Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 36953 times)

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: Brexit
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2017, 03:19:47 PM »
Turns out that she signed Article 51 by mistake - we're still in Europe but we all have to wear hats.

Perfectly fitting hats that is. Otherwise, there would be a major health and safety incident that could result in artificial cranial deformation.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2017, 01:10:11 AM »
 ::)  ;D ;D ;D ;D
what is a worry is the amount of NHS staff that will leave (and has already) as they fear what MAY happen with EU citizens having or not having to leave the UK.
Already spanish citizens in the NHS are looking and returning to the EU as they have to work in a EU country to keep their medical qualification, the UK would not qualify for this requirement when we leave ( unless negotiated and Gibraltar could be a sticking point ???).

Family we have in Oxford are already crapping themselves as they may all have to get off the Doll and work for a living  ;D ;D ;D  ;D.
I find it so easy to wind them up as they voted to be rid of the immigrants, yet dont want to do the jobs the immigrants do.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2017, 02:59:47 AM »
::)  ;D ;D ;D ;D
what is a worry is the amount of NHS staff that will leave (and has already) as they fear what MAY happen with EU citizens having or not having to leave the UK.
Already spanish citizens in the NHS are looking and returning to the EU as they have to work in a EU country to keep their medical qualification, the UK would not qualify for this requirement when we leave ( unless negotiated and Gibraltar could be a sticking point ???).

Family we have in Oxford are already crapping themselves as they may all have to get off the Doll and work for a living  ;D ;D ;D  ;D.
I find it so easy to wind them up as they voted to be rid of the immigrants, yet dont want to do the jobs the immigrants do.

I don't know about there, but in my experience the NHS has been held together by Caribbeans, Indians, Africans and more recently, Filipinos. Rarely have I seen any European staff - barring the brits.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2017, 12:28:20 AM »
spanish / italian / portugese have a large NHS presence in Leicester

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2017, 04:28:16 PM »
I voted out due the hate, hate relationship the construction industry has had with EU regulation. I'm old school and I was sick and tired of constant nannying and ridiculous directives sent out from places that were (in my opinion) still catching up with British building regulations. In fact, nowadays you can pretty much get away with murder by way of quality.

This has been my opinion for over 30 years and has nothing to do with any of the theories that are regularly bandied about.

What I do find odd is the perception that people regret the vote when, in truth, it is quite the opposite. I didn't know many folk that voted out (London was overwhelmingly "in") but now find a lot of people that are excited about the prospect. I do bump into (especially in my industry) a few people that are obviously prejudiced but dress it up as "taking back control", and I find myself having to firmly state that my decision wasn't about immigration as they seem to believe that anyone who voted out did so for that reason. They harp on constantly about the Poles and Romanians etc. expecting bro-hugs of unity. They really have another think coming.

I have to be honest and say I am always irritated when I hear someone in a talk show saying the people of Britain were misled or a victim of fraud. I have my own mind and used it as did the others I know (with a few exceptions noted above) that voted out. I personally always thought the public must have been stoned, spellbound or stupid to have voted the tories in for 18 years. But they did as they did labour for the next decade or so which must have had the conservatives saying the same thing. People exercise their right to choose and those who chose differently just have to live with it.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2017, 01:31:36 PM »
second day into a H&S course  ::) ::)  sorry smokes  ;D ;D

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2017, 03:51:40 PM »
second day into a H&S course  ::) ::)  sorry smokes  ;D ;D

I wonder if the HSE has any plans to water down some of the stifling regulation. I mean, you can shop on Oxford street but you can't sweep it without ear protection. Actually, you're breaking rules if you breathe there due to the pollutant particles thingamajig.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2017, 12:05:41 AM »
all gone mad

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2017, 10:56:39 AM »
looking at some of the H&S reg this week, Teresa wants to "cut the red tape"
kids up the chimneys again  ;D ;D ;D ;D

whoops and as christ said common sense should be used

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2017, 02:10:02 PM »
It is maddening that (in my experience) all courses, and all senior HSE folk, insist that the rules aren't mad, it is the application of them: if "common sense" were to be used in conjunction with the rules then the whole system may work.

Unfortunately common sense is not applicable to middle management or lawyers, nor to the great unwashed public who are always looking for someone else to blame for their own stupidity - this creates a perfect storm: someone has a totally avoidable accident that was almost wholly their own fault, calls a lawyer who smells the gravy train and sues: if the middle managers haven't slavishly followed all of the regulation a judge/ jury may find them liable. They shouldn't, but they may.

I used to be a health and safety officer in Brent - or more precisely, for Brent Cross Shopping Centre. The vast majority of infringements were for tripping hazards which could have very easily been avoided. Some of the more serious breaches were the blocking of fire exits which was rife as stores needed more storage that was close to the shop floor. There was already regulation for this but rather then the EU sending over more and more directives on how things should operate, they should have simply said that there should be a complete abolition of 'bungs' and there would have never been an incident again.

@ goldie - those images are class!

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2017, 12:56:20 AM »
an old tutor collected from around the world, hilarious to say the least.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2017, 05:04:46 AM »
well brexit is still up in the air
whens the next vote

by the by there are some great cartoons available to view  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2017, 09:52:16 AM »
Jesus, it's like Mrs. May thinks Europe doesn't have the internet. Like she thinks maggie didn't get enough hate, and she better catch up.

Now I despised Clinton, but voted for her out of fear of the reality show we all now must suffer through, and no network can cancel.

Is May a bless'ed scapegoat? Or is she this bless'ed dumb? It's like the pig corpsefucker left her notes to make him look - - can't say good, so, less bad?

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2017, 03:56:30 PM »
Jesus, it's like Mrs. May thinks Europe doesn't have the internet. Like she thinks maggie didn't get enough hate, and she better catch up.

Now I despised Clinton, but voted for her out of fear of the reality show we all now must suffer through, and no network can cancel.

Is May a bless'ed scapegoat? Or is she this bless'ed dumb? It's like the pig corpsefucker left her notes to make him look - - can't say good, so, less bad?

There isn't any real comparison with May and Thatcher - or May and anyone really - as she's pretty much invisible. Most don't like or hate her these days, we all just seem to be waiting for her to disappear like Dave whatshisname.

It's all a bit boring truth be told. Bring back the Faridge I say!

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2020, 01:32:33 PM »
I'm curious: can the U.K still call it vegan cheese?