Author Topic: Vodka fries.  (Read 3116 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Vodka fries.
« on: January 18, 2019, 05:44:35 PM »
Mom bought Vodka sauce, and asked what went well with it. That jogged my memory about vodka fries, which my Aunt ordered as a side when getting dinners delivered.

Bing just pulls up FRIS VODKA, and the rest of the search results were garbage.
Google was much the same, but I did find these entries:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g46498-d3452376-i118068001-Pizza_One-Haskell_New_Jersey.html

and

https://mammamiapizzagf.com/menu/appetizers/french-fries-w-vodka-sauce/

Other than that, it's like Captain Kirk asking the robot to define love. I always thought it would be funny if the robot read the dictionary definition and ray gunned kirk like in Mars Attacks, but Shatner was the hero.

Anyway, aside from artery death, I think I'll try the "recipe" from that first link.

[Update]

Gina Rispoli Vodka sauce.

And the recipe:

Purchase Bag of fries, follow instructions on bag. I baked em. Flat fries are probably best for these.
Purchase jar of Gina Rispoli Vodka sauce, heat that up
Purchase shredded mozerella, because grating it is a pain in the ass.

Pour generous but not insane amount of sauce over the fries. We're not making a soup here.

Sprinkle the cheese over the top, heat a bit more if it needs it, but it shouldn't.

Consume.

Go into carb coma. Groan loudly.

Take walk, knowing that it can in no way offset the massive amount of calories you just ate.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 10:46:25 PM by 8ullfrog »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: Vodka fries.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 01:31:12 AM »
Did you ever try gnocchi?  There are potato gnocchi.  Delicious pasta dumplings made with potatoes.  You can put the sauce on those.  I have some in the cupboard and I've been trying to figure out what to do with them.  Probably a spicy tomato based sauce of some sort.  I've never had vodka based pasta sauce but I've seen multiple versions of it sold around here.

You guys really do get up some creative recipes.  It's entertaining to read about them.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 02:45:15 AM »
Er, no vodka in vodka sauce, it's more a marinara with a boat load of cheese mixed in, but it's not stringy.

I didn't come up with the recipe, I stole it from that website. :P

Other good pairings for vodka sauce would be Penne pasta and/or Chicken. I'm not a huge fan of poultry, but if you cooked it right, the sauce makes for a great dinner.

I'd probably go for a darker sauce with the gnocchi.

Funny enough, we were going to have chili, but mom wanted to put avocado in it. I told her the chili would absolutely murder the flavor of the avocado, so she changed her mind, holding up the jar.

So, Vodka fries.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 06:25:58 AM »
I've seen jars of vodka sauce and never bothered to read the ingredients, since the name suggested a main ingredient that my husband does not consume.  Did not realize there was no vodka in it.  It does look cheesy, now that you mention it.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 11:36:31 PM »
Well with this particular dish, you also drown it in shredded cheese. But you don't have to.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 01:03:52 AM »
never heard / seen Vodka sauce. Love chilli sauce but not Vodka  ??? ???
If you have a slow cooker try a joint of pork and Guinness very nice

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2019, 07:07:32 PM »
I took a long walk today.  It started raining.  I popped into the greengrocer for some lettuce for salad tonight but then got a hankering for some good crusty bread.  The local French bakery was open.  I got a baguette and a small kalamata olive petit pain.  I don't really know what I'll do about dinner but I ripped off a piece of that baguette and slathered some cold butter on it.

Kind of like vodka fries but simpler.  Fat & carbohydrates.  Yum.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 04:53:35 AM »
I used the rest of the sauce over chicken nuggets and dropped some more shredded cheese on it.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2019, 01:02:05 PM »
That sounds good, although not ideal diet food.