Author Topic: Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  (Read 3544 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
« on: March 11, 2017, 12:06:55 AM »
I was reading earlier that it's been 20 years since Buffy the Vampire Slayer premiered on the WB.

Makes me feel old. A lot of the pop culture references are dated now, but back then they were on point.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 03:56:55 PM »
BtVS Season 1 was the first boxed set of DVDs I ever bought.

I was still firmly in VHS land back then.

I really used to like the show but never took to Angel - either as a character or the spin-off series.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 11:05:14 PM »
I never warmed to the series.  How to surpass that wonderful movie?

Someone just gave me several seasons of boxed dvds of that show.  I guess I'll give it a try.  People regularly give away DVDs now.  Like they're too lazy to use their players and just stream everything now.  Fine by me.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 08:03:38 PM by 6pairsofshoes »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 11:11:41 PM »
Attack of Necromancy!

The show was supposed to stream for free on Facebook, but they screwed it all up, unless they only licensed it for one week. Either way, the playlist is empty now, and there is no tech support.

Angel and Firefly were also supposed to be up on this "Facebook Watch" service, but it doesn't work at all.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 01:42:06 PM »
They're trying to take on twitch. Everyone wants the money that twitch is raking in. They even sell it as "Do a watch party with your friends".

It doesn't work at all. Tried mobile, tried desktop, tried lying on the desktop to make it think I was mobile, tried different browsers.

It doesn't work at all.

Getting the entire series of Firefly isn't that hard, I see it in resale shops a lot. It's just the one season.

Update: Works in chrome today.

Interesting thing. There is a throwaway joke about spiders not being as scary as Nazi's, unless it's Nazi's crawling over your face. Later in that episode, there are swastika's painted on the wall, but the nightmare creature turns out to be... a clown. Maybe the network told them to turn it down a bit?

Either way the clown get's KO'd, so that was nice.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 09:04:05 PM by 8ullfrog »