Author Topic: What are you eating / What did you eat.  (Read 62228 times)

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
Re: What are you eating / What did you eat.
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2019, 07:08:05 PM »
Benihanas frozen meals were on sale so I bought one. Just finished it off. What's the big deal? I know some people who go crazy over Benihanas. I've never gone because I was never thrilled to sit at same table as strangers. Anyway, I'm sure I'll never go now.  >:(

*And it gave me a tummy ache.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 07:32:44 PM by Schmoogsley »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2019, 08:56:52 PM »
I don't get Benihanas.  Is that the Japanese place where the cook throws food at you?

I don't mind eating with strangers.  Not one bit.

In Europe, it's often the case that you share tables with other customers.  You meet some interesting people that way.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2019, 09:51:53 PM »
jup, never been myself, sounds good.

Binging with Babbish showed me my favorite burger is smash style, and I really do appreciate that. Specifically, he did a big kahuna burger episode.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2019, 10:10:51 PM »
Ok, I had to google 'smash burger' AND 'Binging w/Baddish'. Smash burger looks similar to how Steak n Shake cooks their burgers. I always liked Steak n Shake burgers. They also have the best shakes. I normally cook my burgers on the grill, so, smash style might not work for that. Next time I fry them up on the griddle, I will try this method.

Hmmm, Binging w/Baddish looks like a good YouTube channel. I shall add to favorites and start checking out his vids. 

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2019, 10:41:59 PM »
oh, he does the garbage, and then he makes it fancy.

Specifically, I'd say check out the big kahuna burger!

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2019, 05:10:26 PM »
I don't mind eating with strangers.  Not one bit.
It's not something I'm proud of.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2019, 11:10:21 AM »
I was just thinking, you appear to be completely comfortable talking to this small group of people whom you've never met in real life.  How is that different from sitting at a table next to them?  I mean, other than the simple fact of being physically present?

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2019, 06:58:19 AM »
lol, yeah, that's pretty much the case the past 4 months.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2019, 12:21:11 AM »
It's ridiculously hot here so I'm breaking out the hot weather cocktails.  Tonight, Ricard with cold water and ice.  For some reason anise flavored liqueurs are popular in Europe and especially refreshing when the weather is hot.  Sambucca, Ouzo, Pernod, Ricard.  I think maybe the latter were formulated to replace absinthe when it was outlawed.

I ran out of Campari yesterday.  That's on my shopping list next time I go to Costco.  I love bitters.

Do they have big box stores like that (Costco, Sam's Club) in the UK?

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2019, 06:35:36 PM »
I've been doing pretty bad. Doctor changed my meds, but I've been spending most of my time in bed.

Today to cheer me up, mom got me a Jersey Mike sub, the #9. It's good. Their website is pretty good for getting a look at what you'll get, and I had $4 on an old giftcard.  Not the cheapest, but it did raise my spirits a bit.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2019, 07:56:29 PM »
Well, I've noticed you've been inactive lately. I'm doing much better physically. Mentally? Up and down. Being idle for 4 months has been tough. Can't wait to get back to work next week.

Jersey Mike's Subs? Hmmm, never heard of them, but, just googled and noticed there's one 4 miles from me. I'll have to check them out. So far, Firehouse Subs is my favorite.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2019, 11:38:54 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about the adjustment of your meds being such a drag to get used to.  Can the doc tweak the prescriptions a bit? 

I'm glad that you had a decent sandwich.    Food can do a lot to elevate a mood.  We had Aidell's chicken sausage for dinner with some rice and sauteed orange bell pepper.  It was good and I didn't have to cook it.

I'm sitting here waiting for the effects of dilating eyedrops to wear off.  There's problems with my vision that the opthamologist seems to think putting drops in my eyes and shining bright lights into them will help her figure out.  So far, they have no idea.  Not good.  But I always get a headache from this. I just don't want my vision to get worse and until they figure out why I'm sort of stuck with all these unpleasant tests.  It's pretty weird to sit in your living room wearing sunglasses like you're an extra from the cast of the Addams family or something.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2019, 04:31:24 AM »
Well, we three are a mess, aren't we? lol Well, I'm pretty much healed up so no more complaining from me. Hope you 2 get better soon. They said my wrist could take a year and a half to completely heal up, but, it's good to go until I try to do something major with it. Just gotta use caution. Did I already mention this? Sorry if I did, I'm gettin old ya know? Did I already mention this as well?

Sitting, having my first cup of joe & toast.   Watching the local news. Oh goody, the Strawberry Festival is this weekend. :)  (Don't narc to my old drinking buddies about my tea totalling activities)
I used to attend fests like the Irish Fest.   I was also a member of an Irish Drinking Club. I'm a boring old fart now. That's ok. It's nice to enjoy the simple things in life.

*Check this out: They posted a video on the news here of a guy, who walked into a pizza joint and asked to use their phone to make an emergency call. The little prick instead call forwarded their calls to his cell phone to apparently steal peoples credit/debit card numbers. lol Gotta admire that guy's balls.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 04:40:48 AM by Schmoogsley »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2019, 10:03:35 AM »
Dave's killer bread toasted with some homemade quince jelly and a cup of earl grey.

The nerve of some people who take advantage of others' kindness to further his own gains.  What a jerk.

In Brasil they make this stuff called Suco do morango, Juice of strawberry.  It's strawberry, ice, milk, and a little sugar thrown into a blender.  Delicious.  They also have great sandwich shops, churrascurias with super grilled meat and different varieties of fried potatoes, and the juice bars are amazing in the variety of tropical fruits available.  I had acerola berries mixed in with other juices.  Strange stuff, green cashew juice, passion fruit juice, what a place.  Sad that they've elected their own little petty dictator, the local equivalent of Trump.  One marvels at the stupidity of people and their ability to vote against their own interests.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2019, 10:44:53 AM »
OMG, there is a Brazilian steakhouse here called 'Fogo de Chão Brazilian Steakhouse'. I LOVE that place. Haven't been there in over a decade. They are kinda pricey, so, it's a place you go to every few years. Like St. Elmo's. Man, haven't been there in a long time either. Last time I was there, Peyton Manning walked in with about 20 people. lol  Was kinda cool. Not a good place to take a date because they allow cigars. Unless your date likes to smoke cigars. What say you Six? Do you enjoy a good stogie every now and then?

I haven't bought Dave's Killer Bread in awhile either. There is one variety of his I really liked. Wish I could remember.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 12:45:49 PM by Schmoogsley »