Author Topic: Review a film that you think is worth watching (not one that you don't)  (Read 60855 times)

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
Re: Review a film that you think is worth watching (not one that you don't)
« Reply #270 on: August 22, 2009, 07:21:18 AM »
could you tell me the ending?

Is that your way of saying that I said to much? I put it in "spoilers" so as to not give anything away. But if you really want to know the ending you have to watch the movie.  ???

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #271 on: August 23, 2009, 06:47:44 PM »
Is that your way of saying that I said to much? I put it in "spoilers" so as to not give anything away. But if you really want to know the ending you have to watch the movie.  ???

lol no that wasnt my way of telling you that you told to much. I just like to know the ending to movies im most likely not going to watch.

i saw District 9. it was good, i just didnt like the ending.

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
  • With powers of hawk, wolf, puma and bear.
    • TITLE!
« Reply #272 on: August 25, 2009, 07:40:51 AM »
Moon (2009)

I enjoyed watching Moon.  Any review I write won’t be able to put across how much I liked the film.  I suggest you go watch it.  I've attempted to write about it, but it's really best you go into the cinema not knowing how much I like it.

Spoiler (hover to show)

Now Zoidberg is the popular one!

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #273 on: September 05, 2009, 07:56:10 PM »
Watched Inglorious Bastards tonight. And the highlight of the film, by far, was Christoph Waltz's performance as Col. Hans Landa. I was not familiar with this actor at all prior to this movie as he is Austrian. But he was UNBELIEVABLE in this role.  The movie as a whole moved very slowly for me and I ended up pause/play several times before the ending. It has all the Tarentino nuances but I wouldnt watch it again. Great ending. And as you all know, that is key for me to give any sort of thumbs up to a movie. So Ill leave this one at 5.5/10 

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #274 on: September 06, 2009, 02:15:17 AM »
re watched no country for old menon blue ray. 
fantastic scenery and story line.love the way the movie moves along at 1 pace.
nice to see the bad guy get away with it. :D

a movie to watch with a drink on a dark night.
Connie and Carla.
it has no pretenses , a song and a joke . moves along very well.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #275 on: September 07, 2009, 07:52:53 PM »
 I liked Gamer with Gerald Butler and Micheal C Hall. Who knew dexter had a body like that underneath all those clothes. I Think all the women and some men gasped in surprised, when he took off his shirt.   I like kevin bacon/beacon ? wife, but i felt like her character sounded a bit like her tv character on closer. any who some parts of the movie dragged but all in all. it was good movie, well worth seeing for 6 bucks.

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #276 on: September 16, 2009, 08:59:12 PM »
A nail-biting psychological thriller, that never lets you go. Set in New York State, the story center's on juvenile murderer, Eric Poole, who at 18, is released from jail having served his sentence for the murder of a young girl. Russell Crowe plays the hard-bitten detective who put him away and who is sure that Poole is a potential serial killer who will reoffend. He makes it his mission to keep Poole under surveillance as he sets off on a seemingly innocent road trip up-state. But all is not as it seems as Poole soon finds himself on the run with a young girl who has become obsessed with him and may or may not have been witness to the first murder. [D-Man2010]

John Polsen directs this indie thriller based on the novel by Robert Cormier. Russell Crowe stars as Detective Cristofuoro, a semi-retired police officer who is trying to unravel the past to discover whether a violent teenager, Eric Poole (Jon Foster), was responsible for the murder of his family. Sophie Traub co-stars as Lori, the teenage runaway who falls under Eric's spell. [D-Man2010]

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
  • I've seen the future. I can't afford it.
« Reply #277 on: September 16, 2009, 11:34:16 PM »
lol no that wasnt my way of telling you that you told to much. I just like to know the ending to movies im most likely not going to watch.

i saw District 9. it was good, i just didnt like the ending.

I actually liked the ending, and thought it was a decent set-up for a sequel. Out of curiosity, what didn't you like? :)

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #278 on: September 17, 2009, 12:59:19 AM »
nice to see the bad guy get away with it. :D

LOL.. that is it.. isn't it? Someone in rl has been bugging me about that ending.. they went back to it and asked me about it again the other day.. like they were missing some bigger meaning. But that really is sort of it. doh ::) I love having someone else push a moment of profound simple clarity on you.. and the light bulb suddenly goes on :D

Offline frankcapri

• Human
« Reply #279 on: September 17, 2009, 01:38:23 AM »
I actually liked the ending, and thought it was a decent set-up for a sequel. Out of curiosity, what didn't you like? :)

I enjoyed District 9 quite a bit all the way through.  You think they'll make a sequel? 

Spoiler (hover to show)
Size, it doesn't matter to me so long as I get it...Gotta go now.

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
  • I've seen the future. I can't afford it.
« Reply #280 on: September 17, 2009, 09:36:30 AM »
I enjoyed District 9 quite a bit all the way through.  You think they'll make a sequel? 

Spoiler (hover to show)

Spoiler (hover to show)

Offline MisterAJ

• Rt Hon Reverend AJ
  • Homo Superior
  • Practice safe eating - always use condiments.
« Reply #281 on: September 19, 2009, 05:11:50 AM »

Spoiler (hover to show)

I'm rooting for that!!!

BOT:

Death Race 2000 and Death Race (2008).

Liked them both, in their own way... :)

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #282 on: October 18, 2009, 02:58:04 PM »
 ZOMBIELAND : I went in expecting the movie to be stupid and funny and it didnt disappoint. Woody Harrelson was played his part well and the movie moved at a good pace expect for the mansion part which should have been edited shorter. There wasn't enough zombie killing and not a lot of blood either, I don't think it should have got a R rating.

Law Abiding Citizen: Good movie, I like gerald butler's acting more when hes all in shape and half naked, He was only naked and half naked for one scene of the movie :(.  the movie has some pretty violent/gory scenes, and it moved at a pretty good pace, I wish that
Spoiler (hover to show)
but he didn't but the ending was was appropriate.

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
« Reply #283 on: October 18, 2009, 03:06:32 PM »
       ;)

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #284 on: October 18, 2009, 03:08:24 PM »
lol thanks XT  ;D. i was looking for that picture so i could use it my post.