Author Topic: Vote.  (Read 2368 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Vote.
« on: November 06, 2018, 09:55:13 PM »
When I posted about radio free sealab earlier, I mentioned the ads on dailymotion were annoying as feck.

The ads were for prop 10. I voted for it, it did not pass. It's housing for low income, and low income housing in San Diego is similar to a bucket of eternal candy. It will never happen.

We had a two sided, two page ballot, for a total of four pages of vote items. I skipped the judges for the most part, as it's opaque to the average person.

There were a lot of bond measures, I voted against them on principal, bonds are NOT free money. That prop 10 though, hurts. A lot of people would rather poor people just, not exist.

And it hurts, knowing that some people would rather I not exist.

To quote a meme, Orange man bad. And to go further, Orange man ideals worse.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: Vote.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 12:11:20 AM »
We also voted for Prop 10.  Sad to see it not pass.  They had some convincing old lady on the commercials talking about how evil it was.  I would have listened to her if I hadn't taken the time to educate myself about it.  We get these thick booklets from the League of Women voters that have detailed breakdowns of the proposed propositions and pro and con arguments as well as the fiscal impact.

I tend to vote for things like housing for homeless and the mentally ill because they need it.  We had 4 pages, two sided.  That made for a fat envelope.  My husband took them to a drop box so we saved a couple bucks in postage.  The judges are also goofy to me.  You either say yes, appoint this person or no, don't.  WTF do I know about these individual judges and their relative suitability?  It's not as if they give us tons of info about them.  It's the only part I refrained from completing.

Oddly I didn't see ads with Sealab as I run an adblocker and it must be effective.    Who knew?