Author Topic: What video game(s) are you playing?  (Read 57424 times)

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
Re: What video game(s) are you playing?
« Reply #150 on: July 28, 2016, 03:49:20 PM »
I liked Oblivion. There's a ton (tonne y'all) of texture mods to make it beautiful. Other developers could take a lesson from Bethesda and make modding easier.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #151 on: July 29, 2016, 12:45:52 AM »
I might give that another go.

The revamped Skyrim looks fantastic but I rarely play a game twice. As I'm more of an RPGer, the story is the most important aspect of the game and you can't un-know an ending.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #152 on: August 12, 2016, 05:10:46 PM »

Been playing Terraria for the last few days. It's a real grind at first. Still haven't beat the first boss, Skeletron.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #153 on: August 13, 2016, 01:07:12 AM »
You know I have good friend who loves that game, you'd like him.  I tried it a few times and found it difficult and taking away from my LOTR online. 
I'll try it with you when I have another ps3, or internet, I figure it may be ps3 &ps4 only??

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #154 on: August 13, 2016, 02:42:22 AM »
I'm playing it on PC.

Terraria STEAM CD $6.91 (activates on Steam).

https://www.g2a.com/terraria-steam-cd-key-global.html

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #155 on: August 15, 2016, 06:27:49 AM »
We discovered some gaming shops in a mall in Castries.  They are an excellent option for offloading the sprogs.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #156 on: August 15, 2016, 12:37:36 PM »
Saints row 3, having to level up again sucks, but I managed to kill a genkii.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #157 on: August 16, 2016, 09:26:53 PM »
My gal and I played co-op Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel on our PCs tonight. We use 2 Steam Links and stream to 2 TVs.

Got an email from Bethesda...

\o/ "Great news! You've been chosen for the FALLOUT 4 NUKA-WORLD CLOSED BETA!"

Playing it now.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 12:32:09 AM by brickbatz »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #158 on: August 27, 2016, 09:27:02 AM »
Gratz. I beat SR 3. You can tell when the publisher pressed the "golly you developers, it's done" button. During the development of the zombie part. They introduce the mayor (the game files show it was stunt casting) and during the zombie survival mode, they have two vehicles that make sense - ambulance, hearse, and generic gang truck. That was the line.

The DLC expansions were okay, but steelport was very empty compared to sr2. I'd say 60% of the cqmpaign was activity missions. Granted, some of those were the most fun I've had gaming.

Clearing the stag bases, murderbrawl, there was some inspired stuff in there.

I loaded up oblivion again because of course I did. Knocked a minotaur horn off a shelf and got suspended from the mages guild. Fuuuuuuuu.

Getting reinstated is one of the most horrible fetch quests ever. You're collecting pink and yellow flowers. Of which there are 50 in game, non respawning, and the entire area is different pink and yellow flowers. Collecting plants is never a 100% success rate. So you get that too.

And a rat bit me and it cut my carry limit in half!

And even after clearing everything up, people are dicks because I have 1 infamy and 0 fame.

It actually made the grinding from guild wars seem fun.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #159 on: October 09, 2016, 03:43:36 PM »
I'm playing a new release called Mafia III. It's locked at 30 FPS, it crashes for some, it's repetitive and the graphics suck. It's not worth the $60.00 price tag. 2K said they're working on a patch to unlock the framerate but that hasn't happened yet. That kind of poo seems to happen a lot when they port a game from console to PC. I feel for the people that bought the game. ::) Why they would release a AAA title in this state is beyond me.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #160 on: October 09, 2016, 06:28:23 PM »
I actually have a subscription to game informer because I needed the discount for my replacement 360 ($120) doesn't sound like a jet engine, won't rrod, got a new controller, and all I do is play oblivion again :P

Anyway, when I saw that they were trying to work in a multiracial cast while still keepin' it real TM, I knew the game was in trouble. When I saw a lot of the features were "poo the devs saw in fo4 and orgasmed over" I knew it would be a shitshow.

2k has really been phoning it in as well.

Frankly, Mafia was an ok gta clone that managed to avoid being tagged with the gta clone sticker by setting the game in ancient history, vehicle wise. The plot was surprisingly good, and the game was a hit. But I didn't really see a franchise in it.

[Forgot to mention, mafia is the ONLY time I have enjoyed the sawed off shotgun, or lupella as the game terms it]

I was looking forward to the second game despite that, but they turned it into a microtransaction poo show, so I still haven't played it, but I have heard some less than positive reviews to offset the glowing ones.

But yeah, the early look in game informer showed me that mafia III was going to be a mess.

So I started oblivion again. Why? I found out you can buy pre-filled grand soul gems. Before that I ground up to lvl 15 just so I could summon a master level shitghost to fill up soul gems.

I was in those not fun teen levels where bears OHK you unless you spam summons, and not having a  good time again, and then found out all I needed was 800 septims a hit.

Then I found out I forgot to save my lvl 1 sewer exit save, and cursed sheggorath again.

I'll probably get to skyrim when I'm nursing home age.

And I've been feeling an itch to revisit the capitol wasteland, need to kill that richard 3 dog again.

I like 3 dog as a DJ, he's a cool dude there, but the actual interactions and he wildly inappropriate vis a vis difficulty quest he assigns for bless'ed bread crumbs makes me feel like hitting gamestop and picking it up for 360.

Or I could tell mom to get rid of some furniture so I can set up my computer.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 06:31:09 PM by 8ullfrog »

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #161 on: October 09, 2016, 07:55:51 PM »
Dang 8ully, set up the PC. I haven't bought a game for my 360 in over a year. You know how much cheaper games are for PC. I buy games cheaper on G2A and activate them on Steam. I set up my old PC for my gal and we play co-op Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel. She can't use a mouse and keyboard but the 360 controllers work for most games. I know you don't pirate games but I'm sure glad I didn't pay $60.00 for Mafia III. I play pirated games and buy the games if I like them (Borderlands, BL2, BL The Pre-Sequel, Skyrim, Oblivian, Fallout 3-Vegas-4...)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 07:58:12 PM by brickbatz »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #162 on: October 09, 2016, 08:06:08 PM »
It's crazy,I have my own room now and I had more space sleeping over the washing machine.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #163 on: October 09, 2016, 09:24:13 PM »
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendry Edition (has Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn DLC) is going for $10.58 on g2a (activates on Steam). If you have that Bethesda will give you The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition for free on PC. No breaks for consoles.

I played it on my Xbox but I bought it on PC for the free Special Edition upgrade. I liked Oblivion better.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #164 on: October 17, 2016, 09:36:09 PM »
Just finished Shadow Warrior 2. Silly (richard & fart jokes) hack & slash fun.