Games Consoles & Video Games > Video Games

What video game(s) are you playing?

<< < (59/59)

8ullfrog:
Bought Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare during the Christmas sale. I'd say it would have been a decent rental title, I beat it in just under 7 hours.

I had previously had horrible vertical tear issues and had put the game aside until I could be bothered to tweak fix.

Turns out I just had to run the game in safe mode once, and the problem vanished.

I really enjoyed the exo frames in this title, and really hated the legacy stuff. (You get knocked out about as often as James Bond, QTE's are inescapable, you have to throw a knife while prone, it's all stuff that's been done.)

Then again, I know COD is mostly purchased like the yearly sports titles for online, and some never even touch the campaign.

I managed to avoid downloading the multiplayer portion, and thank god, even the SP campaign clocks in around 50 GB. I know that's mostly texture information these days, but it still makes me wince.

The Kevin Spacey villain was fantastic, and the cutscenes were visually impressive.

My favorite mission was the villa infiltration, where you can use a grappling hook like scorpion to stealth kill enemies from the bushes. GET OVER HERE! I had so much fun abusing the mechanic, my commanding officer chastised me for killing so many people.

I'd say the ending was satisfying, but the game leaves you wanting more. Several years pass between missions, and it might have been nice to see what happened over those years. I also think it would have been rewarding to have the protagonist go through training, you're kind of dumped directly into the Korean war kicking back off at the outset.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version