Author Topic: my big fat Gypsy wedding?.  (Read 7111 times)

Offline mishca09

• Q
my big fat Gypsy wedding?.
« on: May 29, 2011, 08:59:38 PM »
this show just leaves me speechless. the outfits these little girls wear and the adult dancing the kids do in stripper outfits ... and the wedding dresses are just ?.. really really unique  :-\

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
Re: my big fat Gypsy wedding?.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 07:26:19 AM »
I'm not gonna lie.. I sort of like this dress and tiara :P I'd at least try it on

Although.. these bridesmaids dresses are ghastly

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 09:10:24 AM »
Gypsies are unique people to put it mildly. Dangerous to a degree and certainly not to be trifled with, but also a "people" with an unrivalled sense of community.

I did notice that some of the gypsies in the show were Irish, and as a point of interest: Ireland doesn't have "gypsies", they are always referred to as "travellers".
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 10:09:24 AM »
pay no taxes , pay no vat , always have money.
loyal only to their own kind.

they do like to show their wealth off

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 10:30:59 AM »
Fringe living sounds unhealthy though-

Roughly ten times more infants die under the age of two, while a third of Travellers die before the age of 25. In addition, 80% of Travellers die before the age of 65. Some 10% of Traveller children die before their second birthday, compared to just 1% of the general population. In Ireland, 2.6% of all deaths in the total population were for people aged under 25, versus 32% for the Travellers.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 11:12:11 AM »
I'm not gonna lie.. I sort of like this dress and tiara :P I'd at least try it on

the dress actually lights up and dresses are so heavy it causes the dress to rub against your skin and even some cases make you bleed.
Gypsies are unique people to put it mildly. Dangerous to a degree and certainly not to be trifled with, but also a "people" with an unrivalled sense of community.

I did notice that some of the gypsies in the show were Irish, and as a point of interest: Ireland doesn't have "gypsies", they are always referred to as "travellers".

I did notice the word travellers but I don't know the difference between the two.
pay no taxes , pay no vat , always have money.
loyal only to their own kind.

they do like to show their wealth off

One of the girls rented a Bentley  for her wedding . I wonder were they get the money from?

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 11:42:29 AM »
i dont want to get into that question .

One of the girls rented a Bentley  for her wedding . I wonder were they get the money from?   

i have had plenty of arguments about that subject, a friend (sorry was a friend) did work for them.
cash only deals and in the end he couldn't refuse them work.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12837686 down the road from me. :-[

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 11:57:39 AM »
Gypsies easily live beyond the law as they are rarely registered at birth and so are untraceable.  They are all but ghosts in the system and even when arrested and charged, there is no way of tracking them if they jump bail and I have even heard of cousins turning up in court to stand trial - which in turn leaves the court no option but to stop the prosecution.

That said, Irish travellers were more the kind that chose to live by travelling and getting work from one village/city to the next and were at times called "tinkers" as they could repair just about anything using tin.  Not really like that any more and my sister who has a farm in Ireland, has to guard their house every day when the travellers are nearby as burglaries go through the roof (no pun intended).
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 12:02:34 PM »
the dress actually lights up

:o

and dresses are so heavy it causes the dress to rub against your skin and even some cases make you bleed.

:(

I wonder were they get the money from?

When you see 60 Minutes exxpose type stories on the ones living in the US, they usually have to do with home repair scams. Things where they can not 'outright' break the law, while still swindling poeple.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2011, 07:01:58 PM »
i got my sister in law hooked on the show. I wonder what the american version will be like.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2011, 01:21:09 AM »
be interesting to see what the USA gypsy's are like i agree

Online dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011, 09:58:43 AM »
They usually stink and follow the Grateful Dead and Phish around the country.  Oh wait, you said gypsies.
--dweez