Author Topic: What's your favourite TV program of the moment?  (Read 348993 times)

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: What's your favourite TV program of the moment?
« Reply #1200 on: August 21, 2017, 10:48:39 AM »
The blue eyed baby is the child of Gilly and her sicko father Craster.  Swapped to save the offspring of Mance Rayder from the Red Priestess with her penchant for Kings' blood.  So Rayder's baby is with Sam and Gilly, now on a road trip after Sam got sick of the Masters giving him gruntwork and refusing to heal Ser Jorah.

That blue eyed baby is a hanging thread and I wonder if they're going to drag him back into the plot after he's had a little time to mature.  I also wonder how those white walkers got started.  They seem like Zombie Popsicles.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 10:50:18 AM by 6pairsofshoes »

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #1201 on: August 23, 2017, 04:59:52 AM »
What about the blacksmiths son ... that was kings son ?

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #1202 on: August 23, 2017, 11:39:06 AM »
and the annulment

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1203 on: August 23, 2017, 11:42:11 PM »
The blacksmith was Robert Baratheon's son.  I think he was secreted away to keep him from Cersei Lannister who would have good reasons for wanting him dead.  That goofy war hammer he's lugging around will probably do him in long before she gets her mitts on him.

The annulment--I think 8ully has the lowdown on that.  It's to do with Jon Snow being the legal son of Rhaegar and Ned Stark's sister Lyanna.  Have I got that right?  This means that he's the nephew of Danaerys, I suspect, but legal heir to whatever throne they pretend to.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1204 on: August 28, 2017, 01:21:00 AM »
Well that certainly was a season finale. Kinda feel like they couldn't decide who to kill off, and decided to just uncomfortably stretch the tension out.

Poor Visy, I'm still mad about that.

One thing that pleases me greatly, a lot of fanfic that reveals jon's parentage, he immediately accepts the poo name of Jaehaeys. Which sounds like a venereal disease.

I didn't bother with the books because he'll never finish the series, but I don't know if they've revealed his parentage or name there. I'm glad that shitty fanon got shot down though.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #1205 on: August 28, 2017, 07:12:18 PM »
Watched two seasons of a French cop show

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1206 on: August 30, 2017, 12:51:31 AM »

I didn't bother with the books because he'll never finish the series, but I don't know if they've revealed his parentage or name there. I'm glad that shitty fanon got shot down though.

I watched the show through the last season and then blasted through the books.  There's enough material there for everyone to write their own ending, but it would be nice if GRRM would complete this final installment.  I'm sort of sad that the season is over again.  So I'm back to American Gods, about to finish season 1 of that and then I'll be looking for something else to watch.

I liked Epitafios (HBO Latino) and it came out with a second season, although I don't know if I'll be able to find it in English or with subtitles, as my Spanish is mediocre.  I also like Engrenages (Spiral) --saw season 1 and may go back to that as it's really good.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #1207 on: August 30, 2017, 10:05:40 PM »
Defenders wasn't bad.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1208 on: August 30, 2017, 10:24:10 PM »
I heard iron fist gets too much time. Is that true?

I'm kinda bummed they said Tenant would be back for s 2 of jessica jones, I feel like they should let his death bring her closure.

Interestingly enough, there appears to be a vixen movie on CW, I remember they started the superman series the same way.

Caught one scene where ratty boss guy sends two thugs at mari, and I rolled my eyes at the no gun thing, but then the ratty boss pulled a gun!

I like Mari, and felt bad she had to put up with john no fun stewart, who was always mooning over traitorgirl.

She could do so much better, green lanterns suck.

I ducked out because apparently it was the middle in a 2 hour thing.

Also nice to see the racist leopardprint is gone.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #1209 on: August 31, 2017, 06:17:10 PM »
Yes ir9n fist does get a lot of time but they still manage to tell enough of everyone's story.

Leopard print is racist ?

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1210 on: September 01, 2017, 07:27:53 PM »
Little hard to explain it, was a motif in costuming. I actually read an interesting article from a location scout who patiently explains to directors that if they want their horribly racist chinese food restaurants, they can rent a set that fills the stereotype.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #1211 on: September 03, 2017, 10:24:39 PM »
Interesting. 

Six & anyone else you might like orackwith Jason Bateman on Netflix. Some ppl have compared it to breaking bad but with money laundering

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1212 on: September 06, 2017, 10:02:13 AM »
I'll certainly check that out.  I'm watching The Closer now.  It's a little annoying but basically good. 

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #1213 on: September 06, 2017, 04:01:08 PM »
That's with Kevin bacon wife ?

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1214 on: September 06, 2017, 06:34:27 PM »
Yes.  I'd forgotten that, but she has been married to Bacon for about 20 years I think.