Author Topic: Last Person to Speak Wins! 第四部曲  (Read 197792 times)

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Human
Re: Last Person to Speak Wins! 第四部曲
« Reply #3600 on: August 14, 2019, 11:51:18 PM »
Check freecycle or craigslist.  I expect you can get one cheap or free on there.

Hope your bus ride works out.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Human
« Reply #3601 on: August 15, 2019, 01:08:31 AM »
that was yesterday, but thank you.

Case worker was a bit of a madam, but eventually agreed with me. See, my deal was I had to ride in to see the therapist. He's ground floor.

Case management is 2nd floor.

I got there an hour early, and decided "golly it, I'll do this month's mandatory check in."

He did the computer thing to look at my appointment schedule, I told him about the cancelled main appt, and how I'm actually glad for it. (Gives me more time on the endoscopy).

He said he feels sick and needs to go home, I said I hope you feel better man. (I had a fever all day, but nobody gives a poo)

Elevator ride down, worthless therapy session where he wants me to get out more. Then Moooore Bussssss.

Specifically, I mentioned that when I day sleep, My mom is bless'ed terrified that I might die. I get it, I saw dad's "naps" and it really is scary, we both look dead when we sleep.

He wants me to essentially pack a lunch and wander. And because of this horseshit, I'm bringing mom next time. Maybe I'm articulating things poorly, and she can break the ice.

just one little time change so a draft board in 1968 turns down the bribe to accept "bone spurs" and we are home-free.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #3602 on: August 15, 2019, 08:05:29 PM »
Yeah, individual space is important.  So best to do it by yourself, as well, the packing a lunch and wandering.  I go out by myself often, just run through a state park, although I'm rather spoiled to having my car to get there and a pass.  Lots of times I just find water and go sit by it, I'm sure if there were more to do I'd find it.
Work is going well.  Although I'm working seven days a week I still have three afternoons with the children.   Roommate is going smoothly, we have made good friends and his two daughter and myself and mine are all fond of each other.  They are helpful with my daughters social life and enthusiasm to learn.  Also the new sitter is working out great.
I'll talk again soon. Worked a double, I'm getting in bed to play an app game... let's see what its called.. I dont even know. I started with exiled kingdoms, now I'm on saga of survival, not sure if itll ever end. . Ha, but I play for about 40 minutes and can't keep my eyes open, so, win win. Peace & ♡

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Human
« Reply #3603 on: Yesterday at 12:15:40 AM »
8ully, I once had a roommate who would sleep through a loud alarm clock in the next bedroom and I'd stumble i groggy attempting to figure out how to turn it off.  I'd be asking her in a reasonably loud voice how to turn it off and she remained asleep to the point that I actually wondered if she had died.  She didn't.  She was just a sound sleeper.  It's good to get out and explore the world on your own.

Bea, I'm glad to hear you have improved living situations and a genial roommate.  I totally get the fatigue from working.  And you have, what, 4 part time jobs?  I'm sure that will keep you hopping.  It's nice to hear about you and what you are up to.  I just finished a writing job and will start classes next week.  Have to travel a bit on family business too, so I got the fun of going to the TSA Precheck people where they seem to do a thriving business checking people's urine for drugs, too.  Employers, high school athletes, who knew?  They were nice.  Took our fingerprints and passports, another photo not smiling.  That was hard as we started cracking up.  Oh well.  I'm going to watch some mindless tv now.  Take care.

Offline christ

• Definitely not staff
  • Divinity
  • Australopithecus
« Reply #3604 on: Yesterday at 12:31:44 AM »
8ully, I once had a roommate who would sleep through a loud alarm clock in the next bedroom ... She was just a sound sleeper.

I'm not sure that it is soundness of sleep, but familiarity - my wife sleeps through my alarm (Opening of "won't get fooled again" from CSI Miami, start of Circle of Life, you know the sort of thing) but wakes instantly to hers (birds softly chirping as dawn breaks, wind and soft rain in the trees - all that new age sort of crap).

I think it is the same phenomenon that lets people that live next to rail lines sleep through a freight train passing by.
* with significant exceptions.

This post will self-destruct in <5 days.
(Probably <1, now I think about it)