Computer/Technology > Technology

Beats by Dre

<< < (2/4) > >>

goldshirt*9:
have listened to beats and found them rather Base orientated.
As a oldie I do like to listen to music not just the boom. JBL make some good bluetooth headphones that are pretty good and decently priced.

--- Quote from: 8ullfrog on September 07, 2019, 04:41:32 PM ---Beats are more a fashion accessory

--- End quote ---
So agree.
Found a pair of bose earbuds which sound very good but are so expensive

I own a set of Bayerdynamic in earbuds and over the ear, love them to death.
Have a set of Jays which are not too bad for the price.
Bluetooth i use iTeknic and for £20 which work whilst I run and cycle. Not too expensive if broken.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07N2P318B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The Beyer and the Jays have are flat wire connections (not the normal round) which sound fantastic but if your moving around you can hear the wires slapping against your head / ears so a little off putting at times, so you need to be still for beat usage

6pairsofshoes:
I caved and spent the c. $35 to get the Beats.  I figure if I hate them, I can sell them at a profit on ebay.  It seemed like I might as well, since I had to get the computer anyway.  It will be ready on 10/16.  I'm hoping it won't take too long to set up. I should be able to transfer the contents of the Time Machine onto it.  In the meantime, I'm using this Air.  It leaves a good deal to be desired.  But it's better than nothing.

I'm trying to find a cheap ipad mini as I read lots of ebooks and right now the choices are:  read them on my iphone 6, or my first generation ipad which is sort of heavy.  I am afraid to read too late at night lest I fall asleep and the heavy glass falls to the floor, shattering.  It's got practically no resale value but it still works, so I use it.  The used mini 4s are so expensive that I may just hold out until Black Friday and see if I can just get a new one.  After a point, it's not worth the small savings.  I'd be happy to get an older one except that many of them won't be supported.  The one I have can only run iOs 5.  That limits its functionality significantly.

8ullfrog:
I'll mention again, relatively modern Samsung's have a blue light filter, might help with late night reading, doesn't seem to do a bless'ed thing for battery life.

While Beats do appear to be something of a confidence scam, I'd be interested in hearing your experience of them, but it seems you're somewhat between platforms for now.

I consider my 4gb blue iPod Nano (no video) my old standard for testing. Like I said, the Sennheiser HD 205's are a little flat, and I don't trust tech blogs anymore.

I remember there used to be absolutely brilliant head to head tests where they didn't care who made the products, and they'd have stars down the list.

Nowadays, it's all clearly sponsored content. Damn shame.

I don't know how you feel about the group, but Rage Against The Machine's 1992 self titled album is considered a good test album, apparently it was well produced.

So I like the tab line, and I believe they are far less expensive than apple. I'd say avoid the poo out of the ellipsis line, but you're unlikely to come across one.

I do miss my tab 3, which was killed by my own stupidity. Avoid that, if possible.

dweez:
All the platforms newer OS versions have a "night mode" blue light filter feature now (Windows, OS X, iOS, Android, etc), you just have to find where it's at in the settings. In iOS it's called "Night Shift" and it's in Settings > Display & Brightness.

8ullfrog:
Good deal, on my S5, the right side blues burned out, looked like a coffee stain. Wasn't why they replaced the phone, but I also did not mention it. If you say anything about dead pixels, they just void the service ticket.

Thankfully in my case, they were worried the phone was going to pop. That's on their dime. Been a fairly horrible nightmare. But I already made that thread. :P

I hope six likes the headphones. I still remember the expose where the guy revealed they were weighing the beats down to make them "feel" more expensive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version