Author Topic: Comics section.  (Read 5558 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Comics section.
« on: November 10, 2012, 08:40:01 PM »
I've pretty much stopped reading comics because they stopped delivering what I enjoy, but I've noticed these threads are fairly popular elsewhere, and I know several people here read comics.

So a halfhearted suggestion I guess. Comics man, remember when they were good?

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
Re: Comics section.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 10:31:49 PM »
I read an Origin series on Wolverine that was really good.  There are two, maybe more, but I read another and it was decent as well.  I like the one about his childhood though, good stuff.  I have read a few other things I liked too.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 01:13:54 PM »
We have a board for comics but nowadays the original supporters of said board have moved on.

Personally, I have read more comics as an adult than I ever did as a kid.  But then, I had a bit of a Huckleberry Finn existence as a youth (never in the house and seldom dry).
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 10:26:55 PM »
I'm in "waiting" mode right now with my comic reading.  Need to organize and get a huge arc(group of arcs) together.  Right now I'm just reading DCs Red Robin (which has forced me to read v3 Batgirl too as there was a bit of a tie-in and my OCD-tendencies won't let me miss anything).  I'm really enjoying DCs New 52 line too, although I'm confused as some seem to have brand new origins/background while others (Kyle Rayner for one) hasn't seemed to been altered at all.

BTW, I felt the "crises" leading up to the New 52, Flashpoint, was excellent.
--dweez

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 06:27:14 PM »
Back when I could afford to go to comicon, I picked up a really nice high quality Captain America T. It was $35 and I was devastated when it was stolen a few months later (Was a seriously awesome shirt.)

Target does faded looking Captain America T's, but I've never cared for the distressed look in any form.

Recently, a new wal-mart opened nearby. Traffic went to poo, But I got a Captain America T that looks like the good one. It only cost eight bucks! Granted, it's a low quality T and will probably last about two months until the arm falls off in the washer, but it looks good.

For Marvel, I like the old Captain America books. Post 9/11 writers really didn't have a clue what to do with Cap, and it was a shame when they killed him off just to raise sales.

As to DC, I do not care for the relaunch. I didn't really care for it before either. When they pulled that stupid crap with Superboy Vs. Superboy they lost me completely. I like the characters, but not how the writers are using them.