Author Topic: Pulp Fiction.  (Read 3203 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Pulp Fiction.
« on: November 06, 2016, 03:23:15 PM »
I've had the soundtrack to pulp fiction in rotation for years. As annoying as tarantino can be, the man has an ear (pun intended) for badass sound. I used to have all the osts, but my external died, so it's just the cd version of pulp.

Today I was evaluating and disqualifying foreman grills, because the one I have is a bit long in the tooth.

No joy there, but they had pulp for a dollar. So it goes in the library with dogs and kill bill. It also came with some ultraviolet poo, but I'm not messing with that for now.

And of course, I made the joke about the 10 cent label on the front. Clerk stared at me vacantly. It wasn't the disdain I gave customers who said "there's no price on it so it's free!"

She honestly just didn't get why there was a 10 cent sticker on the front of the dvd, since they charge a dollar.

So I paid the dollar and felt bad for confusing someone with a disability. poo.

Come to think of it, she probably should have charged me tax there. Oh well, cash transaction.

One thing that bugged me, most TV seasons are $3.99, but they've jacked all the season two sets to $7.99. You're not THAT clever goodwill. And you're not my pusherman.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: Pulp Fiction.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 06:14:51 AM »
Goodwill overcharges for pretty much anything and that is from the perspective of what you can get many of the same items for in used condition on amazon or elsewhere.  I used to love that store but now only pop in a couple times a year out of curiosity.  There is a smell of cheap fabric softener that pervades the place.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 09:09:34 AM »
Their employees are pissed about the raised prices, because everyone lets them know, and they all share that same nugget of wisdom that goodwill gets their product for free.

I emailled them about this, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm just pissed when they sell broken controllers, or mark an original playstation, with rusted ports up from $6 to $20 because some politician in the back thinks he's clever.

I'm actually gonna drop nine bucks when I wake up again, they've got liberty city stories and vice city stories on ps2. My uncle stole my copies for his boyfriend. Actually, he stole every game but ncaa football 06. And who the golly wants to play that?

Actually, I know why I bought that. On the xbox you could run a simulated game, football on demand!

The ps2 version did not have the feature I bought it for.

And this has nothing to do withn Pulp fiction.

We have a Kahuna burger in imperial beach, I'm pretty sure it's a front, I went there for my birthday once and they put sprouts on my burger. It was $10. And hapf the booths in the place were busted.

Now, call me crazy, but the movie made me think big kahuna was a chain. Maybe a small chain, like Angelo's, where they have like five locations and serve beer, but still, sprouts? Nah. Even a slice of pineapple would be pushing it. In film, it kinda looked like mcdonalds without sesame seeds. And we all know Vincent's take on Mcdonalds. Even in France.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 04:34:07 PM »
I went to two hamburger chains in Paris:  WhataBurger ( a french chain) and Burger King.  I don't eat red meat, so I ordered fries.  They were fine but I do remember thinking it ridiculous that I had to pay for the little packets of ketchup at BK.  WTF?

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 02:34:22 PM »
From what I've read, the french corporate naffs want you to think american burger chains are a premium experience, rather than somewhere along the road where you just say "golly it, I guess I'll eat here". Hence, cowpoo over ketchup packets.

I've heard stories of people being removed from mcdonalds paris by bouncers and getting the poo kicked out of them.

I put France and Italy in the same box. I'm sure they are lovely, but I have no desire to ever go there.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 09:51:12 PM »
They're both full of cities and buildings that are gorgeous to look at and they have great food.  I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 02:22:49 AM »
I bent up and bought it again. :(