Author Topic: Whats on your summer vacation calendar?  (Read 14473 times)

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: Whats on your summer vacation calendar?
« Reply #165 on: September 16, 2019, 04:21:11 AM »
Pah. Girls are easy.

(Young Ladies - pronounced Lay-deez, on the other hand, are a nightmare. Good Luck)

I'm sworn to take the lass to Tokyo in April as she is quite a promising amine artist (and most other illustration mediums).

ATMs shell out less wonga than I do.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Online 8ullfrog

• Human
« Reply #166 on: September 16, 2019, 04:39:36 AM »
I figure with art, the suppliers know they have you over a barrel.

I even tried searching with terms like bulk and business. In my case, it's mom, she likes doing art with markers. Cool, I'm down, we've got budget for that.

So I found her some fine tip markers. 60 of em for 10.99.

Shipping is six dollars. She did not like this. Fine, we need to add $15 more crap to get free shipping.

But she vetoes everything.

I figure, with art supplies, they know it's passion, they bend you over a barrel. But if it's a business expense, it's just a project that needs to be executed, or whatever. business person will pay absolute minimum bulk pricing, and not a penny more! (I do not know how to make such an argument to amazon)

I don't really understand how an actual trip to japan would expand horizons, but hey, maybe the trip IS the lesson. You're not going to Kanto.

hah, shows what I know, I thought Kanto was a fictional region of pokemon, nope, it's a real place in Japan. And Tokyo is in it, you really CAN go to Kanto.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 04:42:11 AM by 8ullfrog »
just one little time change so a draft board in 1968 turns down the bribe to accept "bone spurs" and we are home-free.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #167 on: September 16, 2019, 09:29:52 AM »
I figure with art, the suppliers know they have you over a barrel.

I even tried searching with terms like bulk and business. In my case, it's mom, she likes doing art with markers. Cool, I'm down, we've got budget for that.

So I found her some fine tip markers. 60 of em for 10.99.

Shipping is six dollars. She did not like this. Fine, we need to add $15 more crap to get free shipping.

But she vetoes everything.

I figure, with art supplies, they know it's passion, they bend you over a barrel. But if it's a business expense, it's just a project that needs to be executed, or whatever. business person will pay absolute minimum bulk pricing, and not a penny more! (I do not know how to make such an argument to amazon)

I don't really understand how an actual trip to japan would expand horizons, but hey, maybe the trip IS the lesson. You're not going to Kanto.

hah, shows what I know, I thought Kanto was a fictional region of pokemon, nope, it's a real place in Japan. And Tokyo is in it, you really CAN go to Kanto.

It's more than just an interest in their art. She's taken to study the language by her own steam and wants to immerse herself in the culture (food, art, flora, boys etc) which is as popular as it's ever been with the youth here (girls especially).

As for art supplies: she wants a full set of Copic markers to work with. Now they are eye wateringly expensive!

"Take", not "send"? Do I detect an ulterior motive?

She's 13. She isn't leaving my side until she through with the convent.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.