Author Topic: Netflix : Another life - SPOILERS  (Read 3386 times)

Offline aelthric

• Australopithecus
Netflix : Another life - SPOILERS
« on: August 06, 2019, 04:11:08 PM »
Nothing to see here...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 08:57:26 PM by aelthric »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Re: Netflix : Another life - SPOILERS
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 05:40:53 PM »
Sounds about par with that Riddick movie she was in.

Gotta say, the writers on BSG did a hell of a job pulling emotion out of her, because I haven't seen any since.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 12:35:18 AM »
This sounds downright comical.  And here's what Wikipedia had to say about the critical reception:
Review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes gave the series a rating of 6%, based on 16 critics' reviews with an average score of 4.54/10. The website's consensus reads, "A hodgepodge of science fiction homage, Another Life lacks the distinctive spark necessary to set it apart from the array of stories it aspires to be."[12] Metacritic calculated an average score of 33 out of 100, based on 8 reviews, citing "generally unfavourable reviews".

If I were a betting person, I'd take odds on it not being renewed for a second season.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 10:48:17 AM »
I'm watching Stargate 1, lord help me, and there seems to be a similar lack of concern with contamination regarding alien environments and creatures in this program, too. 

I guess you just have to suspend disbelief to watch most of these shows.  Soon, I won't have time, so I guess this is how I unwind late at night when there's nothing better to watch.  I doubt I'd be exploring Another Life any time soon.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 11:45:47 AM »
Hah hah, that contamination thing is gonna bite them in the ass right quick. You'll see. Well, if you decide to continue the show.

They actually have a robot called the MALP they send through the stargate before any team goes through. It checks atmosphere, temperature, and many other variables. It of course, happens to fail on occasion, but it does it's treaded, robot-y best. Essentially, SG1 through SG20 visit the worlds that have been scouted by the MALP.

Sometimes they send a flying version through. UAV MALP. I think the UAV MALP is pretty neat.

Great CGI can't carry a show. if it did, actors would be out of a job.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019, 01:52:32 PM »
Ha.  Been there, done that.  I watched every gory episode of Earth: Final Conflict, hoping against hope it would stop sucking.  It never did.  That's a bunch of my life I won't get back.  I was watching The 100 until I finally gave up on the last season.  It was just too dull.

At least you can have the solace of knowing that we can learn from your mistake.