Author Topic: bring them home  (Read 9633 times)

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
bring them home
« on: November 04, 2009, 01:08:00 AM »
breaking news

"" Five British soldiers have been killed in a single incident in Helmand Province, Afghanistan, the Ministry of Defence has said.

Three of the soldiers were from the Grenadier Guards and two were from the Royal Military Police.

They had all been shot by a "rogue" Afghan policeman who had been part of a group they had been training in a compound, Lt Col David Wakefield said.

The soldiers' next of kin have been informed of the deaths.

The attack took place in the Nad-e'Ali district on Tuesday afternoon, the MoD said.

Lt Col Wakefield, spokesman for Task Force Helmand, said it was believed one Afghan policeman had begun shooting before fleeing the scene.  ""

i suport the troops to the end but its about time the government realised the whole country is a lost cause and bring ALL the troops home..

it makes my blood boil >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: bring them home
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 02:27:33 AM »
Afghanistan has been the single cause of much of the misery in the world in recent history.  From the American intolerance of the Russians being there which then set rise to the extremists who plague the world today, to the unenviable task the allies now have of picking up the pieces in a country that refuses to be tamed.

I can understand the argument that if Afghanistan were left to its own devices, it may in time become a threat to world peace by becoming a breeding ground for the anti-west, but surely then it is education that it needs rather than being armed to the teeth?
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 02:45:33 AM »
does no one learn from their history that Afghanistan is corrupt.
also ungovernable from any out force.
time to come home.

Offline laama

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 03:39:43 AM »
There will be much more blood and bodies before dumb politics and military leaders realized,that Afganistan should leave alone without trying force it to western living style.
i'm waiting for someone to start an antisocial networking site.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 04:14:55 AM »
I'm not sure what the Russians were doing there but I'm pretty sure the forces at present are trying to stem the growth of the Taliban by creating/imposing a democracy.  The problem is that the "islamists" were born out of the conflict to being with, and if anything, the war there has promoted their cause.

Offline Geemonster

• Banned for all eternity
  • Human
  • Diasfora's Misfit
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 05:14:36 AM »
Send Gordon Brown and co to the bloody front,give em a gun,and let them sort it if they feel that strongly.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Rev AJ's Grand Inquisitor
  • Homo Superior
  • Power doesnt give you the right
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 05:56:32 AM »
Send the ex tyrants Bush and Cheney too.
Bush said in an interview before he was "elected" the first time that his first act would be to go after Saddam Husein because,, and I quote " He tried to kill my daddy".
He laso made comments on US television that he wanted a legacy like his father, only bigger
Well, because America invaded Iraq ( ok,, what the hell did they have to do with 911?) the Islamic Extrremists gained momentum.
If anything can be learned by history, occupations DONT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 The only thing 911 did was unite Americans to one cause,,to be AMERICANS.
Now,, before you herei n Europe go spare on me,, letme explain something that was going on Pre 911.
America was split into factions, we were tearing each other apart. People with short hair hated people with long hair, people with money hated the poor and the poor felt like they were being stepped upon by the rich.
Blacks hated whites, and whites hated everyone else.
We were being taken over by ilegal imigrants from Mexico and seeing them being givin what we had to work for.
ok,, so America was in social turmoil.
 911 happened, and that unfortunate even united all Americans to one cause,, being AMERICANS. One united people,, for about three days till politicians decided that thier phoney balogna cowpoo jobs were in danger.
Now ,, we have all the media bs about the Islamic " Terrorists" in our midst, and how they want us all dead.
Yeah,, nice propaganda  there.
Now we invade an inocent country and kill inocent people for thinking diferent from the west.
The islamic faith now has a great Satan,, and its us in America.
As long as America is fighting an illicit war for the wrong reasons,, there willbe trouble.
Afghanistan will allways be a rogue country, same as Iran.
Nothing we can do about it other than try and keep peacefull relations,,but the damage has been done.
We are talking about fighting against a populace that has been commiting the act of war against each other for thousands of years.
 Its their way of life,, its in their religion.
 The west has done its damage,, now we in the west have to deal with the monster we created.
I keep my standards low.
That way im never disapointed.

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 06:40:57 AM »
does no one learn from their history that Afghanistan is corrupt.

