious on life support and they couldn't find the next of kin.  Someone reached out on FB and I knew how to reach his family.  They turned off the machines.  The whole business was so utterly sad.

I'm sorry you are unwell and not sleeping.  Can a change of medications help?  I'm glad you got some satisfaction from Jack in the Box.  I basically don't eat there, not being a burger kind of person, although if I'm on a long road trip on the 5, I'll stop at a Carl's Jr. and get a chicken sandwich.  They're nothing to celebrate, but at least they stop the food cravings.  My favorite is the make your own pizza place Pieology at the Tejon Outlets right after the grapevine.  There's also a Panda Express and a Chipotle.  Otherwise it's pretty grim all the way back to the Bay Area.  But that's north of you, outside the northern range of mountains on top of L.A.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2892 on: October 18, 2018, 04:42:44 PM »
Heh, I was born in Walnut Creek. I don't think I could afford lunch there now.

Lived on a boat in Antioch for my pupal years, then bounced up and down the state til adulthood.

You did a very good thing, even though it must have hurt. As to the grapevine, I do not miss driving it to visit Grandma. Or Fresno, at all.

There was a halfway decent subway between two speed trap towns (towns that only exist to extort motorists)

Also an In-n-out, they make good stuff.

I miss good Carl's. In the 90's it was fantastic, but in the tens I took my grandpa a bag in hospice, and he was really, really disappointed.

He actually made it out of that hospice, but I don't think he ever ate Carl's again.

Panda depressed is always crap, but I enjoyed the Rick & Morty bit where they just said it was crap Chinese food with sugar. Chipotle is the Mcdonalds of Mexican food.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2893 on: October 19, 2018, 12:32:06 PM »
Antioch is next to the town where my bird's vet is located, so I go there a couple times a year.  They have a good thrift shop where I often find nice clothes for next to nothing.  It has a sweet historic town center on the river.

I expect it was booming when they were mining coal there and in Pittsburg, next door.  I've often thought it would be cool to travel up into the Delta by boat.  There's this crazy opera house in Pittsburg that they've restored recently.  It's sort of unexpected and stunning, given the location.  I like to avoid Rt. 4 by taking parallel roads that often run along or near the riverfront, so I've explored that area a bit.

Walnut Creek, Lafayette and Orinda are locales where prosperous professionals buy residential real estate so they can raise a family in good school districts along commuter rail lines (BART).   The house prices there are only marginally cheaper than in the City.  So the shops and restaurants are pretty expensive.  Concord and Pleasant Hill are cheaper, and I'll sometimes go to those areas to shop.  There's a harp store in Walnut Creek and a rather nice performance venue, the Lesher Center, where they have classical music concerts.  I prefer the grittier Oakland.  For those not familiar with the Bay Area, it has some of the most expensive residential real estate in the U.S.  Median home prices are comparable to those in London.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 12:34:08 PM by 6pairsofshoes »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2894 on: October 19, 2018, 05:49:26 PM »
Had a Brazil nut, did not care for it. I imagine this is what my desk tastes like.

But I am happy, I love trying new things to eat (Other than seafood, I've puked enough of it up that I'm not doing that again.)