Site Related > Announcements

Hacked again..

<< < (2/13) > >>

Beatrix:
Sorry there Smokes.

smokester:

--- Quote from: dweez on January 12, 2013, 02:26:20 PM ---Any idea on how we were compromised?  Is there a SMF exploit we need to look into?

--- End quote ---

Tricky one really.  In the past when the site shared the same password with the database, I assume they exploited a vulnerability to obtain it, and then created FTP user accounts and had a field day.  But now that is not the case and just last week we upgraded to MySQL 5.5, I have no idea how they got to upload some crap, even bypassing the SMF firewall while they did?

You could have always done it?  If it's more pay your after then consider your salary doubled as of today.

ohcheap1:
I did email dweez when I saw it. Sadly he never responded. :(

dweez:
Sorry oc1, I don't normally get a chance to check my e-mail on the weekend.

smokester:

--- Quote from: ohcheap1 on January 12, 2013, 07:50:01 PM ---I did email dweez when I saw it. Sadly he never responded. :(

--- End quote ---

Did you get the "...forbidden" page?  The system is pretty good now as when malicious files are detected, access is automatically forbidden to all IPs.  Then when I see the notification they grant access to my IP and then I can go in a fix things.

Essentially this means if the site is hijacked, no one can unsuspectingly fall foul to a phishing scam or the like. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version