Author Topic: What's your favourite TV program of the moment?  (Read 333876 times)

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: What's your favourite TV program of the moment?
« Reply #1365 on: April 28, 2019, 10:51:37 AM »
Soap opera for non discriminating millennials.  I have to mute it a lot and restrain myself from throwing white bread at the screen.  The music is just awful.  I want it to end.  It's so predictable.

That's why some kind of interjection/intervention would improve it.  Maybe a protomolecule infecting some of the more annoying characters so they'd morph into a sky gate or something more interesting.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #1366 on: April 29, 2019, 12:56:49 PM »
GOT episode 3   bloody eck and there is still more of the series

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1367 on: May 02, 2019, 08:12:50 PM »
Barry. It's an HBO series, Starring and Directed by Bill Hader. Supplementary viewing - True romance. You'll get more out of the episode if you've seen the film.

I really like shows and movies where bad guys get shot. Like, a lot. Might be my main viewing pleasure. That being said, When Barry racked the slide on his pistol and went for the hit, I flinched.

They didn't cowpoo the sound effect like most movies do. I know that slide rack because it's the slide rack from my pistol, and it made me flinch like it was real.

So I gotta give props, that was impressive.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1368 on: May 12, 2019, 03:50:51 AM »
Diablo Guardian
it's an HBO/Mexico production and it has some fine actors.  There's lots of references to telenovelas and drug culture in it.  Young woman runs away from home (in Mexico City) to find a new life in NYC but encounters the same or worse scoundrels that she was fleeing from.  Hardly cheering but well done and compelling watching.  via amazon prime video.  This is after the novel of the same name.  The main character/actress is rather easy on the eyes. 

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1369 on: May 12, 2019, 04:20:48 AM »
Good to see you back. Here's why I wanted you to check out Barry:

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1370 on: May 12, 2019, 12:05:57 PM »
I did see the first episode a while back and liked it.  Don't know why I didn't pursue it.  I'll certainly check it out when I'm done with the whoring and the drug dealers in my current show.  I'm sure things are going to go from bad to worse.

What are you watching now?

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1371 on: May 16, 2019, 03:04:55 AM »
Diablo Guardían is really good.  I'm in the second season.  Even the bad guys are charming as hell.  And the music is great.  This is a Mexico most of us never encounter.  The main character loves Iggy Pop.   The acting is really good and plot twists keep you guessing as to what will happen next.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #1372 on: May 16, 2019, 10:57:43 AM »
I will take your advice and check it out. This service comes free with Prime membership. It's why I don't have Netflix.
Hmmm, that Jeff Bezos guy is a very clever guy.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #1373 on: May 16, 2019, 11:38:06 AM »
Ugh. I don't have the patience for subtitles.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1374 on: May 16, 2019, 03:01:46 PM »
The main actress has a beautiful voice and is articulate and compelling in Spanish.  There's such wonderful literature in Spanish.  So many reasons to learn the language.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #1375 on: May 16, 2019, 03:41:45 PM »
That's pretty cool Six. How many languages do you know? I wish I was a polyglot. Anyway, I know that's still no excuse (subtitles). I just know me too well. I'm too much of a multitasker to stare at the screen nonstop. Only way is with audio assist. lol

Holy crap! The hail is coming down hard right now.:-\  Maybe I better turn everything off til this blows over?

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1376 on: May 16, 2019, 07:06:36 PM »
I have reading knowledge of 4 languages, other than English.  I sound stupid in most of them.  But if I pay good attention I can understand them when spoken after a while.  It helps to stay in practice.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1377 on: May 17, 2019, 10:31:28 PM »
Hey Schmoogs, you should watch Barry. It has the insult "You are king of suckballs mountain!"

lol, on rewatch, I missed quite a bit in this scene. The shooter can't shoot, but was afraid to tell NoHo Hank because of power dynamics.

Hank doesn't know how to hire assassins, and makes a joke about going to John Wick Hotel

Hank was pretty solid with dying right there, because he respects Barry (Even though he just tried to kill him)

Hank is just fantastic. Interestingly enough, he doesn't shave his eyebrows, he just has no hair. Most of his acting jobs he has to wear fake eyebrows and wigs, but holy poo does he sell a character.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #1378 on: May 17, 2019, 11:10:54 PM »
I will check it out. I wish the nurse would hurry up and dress it up so I can go home. Only took 2 stitches. I really need to be more careful.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1379 on: May 17, 2019, 11:33:52 PM »
My only complaint is that it's 30 minutes instead of an hour.

It's like, a soothing drink after Game Of Thrones kicks you in the balls with bad writing. (A lot of people are saying this online)