General Category > Comic Books/Graphic Novels

WTF! Disney Buys out Marvel Entertainment

(1/5) > >>

redlandslide:
It said on the news that Disney have bought Marvel Entertainment, giving them access to Marvels characters. Expect a Spider-Man meets Mickey Mouse comic on the shelves soon.

Skadi:
>_<

I had to go run search it to see it in print

Skadi:
maybe if we hurry and scrape together 5 billion, we can throw in a counter offer :P

.. I have $5 I can throw in >_<

the Fed just made $14bn profit on loans, maybe Obama can buy it before Disney does..

dweez:
Fricken' great.  I hope Disney doesn't screw them up.

JackFrost:

--- Quote from: dweez on August 31, 2009, 09:22:39 AM ---Fricken' great.  I hope Disney doesn't screw them up.

--- End quote ---

How could they?

The folks at Marvel are already doing a bang-up job at that.  :P

But seriously, I believe this is a move to try and secure the existence of Marvel's comic books when the comic book direct sales market implodes as small businesses are closing their doors at record pace during this 'financial crisis' ::).

DC's got Time-Warner behind it so they're already set, Marvel was just a bunch of investors/shareholders who are probably looking to unload the property.

As I am currently reading exactly 1 Marvel title, Jonathan Hickman's new stint on Fantastic Four, I can't say I'm overly alarmed at what might happen to the 'quality'.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version