Author Topic: What are you thinking right now?  (Read 433693 times)

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
Re: What are you thinking right now?
« Reply #2955 on: May 24, 2019, 10:49:11 AM »

Holy poo! I forgot it's race weekend. Got home just in time. Gonna hunker down til Tuesday. :P

Anyway, I like Trader Joe's. Neat place if you don't mind Hippies. lol Gawd, the geriatric crowd was out in force. UGH! Boy Six, you hit it right on the head. The cheese prices were really good. They had some Tillamook and it was almost half what Kroger charges. I didn't buy it because it was mild cheddar. I bought 3 different cheeses though. You were also right about their frozen meals. I bought a few of those as well ($2.58). Not bad. I also liked their bread variety. Bought a nice looking raisin bread. Bought some crackers too. Too bad I probably won't be going back. It was a bit further than I thought. Well, if it was closer to the Interstate would be ok. Just too much city driving. Good Lord, it is already getting crazy out there. The race pulls in about 1/2 million people you know? Crazy! Anyway, I'm sure I can find some place closer that's similar. I'll just have to check around.

*Maybe if I hit myself on the head with a sledge hammer I could become a race fan?

« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 12:02:47 PM by Schmoogsley »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2956 on: May 24, 2019, 06:40:23 PM »
Thought about calling 911 on one of the bums.

This one santa claus looking fool has multiple Caches of poo wrapped in tarps. He's got "DON'T STEAL" signs on them, with his phone number.

A family of drug dealing vagabonds ran off when they saw the cops, and the cops didn't chase them, so their trailer full of poo is still parked off the side of my room.

Third one is probably a heroin nodder, she's across the street. That's the one I thought about dropping the 911 on.

A fourth actually owns a vehicle, and he runs the engine for hours at a time. Cops actually HAVE run him off a few times.

I saw like six people climb into the back of that drug truck. It's like a 98 Nissan pickup, the wheel wells are rusted out.

Like, I don't even mind people living in their cars, the world is burning to ashes. But is it too much to ask them not to be complete shitweasels?

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2957 on: May 24, 2019, 06:55:08 PM »
Schmoogs, the bread is good at TJs, not spectacular, but reasonable quality for the price.  Their whole wheat sandwich breads are good, as are their plain tortillas and pita.  Their baguettes and other similar breads are passable.  One that I like that is good for breakfast is the whole wheat cranberry walnut bread.  It's not sliced, but comes in a single loaf in a paper wrapper and costs about $5.  Don't know if it's a national thing but when I see it here, it's nice to slice a piece for toast as it's wholesome and tasty.

Their nuts are also inexpensive compared to other grocery chains.  Sprouts is cheaper for produce in general, although I have so much choice that I only shop there occasionally if they're on the way home and I need something.

I drove cross country once over Mem. Day weekend and was outside Indy when the race was going on.  I just tried to get out of there asap.  Stopped in a fleabag about an hour east of there so I could avoid the madness.  It was a Quality Inn.  They just didn't explain that it was "poor" Quality on the marquis, otherwise I might have kept going.

8ully, those "neighbors" sound like they're probably violating all kinds of local laws.  Too bad they don't just go away.  I'm exhausted, having just finished the last of my final exams.  I've been sitting in a chair in front of a computer all week.  Bone tired.  I walked to the grocers and am now home for the night. 

I did plant some flowers today so that was encouraging and relaxing.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #2958 on: May 24, 2019, 07:04:54 PM »
Jesus Christ Bully. Next time I complain about where I live, tell me to shut the golly up.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #2959 on: May 24, 2019, 07:08:48 PM »
Congrats Six. Are you on Summer vacation now?

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2960 on: May 24, 2019, 07:32:42 PM »
The nodder was gone when I walked the dog, so either she died and got carted off, or stumbled away on her own. Mom said she's seen her before.

I took pictures of the santa claus lookin pesky-folk stash. He's got it double bike locked to a fire pole.

https://imgur.com/a/pIaT0bz

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #2961 on: May 24, 2019, 11:48:09 PM »

Wow, this raisin bread kicks ass. I normally shop at Meijer's. They have nothing this good. I know, I've tried them all. lol

Notice the short shelf life. That's ok, I'm going to eat the hell out of it this holiday weekend.  ;D  It looks (asymmetric or misshapen) like and has the texture of, an 'in store bakery' type bread (no preservatives). Or, it's sat on the shelf for awhile and I'm trying to make excuses?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 12:01:50 AM by Schmoogsley »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2962 on: May 25, 2019, 12:34:13 AM »
I haven't tried that variety.  Good to know.  I just got some sunmaid raisin bread at the Safeway as it's closer than TJs.  I normally make scones once a week, but school has eaten my time.  Now I'm just tired.  I'll probably take more classes this summer.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #2963 on: May 25, 2019, 12:46:31 AM »
OMG, this raisin bread kicks Sunmaid's ass. Trust me.

Boy, I haven't made scones in years. They go SO good with coffee. I used to have a KILLER blueberry scone recipe. In fact, I got it from 'America's Test Kitchen' and and I posted it here, or Demonoid Fora, a decade ago, and you thought it looked like a very nice recipe. Now, why does my memory suck ass, yet, sometimes I can remember stuff like this?

To be fair, this raisin bread cost twice as much as the SunMaid.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 12:57:59 AM by Schmoogsley »

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #2964 on: May 25, 2019, 01:31:00 PM »
Why is YouTube suggesting videos of women with large breasts? I swear I have NEVER searched for boobs. WTF? Besides, I'm not a breast man. I'm a leg man. I mean, I don't dislike womens' breasts, I am just not picky on their size. Strange.   
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 02:28:16 PM by Schmoogsley »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2965 on: May 25, 2019, 02:09:10 PM »
It's clickbait. Not specifically aimed at you, but it is aimed to game the suggestions system.

The truckfucks came back to dig through their trailer of garbage, I BARELY kept myself from telling them to move that poo on down the road. I have a feeling the situation would have become violent.

Mom pointed out that Santa bottom's bike lock security system could be defeated by sliding the bike lock over the top of the pole.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #2966 on: May 25, 2019, 02:30:25 PM »
Mom pointed out that Santa bottom's bike lock security system could be defeated by sliding the bike lock over the top of the pole.
lol, I thought the same thing when I saw the image. Poor Santa.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #2967 on: May 25, 2019, 02:36:06 PM »
Oh boy, the chicken came out great. I marinaded the chicken overnight with this stuff again. Made some potato salad too. I'm happy.  ;D

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2968 on: May 25, 2019, 02:38:04 PM »
Poor santa my ass, he yells at anyone who comes near him that he'll sue them for six million dollars. I kinda want to shoot him with a squirt gun.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #2969 on: May 25, 2019, 02:42:52 PM »
Six million dollars? Yeah, I'd say he needs a few squirts.