Author Topic: Shooter at Fort Hood  (Read 7855 times)

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: Shooter at Fort Hood
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 10:33:08 AM »
Yes, he was being investigated, and it is even possible that he knew it. That also could have had a small part to play in him losing it.  Because he has no felony record, there was no reason to deny from purchasing those weapons. (another flaw) Unfortunately, if the laws were to be extended to something more stringent such as - "any individual who has ties or suspected ties to an extremist group or known terrorist shall not be allowed to purchase a firearm"  will cause a backlash of civil rights declaring that they are being profiled.  :-X

The "Cop Killer" pistol is a puny little thing is it not?  But didn't he use his military credentials to purchase the otherwise outlawed armour piercing ammo, and if so, that is the bit that makes his whole connection to extremists more relevant - I mean, why on earth would anyone need the armour piercing shells in the first place, and add that to someone who is suspected of being a security risk and you have yourself a desperate situation in the making.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Rev AJ's Grand Inquisitor
  • Homo Superior
  • Power doesnt give you the right
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2009, 11:49:06 AM »
Armor defeating rounds are easy to get ( I have a few just as a collection) if you know someone who makes bullets ( I also have mercury tipped,and semi explosive rounds just a few of each for the collection also).
I know a guy who makes them.
Any handgun can be a "cop killer" if you have the right rounds for it ( teflon coated projectiles and dense core ammunition).
Your suposed to have a license to buy them from an establishment, but an individual with a Federal Fire Arms license can get them, and individuals can sell them to another individual under the counter so to speak ( thats how I got mine).

Bastards like the homicidal prick mentioned above stain the name of Islam by living up to stereotypes and hurt the majority by presenting the minority. Not only that, but more importantly, they ruin lives, families, and continue to spread fear and hatred at a rate that will cause this entire "terrorism" conflict to drag on forever. I hope he is dealt with harshly, for all of our sakes, because Muslim or not, black or white, Arab or Asian, we're all human beings and as such should agree upon a universally accepted code of ethics and morality based on humanity. We all bleed the same color in the end.

You know,, its notlike cirtain groupls have a hard enough time what with the stereotypes that the media have made .
Islam,,the millitary and gun owners in general are going to catch hell for this all because one person is stupid enough to create an inccident like this.
You cannot win in this country anymore. People scream that they want security, but any measure to eliminate the threats are stopped by the do-gooders who have no clue.

When i got on the plane in Ft Smith to come here, they got everyone that fit a profile of someone from the Mideast and checked them out to make sure they were ok to fly ( you know what I mean).
This caused a slight row in the line to board.
One asked the security agent why he was being profiled.
Hell, I was profiled in Glasgow and detained for three hours as my bags were searched, my background was checked out and references were checked.
 I was ran through interpol and the US state department was notified and questioned about me. And im American.
So its not just the minority groups like people from the Mideast ( they went right through and had no problem).
 I didnt like it,, but,,security is an issue in alot of cases.
True.^    Of course, I have known several people over the years that used the military as a means to get their education and a paycheck while doing so, all the while not giving a crap about serving their country period. All they are there for are selfish reasons, and when their number comes up for deployment, they suddenly find a harsh dose of reality in their face. That is where the rubber meets the road. At that point, they toughen up and get their head straight, or they flip like this major did.
Yes, he was being investigated, and it is even possible that he knew it. That also could have had a small part to play in him losing it.  Because he has no felony record, there was no reason to deny from purchasing those weapons. (another flaw) Unfortunately, if the laws were to be extended to something more stringent such as - "any individual who has ties or suspected ties to an extremist group or known terrorist shall not be allowed to purchase a firearm"  will cause a backlash of civil rights declaring that they are being profiled.  :-X

