Author Topic: Catfish Delivery:  (Read 2923 times)

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
Catfish Delivery:
« on: April 29, 2019, 09:19:33 PM »
Just ate a catfish fillet dinner I ordered delivery (DoorDash). Goddamn that was good. Never ordered from them before. They are on the other side. lol I live right on the line; west of me is suburbia, east of me is the hood. They are in the hood. The hood is also where I like to get BBQ. People talk about that one place, City BBQ I think it's called, west of me. They are ok. People who say they are great have never had good BBQ. Good BBQ comes from the hood. So let it be written.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
Re: Catfish Delivery:
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 09:29:47 PM »
I don't feel so good.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 09:42:47 PM »
Well, DoorDash is hated by a lot of places, and their drivers are known to tamper with food (WHY THE golly WOULD YOU MESS WITH FOOD YOU ARE BEING PAID TO DELIVER?)

Hack in the box pushes doordash in most of their ads, but they're in walking distance.

Fish makes me puke no matter how it's prepared, but I've heard freshness is super important. And guess what the first step of a cheapass manager? massaging the freshness date.

Oh, and not giving out napkins or condiments. It's like they don't even want to work in food.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 09:48:12 PM »
Yeah, well, it's not the first stupid thing I've done. Won't be the last either.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 09:52:11 PM »
for we are the champions.

Your avatar is now working... here.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 09:59:09 PM »
Well, I should have taken your advice from the start. I can be so stubborn sometimes. I hate to lose. I bless'ed HATE Google and Photobucket. 

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2019, 11:59:59 PM »
huh, working over there as well.

Can't say I care for imgur as a company, but if it works, it works.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2019, 12:04:49 AM »
I've never used DoorDash.  We rarely get delivery here.  The restaurants are so close that it's silly to have an intermediary deliver.  Delivery food is usually not as good as what you get in the restaurant anyway.

When I lived in Manhattan, I used to order from Ollie's Noodle Shop two blocks away.  That was decadent.  Sometimes it made sense, but usually I walked over there and picked it up.  I don't know if it survived the yupping up of the upper West Side, though.   So many businesses I used to frequent have closed.    There was a hole in the wall, Broadway Hot Bagels, I think it was called.  They were open 24 hours a day.  They were on the east side of B-way between 110th and 111th, if memory serves, not far from the Westside Market.

If you don't live on top of those places, though, it makes sense to hire someone to bring it to you.  But given what those people get paid, I don't know if they're to be trusted.  Sorry for your catfish experience.  Good fried catfish can be delicious.  Last time I had some I caught it myself, so it's been a while.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2019, 12:12:16 AM »
No excuses really. There are a poo ton of places around me. Sometimes I just don't feel like heading into the hood. I almost never eat fried food. I'm sure that's what's not agreeing with me. Well, no more pain. It's past the stomach and into the intestines. So now I'm dealing with that. lol  :-[