Author Topic: Interesting images.  (Read 215957 times)

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: Interesting images.
« Reply #450 on: October 03, 2010, 07:20:38 AM »
That is definitely on my list of places to visit - in pen and not pencil it is such a must.  Maybe I'll take a ride up next summer with my son riding pillion?
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #451 on: October 03, 2010, 08:37:13 AM »
^ very pretty

The fog here this morning was amazing. I didn't have my camera with me :( My weather should be the same all week though, hopefully I can catch fog some other time this week and take a picture. There's a zombie walk this week also. Maybe I'll be able to take pics there.. that should definitely make for interesting pictures :P

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #452 on: October 03, 2010, 09:42:31 AM »
^ very pretty

The fog here this morning was amazing. I didn't have my camera with me :( My weather should be the same all week though, hopefully I can catch fog some other time this week and take a picture. There's a zombie walk this week also. Maybe I'll be able to take pics there.. that should definitely make for interesting pictures :P

please do would be fun to see, and why  ???

That is definitely on my list of places to visit - in pen and not pencil it is such a must.  Maybe I'll take a ride up next summer with my son riding pillion?
your more than welcome to come up.
let us know

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #453 on: October 03, 2010, 09:45:55 AM »
please do would be fun to see, and why  ???

lol.. why is there a zombie walk? It must be a US thing :P Several cities do it.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #454 on: October 03, 2010, 09:46:23 AM »
photo's please  :D ;D ;D ;D

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #455 on: October 03, 2010, 12:54:10 PM »

your more than welcome to come up.
let us know

Wlll do and thanks.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #456 on: October 06, 2010, 01:06:50 PM »
lovely weather at the moment

my japanese maple is turning a beautiful colour

Offline Discover99

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #457 on: October 06, 2010, 02:44:42 PM »
wow the second picture is awesome!  :o
i love the blue sky

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #458 on: October 07, 2010, 11:17:01 PM »
photo's please  :D ;D ;D ;D

These aren't my photos :P The professional photographers at the event were really good, and their cameras have better set up for darkness and motion. But.. they were just really good in the sense that they were personable and worked with the crowds really well. Some year I might go and consider just setting up tp take pictures, and not participate.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #459 on: October 08, 2010, 07:23:56 AM »
what a parade . looks great

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
« Reply #460 on: October 08, 2010, 08:43:13 AM »
The blood in the 7th pic looks particularly natural!!  Generally the blood in films looks too pinkish when in real life blood becomes more brownish in contact with the air.
The ilumination from the bottom it's very original.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 08:45:45 AM by xtopave »

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #461 on: October 08, 2010, 11:09:37 AM »
I only saw a handful of people that looked dumb. Most people do a better then average to excellent job of makeup application. It helps that both the big zombie walks around us are this time of year.. all of the hallowwen stores are open. So everyoine has access to good but affordable facepaint and  blood.

And, most people have extremely good background stories that play out in what they choose to wear. There's lots of good imagination. There was one guy who was carrying his briefcase that was hanging open, but his zombie brain refused to drop it ;D .. and the girl he was was paired up with was in cool business attire also. There were also a couple of girls dressed in hanging out clothes.. like.. clothes that you wouldn't want to be stuck in for life if you never got to change your clothes again.. the funniest in that group was a girl whose shorts said 'Girls Don't Poop' across the butt of her shorts. Another guy was in a UPS uniform. Everyone was very clever. 

The photographers were in heaven running around getting shots :D The prewalk gathering takes place in a park at dusk, so there was still some moody natural lighting. And the whole downtown area is well lit.. and you have the great shock and juxtaposition between the zombies and the non zombies. The only group I was disappointed in were zombie hunters. None of them stood out as excellent. 

Plus, everyone beahves fairly well, the crowds watching were good sports, and it raises money for local charities, which were all nice bonuses.

Offline Discover99

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #462 on: October 08, 2010, 03:03:15 PM »
wow
great pics and thanks for the recount Skadi :) did you also get into a costume?

i think they also do a zombie walk in berlin, but i didn't hear of it time and just looked at some pics online. i think they walked during the daytime so it wasn't as impressive as the pictures you posted

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #463 on: October 08, 2010, 03:53:12 PM »
did you also get into a costume?

Yes, it?s super fun to dress up. Plus it was even more fun to jump at bystanders and see who you could scare, and drag your palms along store windows to scare the people inside..or peer in at people while their sitting and eating :D We gave our donation to the local homeless shelter, so it?s nice to find a creative way to call attention issues.  Sometime I?d like to go just to take pictures of it instead of participate. It?s too hard to do both. Next year though at least one other person and myself are considering going as zombie hunters since there weren?t any good organized groups or teams of them that stood out.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #464 on: October 09, 2010, 08:05:14 AM »
What?  No photos of you Skadi?  You could blur out the face if you want.
--dweez