Author Topic: Leaving to see Harry Potter in 52 minutes!!!!!  (Read 9110 times)

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
Re: Leaving to see Harry Potter in 52 minutes!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2011, 11:50:19 AM »
Yeah, I wasn't sure if it'd actually get processed when they got to the "shipping" step but I received an e-mail saying my order has been "dispatched" via Royal Mail so YAY!
--dweez

Offline bubu

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2012, 03:26:47 AM »
I read the first book of the series but i don't know if it was the Italian translation it felt too much a children's book for my taste, I liked the two movies I saw
The thing I thought was really clever was how J K Rowling grew the books up in the series to match her readership, shifting focuses from more childish simple concerns to adolescent confusions and finally in the last two books to a more young adult / adult themed appraisal of complexity of life in dealing with feelings, hiding feelings and how the world is not so much black and white but there are shades of grey too....

Personally I am a cantankerous old scallywag erring on the cynical side but even I have to applaud this series that introduces some of the darker sides of life to children in a way that they can understand and so compellingly that it is giving rise to raise is reading standards among the young...

Well until they get texting on their mobiles at least which destroys all that hard work building up their literacy....
I completly agree with you and you describe my feeling perfectly

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2012, 10:32:41 AM »
Not heard the American versions with Jim Dale but according to others they are not as good as when Stephen Fry reads them...
sorry about my ignorance but is this jim dale from the carry on movies

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
  • With powers of hawk, wolf, puma and bear.
    • TITLE!
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2012, 12:17:14 PM »
Wikipedia says yes.  I was wondering about him the other day when Carry on Doctor came on.

Now Zoidberg is the popular one!