Author Topic: things that gross you out..  (Read 66302 times)

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
Re: things that gross you out..
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2009, 11:28:48 AM »
I hate touching the button on traffic lights

LOL.. like to cross the street? Is it a germ thing?

Seeing other people vomit

That doesn't usually bug me. Soemtimes when something is really gross and everyone starts gagging.. then that's bad :D But puking doesn't bug me. I've held my best friends hair out of her way when she was drunk and barfing in the parking lot. I've patted people on the back.. and cleaned up their barf trails when they're sick. Especially people I love.. or have meaningful relationships with it doesn't bug me. Maybe a random stranger barfing on me in a bar would gross me out :-X

I've posted this before... but anything made of wood touching my teeth drives me crazy. It's my only true phobia. If I eat and ice cream bar.. I can't eat down to the wood.. I have to leave some of the ice cream on so my teeth don't touch the stich or it gives me shivers. So.. for that reason it does gross me out a little to watch people chomp on tooth picks. Not because they're being gross.. it's more the wood thing that bugs me.

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
  • With powers of hawk, wolf, puma and bear.
    • TITLE!
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2009, 11:32:17 AM »
LOL.. like to cross the street? Is it a germ thing?
Yes.  I try to avoid it if I can, but after I have pressed it, I tend to forget I've touched it.  The door handles on public toilets are worse, I think.

Now Zoidberg is the popular one!

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2009, 12:08:19 PM »
Skadi, I'm a sympathetic vomiter.  I don't vomit much, and if it's me having just drunk too much and someone hands me a shot of goldschlager, I'm usually good at keeping it down.  But if I see someone vomit (even on TV...Jackass is deadly to me), then, even if I haven't been drinking or anything, I have to work to keep from bringing stuff up.
--dweez

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2009, 12:20:41 PM »
^ I sort of do that too. I just shut my eyes :P Last time I watched 'Meaning of Life' I realized I couldn't sit through the 'wafer thin' part one more time :D

In real life though, nurturing overrides my grossed out side. I hate to puke in fromt of anyone though. Which is dumb. I'll take care of others.. but I hate to look vulnerable in return.. so that's dumb on my part :P One time we were at a rugby bar.. and they had $1 Kamikazes. I have no idea how many I drank. And it was a rushed fun night.. and we all walked home in the snow. But when I finally got back to the apartment we were going to hang out at... everything hit me. But I went outside by myself to puke in the snow rather then puke in the john where everyone could hear me. It is funny how gag mechanisms work :D .. and how it's contagious.. like yawning.

I'm the same way with dog poop sometimes. If my dog would poop.. it wouldn't bug me. But, it might make me gaggy to clean up someone else's dogs poop. Maybe there's love and attachment involved that overrides gross situations.

Blood doesn't bother me either. I'm one of the few people that I know that can donate blood, and it doesn't phase me. And a friend of mine one time made me pierce his ears. He didn't want to wait until morning.. and he said I was the only one he knew who he trusted, and that wouldn't faint :D

Offline frankcapri

• Human
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2009, 12:44:24 PM »
Skadi, I'm a sympathetic vomiter.  I don't vomit much, and if it's me having just drunk too much and someone hands me a shot of goldschlager, I'm usually good at keeping it down.  But if I see someone vomit (even on TV...Jackass is deadly to me), then, even if I haven't been drinking or anything, I have to work to keep from bringing stuff up.

That sucks. I've had people vomit on me and it didn't phase me.  A vomit frenzy at a party is a scary thing to think about.

Touching and/or smelling wet cat food will make me gag something awful. 
Rotten milk will also make me gag if I smell it. 

Both of these automatic gross outs stem from childhood traumas  :(
Size, it doesn't matter to me so long as I get it...Gotta go now.

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
    • TITLE!
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2009, 01:46:15 PM »
Being made aware of other people's phlegm really grosses me out.  In high school, there was a boy that would get all his snot into his mouth and spit it out.  It makes me sick just thinking about it.

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2009, 01:52:03 PM »
Being made aware of other people's phlegm really grosses me out.  In high school, there was a boy that would get all his snot into his mouth and spit it out.  It makes me sick just thinking about it.

After I drank out of a drinking fountain last week, I noticed someone had hocked a giant boogerey green-yellow loogy in the bowl of the drinking fountain. It was so big and thick it wasn't washing down the drain :D ..it really was gross. And I hadn't notice it until after I had taken a drink out of that fountain >_<

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2009, 02:07:45 PM »
wow, thats really gross.

people that blow snot/boogers out of their nose with out a tissue.

Spoiler (hover to show)

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2009, 02:23:03 PM »
 :D

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
    • TITLE!
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2009, 02:27:24 PM »
I've seen people do that in real life :'(

Offline frankcapri

• Human
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2009, 03:03:29 PM »
No love for the snot rocket eh?
Size, it doesn't matter to me so long as I get it...Gotta go now.

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
    • TITLE!
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2009, 03:13:04 PM »
Oh no!  It's so common, it's even got a name!

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2009, 03:18:14 PM »
^ I bet it has lots of names ::)

What about someone pushing food in your mouth in the middle of a kiss? Like at the movies if the person you?re kissing passes candy into your mouth, and you hadn?t been expecting it? It should be gross.. but it?s sort of funny also. The only thing that?s usually gross about that to me is the ?shocked/unexpected? factor. Or..maybe if they'd chewed it up... then put it in my mouth..that would have been gross :D

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2009, 03:23:30 PM »
boogers in books/mysterious stains. i used to borrow books from the library a lot and in most of the books i borrowed there would be boogers through out the whole book.

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
    • TITLE!
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2009, 03:41:31 PM »
Eww!  Did you eventually get used to it?

<talks about going to the cinema and not watching the film>
For shame! :o