Author Topic: Jessica Jones.  (Read 2617 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Jessica Jones.
« on: April 05, 2017, 06:57:57 PM »
I just watched through this extremely dark netflix series on my tablet, for some reason  my chromecast refused to cast it.

I very much enjoyed the show, but watching it all at once was brutal.

Standout lines include "How do you deal with it? It's called whiskey" and "I hear talking about it helps. Well, that and Jogging, two things my body hates."

The mood whiplash is insane. Every time I wanted to laugh at something Killgrave did, I was instantly reminded just how horrible he is, something the series never shied away from.

I don't like the idea of the ensemble show "The Defenders" because I fear it will water down an incredible series, and I honestly don't give a poo about iron fist. Never did, really.

Only nitpick I really had was in her teenage bedroom she had a g3 imac, but it turns out I was wrong, and you could get one in 1999.

I am left wondering if someone with Killgrave's powers could be a hero, or if it would doom someone to be a self serving sociopath.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
Re: Jessica Jones.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 07:44:34 PM »
In the comics, Kilgrave's daughter (from a marriage he forced his "wife" into) was a member of Beta Flight, the training team of the Canadian super hero team Alpha Flight.  She had the same power as Kilgrave.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persuasion_(comics)
--dweez

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 10:29:21 PM »
One thing I liked about the series was that, aside from Jessica herself, empowerment is not treated as OSHA violations, as in comics. Him not walking around as a california raisin made Killgrave all the more scary. Aside from the accent, he'd be easy to forget.

And I liked how they treated empowerment as a real world thing, jokes about laser eyes aside. Jones isn't dealing with a stupid blockbuster style evil where london gets wiped off the map for shits and giggles, however it is a world that exists post avengers movie, there is even blowback from that, despite the fact that Jessica had nothing to do with it.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 02:17:06 PM »
This is now definitely on my todo list.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 09:58:16 PM »
Luke cage was great