Author Topic: What are you thinking right now?  (Read 427315 times)

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: What are you thinking right now?
« Reply #3015 on: June 11, 2019, 12:50:34 PM »
8ully, you can report the image as "offensive" and see if that helps.

chris, I have seen Chicken Run.  I liked it, but I tend to like most anything by Nick Park.  So, that's another Mel Gibson pic in the positive column.  I think he's got some serious personal problems.  Maybe the over the top religiosity is an effort to use religion to fill the hole that booze failed to do.  He's a sad individual.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3016 on: June 12, 2019, 06:55:03 AM »
There was no blanket offensive category, I ended up marking it nudity.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3017 on: June 12, 2019, 10:47:12 AM »
They must have changed it.  I checked and you're right.  Nudity is about right.  "Spam" is a favorite for me.  They tend to remove spam without a significant screening.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3018 on: June 12, 2019, 12:59:53 PM »
Still don't know what the golly redhat family member was thinking posting it. He moved out of the bay area to his beloved Texas years ago.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #3019 on: June 15, 2019, 05:54:29 PM »
Under a tornado warning right now. Thank God tornado season is almost over. I think it's the northern states turn.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #3020 on: June 15, 2019, 06:10:06 PM »
Sirens just turned off. Must be safe now.  ;)

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #3021 on: June 16, 2019, 09:31:50 AM »
The parking lot pecking order is getting out of hand.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3022 on: June 17, 2019, 07:06:58 AM »
Facebook yelled at me for reporting the image of a man taking a poo on a sidewalk.

They said it wasn't nudity because genitals weren't visible (He covered them with his coat).

However, this time I got an actual text box to respond, and related my displeasure that their platform was used to make me look at a picture of a man taking a poo, and that they should create a category for defecation.

(It's a really popular topic to rag on for the red hats.) (I suspect more shitting images in the future.) (If I just block the family member that posted it, he'll start yelling at me on the phone, and if I block that, it will become a "Family issue".) (golly I hate Orange Man.)

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3023 on: June 17, 2019, 10:30:22 AM »
You don't have to block him.  Simply "Unfollow" him and you won't see his posts.  He'll remain a "friend" but one that never shows up in your news feed.  My racist cousin never shows up.  I get notifications that he has posted but I don't see the posts unless I make a concerted effort to go to his page and look at his feed.

The racism is a constant drumbeat on his page.  I don't recall my grandfather or his father going on about African Americans to the extent that he does.  When he used racial epithets to refer to the last president and made references to violent acts against him, I called him on it, publicly told him he should be ashamed of himself and stopped following his feed.  Every now and then he weighs in and says something embarrassing on one of my posts and I delete it.  I normally don't censor dissent, but this is just ignorant blathering.  So it goes away.  I can't afford having respectable people reading this kind of crap on my page.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 10:32:22 AM by 6pairsofshoes »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3024 on: June 17, 2019, 11:03:28 AM »
Thank you. You are more helpful than actual facebook staff.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #3025 on: June 19, 2019, 03:55:35 AM »
I think I better lay off the practice pad for tomorrow. Overdid it today. Wrist hurts a little.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3026 on: June 19, 2019, 05:27:55 PM »
Hope your wrist is better.  Try some cold packs.

I'm thinking I haven't heard from tarascon for a while, nor have we seen aelthric.  Hope they are both well.  I have vision of Jock & Linda roping him into the miniature yachting scene.  I expect it will be great for him to get outside and be near the water.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3027 on: June 19, 2019, 05:32:43 PM »
Last place he was he said he didn't have steady access to internet. I do hope he's doing well.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3028 on: June 19, 2019, 05:44:47 PM »
He usually logs in from a public library so he doesn't have regular access.  I hope he's ok.  His mother's death affected him strongly.  Last I heard he was looking for work and dealing with annoying government/immigration issues.  I just shot him an email.  Maybe we'll get an update soon.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3029 on: June 20, 2019, 12:35:47 AM »
too much sleep makes you tires !