Author Topic: The lengths that racists will go to.........  (Read 4022 times)

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
The lengths that racists will go to.........
« on: November 01, 2010, 11:58:14 AM »
This is a quote from my sisters blog today. I am SO insensed that I had to tell someone. Just a footnote before reading: My brother in law is of Arabic decent and is Muslim, my sister is caucasion and Methodist. Their children are being raised with knowledge of both religions. 

"The big disappointment of the day was the pamphlet that we got from a local home that talked about how bad Islam is.  I thought of linking to the pamphlet here, so that people could see how this racist and heinous group represented Islam, but I am sure they track their web site visits and relish in the post halloween rise in Web traffic.  I was sad and ashamed that this morning my husband found this booklet in the trick or treat bag, and so happy that my son doesn?t have enough interest in reading to have glanced at the pamphlet."

Offline redlandslide

• Site Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • "We want a shrubbery!"
Re: The lengths that racists will go to.........
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 01:35:21 PM »
Unfortunately, since 9/11 Muslims have become the new Commies to a bigoted minority - a bogeyman that must be "defeated" and "eliminated" to make the world a safer place. While the pamphlet you mention seems to be against a religion rather than a race - so technically not racism - it is racism in my mind because I'm pretty sure the writers of such "literature" don't see the distinction and equate Arabs with Muslims and vice versa.

It's a sad fact of life that your nephew will probably have to put up with this kind of crap periodically throughout his life.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 01:56:33 PM »
Islamophobia is just about everywhere you look now, and getting worse by the minute.  My best friend over this side of London and his wife who is also a dear friend, shocked me this Thursday just gone by suddenly, after we'd eaten lunch, starting to deride moslems (actually they were deriding religious fanatics but couldn't seem to separate them from normal moslems), and starting to show me a bunch of shite on their iphones about how Islam is taking over the world.  I said that what they had showed me, a YouTube video about Islamic demographics in particular, looked like propaganda and seemed to just fuel the already rampant hatred towards Islam.

I then had to pop home for an hour but while there checked the statistics they had shown me on Snopes and sure enough they were "incorrect, unsubstantiated or misrepresented".  I linked them to the factual page that explained the crap accurately but I fear they paid it little attention to it - unfortunately hatred is usually ignorant.

I am meant to be going on holiday with these people next year but now can't seem to get over what happened that afternoon.  I know these people are decent people really who are loving and caring, but what they came out with was the worse than racism as it attempted to character assassinate the entire moslem population by nothing more hearsay and conjecture.

Both my friend and I are Catholics and I do feel Christianity should remember John's "Let he who is without sin" teaching before it decides to act "holier than thou".
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 05:59:41 PM »
Look at it anyway you want but I am SO incredible angry about this that Im willing to pick a fight with you Red for even derailing from my post in any way!  ;D Kidding, obviously, but if you knew this family you would wonder how more giving, loving people even existed. Of course Im bias but they are incredibly loving people. What I want to know is how do racist family even conduct themselve in any society these days. We could quote millions of facts and figures regarding all the things that non-caucasion people have donated to society to make it what it is today. For that matter, it would far outweigh them if you were to compare apples to apples.

I know ignorance is everywhere but I seemed to have change my relaxed tone when it hits so close to home. Gggggrrrrr......

Here. How many Vampires do you know that would marry Borat and give birth to a Luke Skywalker and a princess? Geez.......

Offline jackalope21

• Homo Superior
  • Stalking Kristen Bell
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 06:09:15 PM »

Are you sure he isn't Anakin?

j/k
"Misa Misa"

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 06:11:17 PM »
Another important point is that left wing religions have started to 'own' halloweene the past few years.. It's the same way many play rock music at church services.. They use to avoid halloween, now they use it. Christian haunted houses are a huge example. All the rhetoric is so ridiculous it's impossible to fight. When someone is that over the top.. they'll never be reasonable. Parents just have to weed mind garbage out of the treat bucket along with unwrapped candy. And, if kids are old enough.. it's a good way to open a discussion about intolerance and the wrong place and time to be a buzz kill. There's no way they're going to convert some kid by denying them candy in exchange for propoganda. The opposite.. it will just piss the kid off and they'll believe the opposite :D

