Author Topic: What are you eating / What did you eat.  (Read 62249 times)

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: What are you eating / What did you eat.
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2019, 08:43:06 PM »
It depends where you are.  There are plenty of beaches in Delaware and Maryland that are owned by the state and don't require an admission fee.  Same with Massachussetts. 

But the water is dark, yes.  In MD it was sort of brownish green, most likely due to algae.  In Florida, it's much clearer.  It's dark up north (MA, ME, NH) but also clear.  I remember looking down and seeing starfish on the floor of the harbor at Marblehead.  I think the water takes on the color of the sky sometimes, too.  I never tire of looking at it.  We like to go to the sea anytime we get a free day.  It's soothing.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2019, 10:38:32 PM »
Sad wannabe Rueben.

Essentially the same thing as the late night ham sandwich, but substitute lame ass square bread for those yummy rolls,
Pastrami in place of the ham, Provolone in place of the swiss, and I didn't have any thousand island. :(

I never realized how important the Thousand Island is in a Rueben. That sandwich was a pale imitation of something so much more tasty. Eh, at least I had all those ingredients on hand.

Still hate the bread and butter pickle chips, they're like pepsi.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2019, 12:35:13 AM »

Thanks for the suggestion.  All I can manage is the link to the image, but not the image itself.  They've all been triple washed and smashed or frozen now.  For some reason, I feel a FatBoy Slim song coming on.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 07:05:25 PM by 6pairsofshoes »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2019, 12:41:51 AM »
I need to repack all my stuff, and that picture gives me anxiety at how well you lined everything up. You'd be a tetris champ.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2019, 12:46:00 AM »
I moved a lot in school and had to pack lots of books so I had to master the topology of fitting things together economically.

I love Tetris.

BTW, why do you have to repack all your stuff?  Housecleaning or moving?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 12:48:13 AM by 6pairsofshoes »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2019, 12:51:17 AM »
I feel jammed in. The apartment is pretty small to begin with. We don't really use the dining room because it's full of Rubbermaid boxes.

I honestly should have done this before we moved... four years ago. yikes. I have emptied about four of them so far, but some of the stuff I have will get crushed unless I set up some sort of frame around them. I've been thinking of buying those little shelf things for desks just to use them as dividers.

We used to have a shed, so the problem was much easier to ignore.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2019, 07:06:06 PM »
Replace the dl=0 in the link with raw=1, (and use img tags not link tags) and the link will magically turn into a picture:

Thank you, kind Sir.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2019, 11:05:22 PM »
So I spiced up a bunch of meat to add to a box of mac & cheese because the mommy bloggers neutered the crap out of the neon orange.

That traffic cone orange was vital to let you know you'd properly spread the cheese powder!

Anyway, I noticed that the spatula was fighting me, making the cooking process entirely more difficult than it ever should be.

I tossed that politician in the garbage. You should never have to fight your own tools. They are there to help YOU.

More of the spice burned off than I would have liked, feels like a portion was just flat out wasted by that flipper.

The additions are nothing fancy. Paprika, cayenne, chili powder, garlic powder. I did load some L&P over the meat because of how much there was in the pan, I need to split my meat up into smaller bags when I *gasp* freeze it.

I did have some left over burrito meat with onion from a few days ago, so I tossed that in. I'm in a bad mood today, Onion chopping would make it worse.

Like all the videos that say "Just lurn it, hue hue hue"  Chopping onions sucks. I don't care how surgical your technique, I don't care if you're using a mono-molecular edge. It SUCKS.

Resulting product is as predicted underwhelming, but I'm not going to up the calorie content 100-200 calories just to add cheese. I guess I could drown the remainder in hot sauce.

OH! Mom made BLT's the other day. Sans lettuce, sans tomato.

So here's her recipe.

1. Open bag of bread, pull two slices.
2. Spread mayonnaise on ONE SIDE of bread.
3.Cook bacon
4. Disable smoke alarm you always forget to disable
5. turn on the stove vent fan that should have been on already
6. add bacon to bread.
7. Close bread (Sandwich and bag if you didn't before)
8. Serve.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 11:08:40 PM by 8ullfrog »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2019, 02:18:21 PM »
Cold seltzer and some smoked almonds.  It's hot and humid here.  There are lizards running around and mosquitoes.

There was a handsome exotic cockroach in the bathroom last night.  I couldn't bring myself to dispatch it.

The ocean is so blue, but there is Sahara desert sand clouding the humid skies.  This is an unusual place.  I'm looking forward to some island barbequed chicken.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2019, 12:25:53 AM »
toast

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2019, 02:12:01 AM »
Nothing wrong with toast. I had oatmeal for dinner simply because it's hot as all get out and I'm not cooking anything tonight.

I didn't post it the other night because I didn't want all the posts to be by me, but I took that not so great meat, hit it with spaghetti sauce and it turned into halfway decent sloppy joes. Sometimes solutions are right in front of you.

I have occasional fridge blindness, I'll scan right past ketchup several times before I find it. No clue why.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #101 on: September 03, 2019, 11:44:52 PM »
This one is pretty pathetic. Wouldn't blame ye if you flame me.

Chicken nuggets. With Peri-Peri.

Honestly, it was a horrible idea. I was on the phone! But mom offered, and I said thank you.

I'm still feeling the pain, five hours later. I got a hiccup on the call.

Still, it was very good. But only for the spice lords. As a regular eat? Not recommended.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2019, 08:16:29 PM »
Salad.  Third night in a row.  The tomatoes are coming on and I throw in a diced apple to give it a little more body.  Vinaigrette.  I usually have a little cheese and crackers with it.  It doesn't take much prep time once you wash the lettuce.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2019, 08:29:20 PM »
My mom is using this lemon something vinaigrette, I despise it. I imagine if lemon pledge were edible, it would taste like this crap.

Zesty lime vinaigrette, Kraft.

I wanted to make burritos, too hot. I got this meat that needs cooking, and the sun is like "Eat poo buddy, better do takeout, because I'm using your apartment as an oven"

I finally joined reddit, and was heavily downvoted for saying sometimes I leave takeout pizza in the oven. Like I know I'm violating all the food safety rules and all that, but it's my oven.

Apparently this is one of those underhand overhand toilet paper things, people want to burn you at the stake for not having the correct opinion.

I'm also at like, half mental capacity. Heat sucks.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2019, 08:36:09 PM »
I got some kind of citrus vinaigrette version of Newman's Own salad dressing at the Grocery Outlet once.  It was hard to choke that stuff down.  Nasty. 

I get it being too hot to cook.  I think the cheese in the pizza and the meat might be a problem if you leave it in the oven at a temp lower than 160 F.  I'd expect that in your situation, it might be a relief to eat it out of the fridge.  But to each his own.  As long as you don't get sick, who cares?