Author Topic: Subnautica: Free on Epic Game Store.  (Read 4261 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Subnautica: Free on Epic Game Store.
« on: December 14, 2018, 11:31:02 PM »
I think this is the name they're going with? Anyway, Epic is the latest publisher to look at steam and think they're the guy to bring down Netflix. Er, STEAM. Whatever, let's get on to the freebie!

I still haven't played Company of Heroes, so I feel like I'm insulting Relic and Sega here, but I'm not gonna pass this up. Subnautica was one of those "Someday" games for me, like Kerbal Space Program. I think Kerbal should be around Goat Simulator pricing, Private Division thinks it's worth $39.99. I'm not disagreeing, I'm just saying I'm not buying it at that price point.

Free though? That perks my ears up. Here's the link: https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/install/subnautica

It's free until DEC 27, 2018.

Review: WOW, this is not the game I was expecting. This game is freakin' tense! Also I got killed by a friggin' manatee. I know the real ones can crush you, but this one shits a gas that ate my face off.

I even chose the casual mode! I'm not a a fan of super survival games, but they sure do seem popular. I always thought Hardcore mode in new vegas was a load of brahmin dung. I've had trouble feeding myself, to comedic and traumatic effect, as seen in the food board!

The robot aid lady is about as warm as GlaDos was. At least GlaDos showed contempt, this tablet inhabiting jerk only tells you stuff after you yourself have already discovered it!

« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 01:32:05 AM by 8ullfrog »

Offline Alfonz

• Homo Erectus
Re: Subnautica: Free on Epic Game Store.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 11:27:04 AM »
Thanks, have it installed now but I'll have to play a little later.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Re: Subnautica: Free on Epic Game Store.
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 10:08:28 PM »
For free, I am deeply impressed.