Hell House: Spooking Sinners into Salvation
by Hb566    October 24, 2010

Hell house is a haunted house run by the evangelical Christian church that depicts people being tempted into sin and then tortured in hell. Hell house is supposed to shock sinners into seeking salvation through the evangelical church, while at the same time promoting conservative Christian ideals. Hell house warns people that if they are not saved they will invariably go to hell and once they are in hell, they will be tortured for eternity with absolutely no opportunity to redeem themselves. Hell house consists of a series of horrific scenes in which actors have sex, have abortions, commit suicide, drunk drive and party. The last two scenes depict hell and heaven. In Hell, Satan and the hell dwellers announce that they will burn forever in constant agony and in heaven, Jesus explains restoration and gives everyone a chance to pray for salvation.

Many of the scenes in hell house are extremely graphic and disturbing. The hell house hand book suggests that hell house directors get chunks of meat to place in a bowl of fake blood to look like a baby torn apart in a late term abortion. A school shooting leaves a roomful of students bloody and disheveled. A suicide scene involves a girl slitting her wrists and spewing a pool of blood onto the floor. A homosexual dies a miserable, treacherous death from aids. The leaders of Hell house believe that a part of salvation is being afraid of going to hell so customers need to be deeply disturbed by what they see. 

In the mid 1990?s one of the original Hell houses in Denver, Colorado began selling Hell house kits to churches nationally and, as a result, hundreds of Hell houses now exist in North America. The 250-page manual includes everything from script to prop advice. The manuals make it simple for churches to recreate Hell house.  Typically, thousands of people come to each hell house each year and since every customer pays 5 dollars admission, the church earns a considerable amount of money. Some hell houses have been accused of misleading people to believe that they are going to a conventional haunted house rather than an evangelical presentation. Individuals have reported that hell house promoters hand out free tickets outside of gay bars and abortion clinics. The church believes that it is their responsibility to warn these sinners of the impending danger awaiting them if they continue to act without regard to god.

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 06:12:17 PM »
That does seem more age appropriate. Way to make my anger into costume relavance. Only you......  :D

Offline jackalope21

• Homo Superior
  • Stalking Kristen Bell
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 06:14:05 PM »
That does seem more age appropriate. Way to make my anger into costume relavance. Only you......  :D

That is why i only give out flavored condoms on Halloween.....There is too much hate in the world
"Misa Misa"

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 06:21:50 PM »
At least they are practical.
Spoiler (hover to show)

I really want to put myself in someone elses shoes here and try and imagine feeling scared by someone that worships another religion than me enough to tear down the reality of small children. I just cant do it. First off because Im agnostic and secondly because I have read a paper and/or listened to the news at least once in the past 10 years. Can you imagine only clinging to the negative? And THEN teaching your kids to do the same? Sorry, cant do it. I have been condemed in my Girl Scout troop over the years for teaching tolerance. Could it be the same thing? Just an opinion? God I hope not.

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 06:26:25 PM »
I think there's way less thought in it then that. Left wing churches have an agenda.. and not much personal thought goes into debating it. It's collective thought at its worst. I'm sure there's a 'Bake Sale To Fight the Ground Zero Mosque' going on somewhere. You can put yourself in their shoes.. but I imagine it's a very boring robotic point of view.

Offline MaxDreamer

• Human
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 06:33:32 PM »
Sorry to hear about that incident, cheapy. People can be so stupid.  >:(

Cute Halloween picture, BTW... I still wouldn't have opened the door for them last night, though.  ;) :D  :)

Offline subvinorosa

• Human
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 10:30:55 PM »
This is really sad.  I used to live in an area where a lot of Muslims lived.  Even there, they were regarded as different and some people were actually afraid of them.  They weren't hated per se, but they were regarded with wariness.

Offline laama

• Homo Superior
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 02:14:30 PM »
Nothing new under the sun.
i'm waiting for someone to start an antisocial networking site.