In any country that has an easy ability to make lots of money from drugs (ie opium poppies) fighting corruption is a losing battle. I wouldn't want people though stranded that need help.. But, there aren't many instances ever where I see war and violence as the answer...none to rare actually. I'd be pretty sure by this point though that the average person in Afghanistan just wants everyone out. It's hard to reason out what would work.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 06:57:40 AM »
The mideast will never be atpeace , they have fought for thousands of years.
Even diferent ribes, at the best of times, will try to wipe each other out over something that happened thousands of years ago.
 The west doesnt understand their culture,, they are desert tribes that fought and killed each other over a pool of fresh water.
I keep my standards low.

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 07:13:13 AM »
The west doesnt understand their culture

^ also speaking from my little 5ft 8inch section of the 'west', I don't think we shold be mucking things up any worse either though by grubbing oil, and creating reasons for corrupt contractors like Halliburton to have to build and rebuild and 'rebuild' things there. The whole oil thing has the potential to ruin the fecking world someday. And in some ways it sort of has. It's worse then diamonds.. or drugs. The only bigger/equal future fight I can imagine is fights over water.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 08:03:48 AM »
If America would reopen to wells in Western Oklahoma and West Texas, this wouldnt be happening.
We have more oil in America than they do,BUT,, Haliburton makes money over there .
AND,,if America would go back to a gold standard instead of an oilstandard,wemight see a better economy allthe way around.
I keep my standards low.

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 08:19:59 AM »
LOL we don't have a gold standard or an oil standard :D We might as well be trading things with money from a Monopoly game board >_<

Losing grip of gold holdings was utterly stupid.

Offline Geemonster

• Banned for all eternity
  • Human
  • Diasfora's Misfit
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2009, 08:22:52 AM »
Send the ex tyrants Bush and Cheney too.
Bush said in an interview before he was "elected" the first time that his first act would be to go after Saddam Husein because,, and I quote " He tried to kill my daddy".
He laso made comments on US television that he wanted a legacy like his father, only bigger
Well, because America invaded Iraq ( ok,, what the hell did they have to do with 911?) the Islamic Extrremists gained momentum.
If anything can be learned by history, occupations DONT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 The only thing 911 did was unite Americans to one cause,,to be AMERICANS.
Now,, before you herei n Europe go spare on me,, letme explain something that was going on Pre 911.
America was split into factions, we were tearing each other apart. People with short hair hated people with long hair, people with money hated the poor and the poor felt like they were being stepped upon by the rich.
Blacks hated whites, and whites hated everyone else.
We were being taken over by ilegal imigrants from Mexico and seeing them being givin what we had to work for.
ok,, so America was in social turmoil.
 911 happened, and that unfortunate even united all Americans to one cause,, being AMERICANS. One united people,, for about three days till politicians decided that thier phoney balogna cowpoo jobs were in danger.
Now ,, we have all the media bs about the Islamic " Terrorists" in our midst, and how they want us all dead.
Yeah,, nice propaganda  there.
Now we invade an inocent country and kill inocent people for thinking diferent from the west.
The islamic faith now has a great Satan,, and its us in America.
As long as America is fighting an illicit war for the wrong reasons,, there willbe trouble.
Afghanistan will allways be a rogue country, same as Iran.
Nothing we can do about it other than try and keep peacefull relations,,but the damage has been done.
We are talking about fighting against a populace that has been commiting the act of war against each other for thousands of years.
 Its their way of life,, its in their religion.
 The west has done its damage,, now we in the west have to deal with the monster we created.

Very succinctly put.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2009, 09:58:06 AM »
LOL we don't have a gold standard or an oil standard :D We might as well be trading things with money from a Monopoly game board >_<

Losing grip of gold holdings was utterly stupid.

The stupidity started with the Bush/Cheney regime and continues with Obama .
He likes printing money that we cant back.
Do you see a corelation with pre WW2 Germany?
I do.
Very succinctly put.

Thank you,, i have my moments.

One thing this whole war reminds me of, is Russias involvememnt in Afghanistan back in the day.
We blasted them for doing what we are doing today.
I keep my standards low.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2009, 10:14:23 AM »
The mideast will never be atpeace , they have fought for thousands of years.
Even diferent ribes, at the best of times, will try to wipe each other out over something that happened thousands of years ago.
 The west doesnt understand their culture,, they are desert tribes that fought and killed each other over a pool of fresh water.

Actually it was the West's "crusades" against the "infidel" that forced the middle east to have their first Jihad and the creation of the first "assassins". 

The middle east is where the first civilisation was born and has enriched the world by many ways, and at the time that the Turks and other warring nations were out and about fighting each other, European warlords made them look like amateurs.  If you are talking about the religious conflict between the Islamic factions - then they have only been around for 1500 years and if you look back 500 years in Christianity (given that it is 500 years older) there were many more factions killing each other at will.