Author Topic: S5 headies.  (Read 5432 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
S5 headies.
« on: July 25, 2018, 06:09:26 AM »
I unboxed my old thunderbolt to transfer music over to my S5. Also led to me cutting my S5 earbuds out of their plastic sack.

Still don't like earbuds, but the S5 earbuds kick the ever-living poo out of $65 dollar Sennheiser HD 205's. Like CRAZY kicks the poo out of them.

I used to wear ANCIENT bose QC's, and these buds are better.

I couldn't afford Sennheiser 285's or 290's, which is what I wanted. Felt bad settling for 205's, and that was the best I had the money for at the time.

The S5 earbuds made me cry.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: S5 headies.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 10:13:57 AM »
I find earbuds generally uncomfortable.  For computer listening, I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 497s.  I have to keep replacing the ear pads, but I've had them for many years and they're relatively comfortable, & sound great.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 03:19:06 PM »
I bought some mpow bluetooth headphones designed for jogging. This is so I can now listen to stuff in stereo while I work and answer calls without having to handle my phone.

I found the quality and fit to be extremely good for such a cheap product, but like all earbuds, unless you push them tight into your ear you invariably lose at least 30% of the music.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 04:34:57 PM »
I (surprise, surprise) use AirPods. They are brilliant. They are essentially immovable once inserted, and you can talk to the damn things.

(Disclaimer: I have the tinnest tin ear ever invented: I can't tell the difference between vinyl, an 8-bit mp3 and a CD, so I have no idea what the quality is like)

What's that you say?

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 05:19:32 AM »
Hey, Grandpa, I got some of those airpods for Christmas, and they have very good sound, and I also like that I can talk on my phone with them, but I keep forgetting to use them.  DOH!  I plugged them in to charge and then plumb forgot about them.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 05:09:41 PM »
I say:

You were one step away from Foghorn J. Leghorn, right there.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 07:14:19 PM »
I never got into the wireless headphone thing, just another item that needs charging.

I never actually bothered checking to see how much faster bluetooth headphones drain a phone, but I think my mom used her LG bluetooth headset three times.

At $90, that's $30 per use. Not exactly cost effective.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 03:19:11 PM »
I never got into the wireless headphone thing, just another item that needs charging.

I never actually bothered checking to see how much faster bluetooth headphones drain a phone, but I think my mom used her LG bluetooth headset three times.

At $90, that's $30 per use. Not exactly cost effective.

I wear a Jabra bluetooth headset all day, every day. The headset runs out of power each day, but my phone is hardly touched by it.

For me it's an absolute must as it allows me to carry on working whilst taking calls.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2018, 12:51:25 AM »
personally i use in-ear Beyerdynamic DX120iE which I love, have a old pair of philips somewhere for general use and a very old pair of over the ear Beyerdynamic which i cannot even remember the model of for movies etc etc.
dont like bluetooth headphones in any sort