Unfortunately,, America has provided the right ot bear arms.
Unfortunately also, the gun laws are too stringent in some cases, and not stringent enough in others.
 If your 18, have a valid ID, and no criminal record ( felonies) you can buy a handgun in Oklahoma without more than a few minutes wait while they run your background online.
 BUT,, you have to be 21,have a job for 1 year, and a secure income and references to get a loan to buy a car.
 Im a gun owner, and a card carrting member of the NRA ( yes,, we DO support stronger gun laws, and even helped pass the Brady Bill to stop automatic weapons).
The probelm is wackos like this guy, who is being investigated, was suportive of extremist groups, and was public about his views on the war, and he still was able to own a handgun.
 Unfortunately, America believes in beurocracy, and with that, anything like what this guy was involved in, will go for months, sometimes a couple of years even, before action is taken.
I honestly a major part of it will come down to something lots more human, selfish, and cowardly. He's been lifetime military (including ROTC in college), and yet he's never served even remotely close to combat, or been deployed anywhere that took him out of a comfort zone. When some people are having to do repeat duty, that's just totally unfair. So.. I guess he'd finally firmly gotten called up and there was no way around him get deployed this time. I have a feeling it was something that weak and lame that pushed him over, and he, and other people are blaming bigger isses. If you don't want to fight and serve, or be relocated, or.. your personal beliefs are counter intuitive to the military.. don't get your paycheck from them.
I come from three generations of millitary service,where people joined out of a sense of duty.
Millitary service means one thing, SERVICE.
The Millitary had to do something to get people to join since they pay nearly nothing.Inlisted personel with families have it rough,part of the duty package they sign once reaching a base is a Welfare Aplication, while officers get raises regularly.
 This guy was a crime waiting to happen, and something should have happened before he went kill crazy.
 In the immortal words of Dave Mustane from Megadeth,,,The System Has Failed.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 02:10:15 PM by Robin-Graves »
I keep my standards low.
That way im never disapointed.

Offline busterone

• Australopithecus
  • Awaholi Gihli
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2009, 02:00:29 PM »
so true my friend.  :)
The system needs a complete overhaul. Every single time someone attempts to introduce a measure to change it, there is going to be someone who is offended or thinks that it is a racial, religious, or social profile act. The PC crowd will not let anything get done. Someone's toes must get stepped on for any type of real change. Freedom and security doesn't come without a price.

Service is the key word. Anyone entering the military should already understand that they are there to serve, not to be served.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2009, 02:17:27 PM »
^Yeah,,thats a real problem.
America, snce the eary 90s,,has had this problem with its younger folk ( god I sound like my grandfather here) being the ME generation.
Its all instant gratifacation, what they can get NOW and what is in it for them.
I grew up in the millitry,,duty is its own reward.
The pride and honor of helping the fellow man,,being the one that HAS to make the tough decisions because no one else will cowboy up and do it for themselves.
 I still live that way,,very disciplined, and very frugal.

As for the PC bunch,,they need to go hop in their hybrid, run to that corner juice bar, eat that vegan meal and watch public tv and let the real humans make the decisions and quit their incesant whining about RIGHTS and how they are being deprived.
 No where are we garanteed these rights.
America has cirtain rights, while other countries have others,,none are God givin.
 Sometimes sacrifices have to be made in order of the greater good.
 But no one wants to let fo of thier selfish bulls**t lfestyles to make change happen.
There is an acronym,,NIBY,,Not In My Back Yard.
People want change,, untill they have to change thier ways.
 Either put up,or shut up.
I keep my standards low.

Offline busterone

• Australopithecus
  • Awaholi Gihli
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2009, 02:22:03 PM »
Unfortunately, I too sound like my grandparents. I thought they were too old to know what mattered back then. Sometime around age 30, I realized how wrong I was, and how right they were.  :)

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2009, 02:32:24 PM »
Yeah,,my grandfather ,looking back,,made alot of sense.
He was in WW1 and WW2,, he knew about hard living.
I knew though that something was wrong when he took me aside one day and said " Im gonna go upstairs and screw your grandma".
 Well,,i mean,, who was he to BS a 9 year old?

But really,, I catch myself thinking more and more like him. I see these kids going onto the millitary and then cmplaining about how hard basic training is.
Like its suposed to be easy?
 My little sisters boyfreind went into the army last summer,I was really proud of him, he showed that he was straightening his life up.
Then while in AIT,, he skipped out and went AWOL,,when they caught him he was complaining that he was tired of people giving him orders.
 Yeah,,nicely thought out there guy.
I keep my standards low.