Author Topic: What's your favourite TV program of the moment?  (Read 333482 times)

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
Re: What's your favourite TV program of the moment?
« Reply #1380 on: May 18, 2019, 12:23:09 AM »
5 bless'ed hours! I am FURIOUS!  >:(  Not going back to that place EVER again. Goodnight.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1381 on: May 18, 2019, 01:26:24 AM »
Ouch.  That reminds me of the Star Trek where Doc went back in the past with Spock & Kirk and freaked out over 20th c. healing procedures.  He said "they cut and sew people like they were garments!" 
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 12:49:16 AM by 6pairsofshoes »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1382 on: May 18, 2019, 02:17:35 AM »
IV, he calls them barbaric, then gives an old woman a pill that makes dialysis irrelevant.

It ages extremely poorly. Nowadays it looks like they were gods acting like complete retards in the 1980's.

Also kind of weird they give so few shits, when previously, a Whacked out on drugs McCoy managed to end WWII, in NAZI GERMANY's favor.

Also weird that Joan Collins had to die, but Catherine Hicks can just hitch a ride to the future, where she'd be on the intellectual level of a four year old.

Oh, and the reason they're at the hospital in the first place is because they sent Uhura and Chekov, the ONLY DANG RUSSIAN ON THE SHIP aboard the 1986 USS Enterprise to steal NUCLEAR MATERIAL. With scanners that looked like C4 charges.

He fell off a ledge. Oh, but when he was being interrogated by the marines they thought he was retarded.

I did like that Dr. Taylor immediately dumped Kirk, he was a shitty date. Invite a girl to dinner, and then expect her to pay for him and his hippy friend? richard move, Admiral.

little c might be amused by the fact that apple computers are featured in the film, it's an Apple Plus.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 02:31:38 AM by 8ullfrog »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1383 on: May 18, 2019, 03:18:00 AM »
I watched a couple episodes of Barry tonight as it was quicker than the usual two hour long episodes of Diablo Guardían.  It's entertaining enough.  I'm waiting to see if it develops into something more.

I'm so tired these days, that anything can entertain me at that time of day.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1384 on: May 18, 2019, 03:29:59 AM »
I think that might be why Barry takes the edge off Thrones, it's a very simple plot.

He kills people. He's good at it. He craves something else. Sadly, something else drags him back into killing people.

He's still good at it.

Everyone else is bad at everything.

I also think Sarah Goldberg is running over the Sally Character. Like Sally is a self absorbed narcissist, but more is being done with her than that.

I also heard she ran way over on her rant in the latest episode, and it's fantastic. You go from Barry doing his stupid "poo-pie" rehearsal to her just tearing down the Whedon style woman empowering poo that's always written by men.

And then they cut to Bill Hader, who had just done the "Who wants some pieeeee" line, and he's got the thousand yard stare on. Most shows would have cut that.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #1385 on: May 18, 2019, 08:07:51 AM »
Ha, I'm VERY familiar with that Star Trek episode. I was even MORE of a Star Trek TNG fan. Jesus, that was 30 years ago. How depressing.

Hey, this scallywag hurts. It didn't hurt last night? At least I had a nice pork roast dinner ready when I got home last night. I'm gonna go in there and chow on  some more of it for breakfast.  ;)

I shouldn't have posted that pic. That's kinda gross. Sorry.  ???
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 10:00:15 AM by Schmoogsley »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1386 on: May 18, 2019, 10:45:31 AM »
Longer, Enterprise is coming up on 18 years now. Only thing I liked about that is they actually had a main computer for the enterprise.

Well, eight macs working in tandem.

Yup, NX-01 ran on Tiger. I used to have cool shots of the actual machines, but that's long gone.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1387 on: May 20, 2019, 10:14:12 PM »
I have a Powerbook 92 still plugged in.  It takes floppy discs.  Has a 256 Mb memory.  I like the background pattern and the Water Balloons game on there.  It has a trackball.  It works better than my Macbook Air.  That's got to have the crappiest trackpad in the history of the world.  That's what happens when Apple gets too comfortable and decides to throw their energy into cell phones and now, what next?  TV shows?

Other than Barry, nothing much going on in TV land.  Watching the end of GoT was agonizing, like going to the funeral of your drunk great uncle and knowing that he'd think the whole process was absurd.  It was hard to sit through it.  I'm done with Diablo Guardian and would be happy to find something else.  The Good Fight has gotten nearly unbearably stupid.  Not that it was all that good in the first place.  Just another nighttime lawyer drama on the CBS women's network.  Gak.  Sometimes I wonder why I watch it.  Maybe I miss my childhood afternoons trying to puzzle out As the World Turns.  At least when those soap operas were over we got good 4 p.m. movies with Godzilla, House on Haunted Hill (Vincent Price version), House of Wax, Mothra, you know, the classics. 

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #1388 on: May 20, 2019, 11:04:11 PM »
CBS Women's Network? lol That's funny. Well, you know what I think about 99% of the crap on TV. I started watching the 'Naked & Afraid' reality shows on Discovery. 2 strangers, 1 male, 1 female are dropped off naked in the middle of the wilderness and they have to survive for 21 days. What cracks me up is when they guy drops out after a couple days and the woman makes it the whole 21 days. lol "I hope she doesn't drag me down man, but, I will try to help her along". 3 days later: "Boo hoo hoo, I'm tapping out man, I wanna go home. Waa waa waa!" LMAO! bless'ed cracks me up.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1389 on: May 27, 2019, 12:50:12 AM »
Watching Season 2 of Barry, and really liking it.

Also onto Season 2 of Fleabag, which is also good, but in a different way.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1390 on: May 27, 2019, 04:51:58 PM »
We have to wait a year for more Barry. AAAAARRRRGGGHHH.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1391 on: May 28, 2019, 02:24:59 AM »
Yeah.  It sort of leaves you hanging.  I finished both series tonight and started watching Enlightened with Laura Dern.  It's in the chick flick/Lifetime series type show but it's got better acting and writing than most of it.  I am trying not to be bored.

I've sort of run out of stuff to watch, so I'll see what else is available.   We have been watching Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle season 4.  He's so smart and funny in many unexpected ways.  At times savagely so, but I still enjoy him and he holds up to multiple viewings.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1392 on: May 28, 2019, 05:44:46 PM »
I gave Preacher another shot, started at the beginning, but I felt sick and went to bed after the pilot.

Wasn't the show that made me sick, something I ate disagreed with me. Preacher is extremely violent. It's moments of fun shine brightly through the absolute darkness of the setting. I remember really liking Cassidy my first go-around, and he is charmingly horrible in the pilot.

I understand they're up to three seasons now.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1393 on: June 09, 2019, 03:02:46 AM »
I'm about half way through season 2, but it's beginning to lag a bit.

I started watching the Chernobyl series this evening.    What a dog's breakfast of a public safety disaster that was.  It's chilling to see bureaucrats acting contrary to the public weal and refusing to admit how serious a problem it was, much to the detriment of the local populations.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1394 on: June 09, 2019, 10:30:23 AM »
I never really liked the theme during the credits, but S2 really made me hate it. Least liked part of the show.