Author Topic: Zorg ZF-1  (Read 2279 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Zorg ZF-1
« on: July 25, 2019, 02:18:16 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/television/comments/chiujb/adam_savage_builds_gary_oldmans_fifth_element/?st=jyie1ojf&sh=0f18135b

I thought the gun was pretty fantastic, and the fact that they were completely shitbox duds when the baddies went to use them was a total subversion.

5th element is one of the most anti-American blockbusters I've ever seen, it mocks everything, and does so amazingly.

The Justin Hammer scene in Iron Man 2 was obviously ripping off Zorg.

Something I really like about this video is that it isn't the episode, so all the padding is ripped out and you just see the good bits. A half hour to hour of television, condensed down to a fantastic 5:45.

Seriously, someone needs the wrap it up box from Chapelle show, and just constantly wave it at adam savage. Or possibly, the DSC crew behind him. They gutted Discovery the same way as SciFi, didn't they?

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: Zorg ZF-1
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 02:27:25 AM »
I liked the Fifth Element a lot.  It's been years since I have seen it.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 02:36:00 AM »
I passed up on a collectors edition DVD a few months back and still deeply regret it. same thing with the TNG movie DVD's. That was like, a smorgasbord of someone like me dying, and me not managing the acquisition.

The definitive guide for calibrating my current television was done with the cab rescue scene.

Seriously, past me messing up.

I can hear that little madam whining - "They wanted 5.99 and DVD's are usually 1.99, I'm not going to reward that pricing model".

Then again, past me also scored a bitchin' deal on those Stargate Atlantis seasons, $5.99 instead of $10.99 because they're in standard case size unlike SG-1 that was in big golly off boxes.

So I guess future me better have a better eye out.

That being said, the day I went to see Fifth Element in the theater was one of the most unholy hot days I've ever experienced, and I regretted leaving the theater.

And I've camped in the desert.

A fine, fine film.

Luc Besson can eat poo though.

Offline kayos0826

• Australopithecus
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 08:37:42 AM »
just dont press the red button.....